We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by japhy »

They have lost their fucking minds.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/taylor-beer- ... 14335.html
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

They want us all to enjoy their shit sandwich. Such blithering idiots. They aren't even good at religion.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:13 pm They have lost their fucking minds.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/taylor-beer- ... 14335.html
It must he exhausting being told you have to be mad about so many things.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So many trivial things.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

How goddamn DUMB are the Rs for - seriously - trying to win popularity contests by being against Disney, Bud Light and Taylor Swift.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:17 am How goddamn DUMB are the Rs for - seriously - trying to win popularity contests by being against Disney, Bud Light and Taylor Swift.
what’s sad is that it seems to work for so many
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:19 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:17 am How goddamn DUMB are the Rs for - seriously - trying to win popularity contests by being against Disney, Bud Light and Taylor Swift.
Yes. But one of the things that is killing the party is that replacing 5% of the base by the other 95% getting 5% louder is not a viable strategy!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:21 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:19 am
Yes. But one of the things that is killing the party is that replacing 5% of the base by the other 95% getting 5% louder is not a viable strategy!
Next on Fox News, three hours on Hunter Biden
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“He’s the most Godly president in my lifetime”

Last Week in the Republican Party - February 13, 2024
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Shirley wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:11 pm “He’s the most Godly president in my lifetime”
I think that if we are being intellectually honest, we can all agree that if Jesus had lived another 30 years he would have had 3 wives, talked about fucking his own daughter, raped a woman, paid hush money to his concubines and used charitable donations to commission a vanity portrait of himself.

I mean that would just be Jesus doing Jesus stuff.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:30 pm
Shirley wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:11 pm “He’s the most Godly president in my lifetime”
I think that if we are being intellectually honest, we can all agree that if Jesus had lived another 30 years he would have had 3 wives, talked about fucking his own daughter, raped a woman, paid hush money to his concubines and used charitable donations to commission a vanity portrait of himself.

I mean that would just be Jesus doing Jesus stuff.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The percentage of American parents with children < 16 y/o who have any personal experience with the communicable "childhood" diseases that used to infect nearly all of the nation's children before the invention of vaccines to prevent them is, imo, likely < 1%. That naiveté renders them susceptible to anti-vax fear-mongers who seize the opportunity to manipulate them for $ and/or influence/power, and leaves their children and society susceptible to a myriad of potentially serious diseases and their consequences.

Meanwhile, Reagan et al*, spin in their graves:

Sen. Kevin Cramer, R-N.D., hit back at Republican colleague, Sen. Eric Schmitt, over ageist comments Schmitt made in regards to the Senate's passing of the foreign aid bill.

*“Et al.” is an abbreviation of the Latin term “et alia,” which means “and others.” It's used in source citations to save space when there are too many authors to name them all.

The list of "and others" is much too long to list, and includes many, many people on both sides of the isle. "Both sides of the isle". What a quaint concept. You would think that maybe, just maybe, there were a few things we could still agree on, like opposing one of the other super powers in the world that has been out to undermine our society by any and every means possible for the last ~ 75 years. But, no. Like what seems like everything else, e.g., accepting election results and the peaceful transfer of power, it's fodder for disagreement and division, and possibly violence, too.

Thanks Trump, you pos. Arguably the most flawed and ignorant president in a century or more.
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Last Week in the Republican Party - February 13, 2024
A living breathing example of someone being brainwashed.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

first orban, and now bukele…both authoritarians welcomed with enthusiastic applause to the cpac stage

do these people not realize, or just not care that all of our freedoms might very well come under attack should we continue down this road?

free speech? :lol:
freedom of the press? :lol:
freedom of religion? :lol:
heck, even being free to discuss and talk shit on random message boards could fall by the wayside

i’m sure they think they’re on the “winning” side, thouh…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The permanent minority party needs to subjugate the majority in order to provide jobs to children. "There's room for you inside."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:15 pm The permanent minority party needs to subjugate the majority in order to provide jobs to children. "There's room for you inside."
These people are just so goddamned strange.

https://x.com/joshtpm/status/1761802862 ... PzNG4aOfKQ
Rep Byron Donalds: "IVF is something that is so critical to a lot of couples. It helps them breed great families."
I will point out that it is certainly a choice for a Black Trump supporter to not at least lie low for a few days after Trump pitched Black people by saying they in particular should identify with him, what with the indictments and all.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:10 pm
Sparko wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:15 pm The permanent minority party needs to subjugate the majority in order to provide jobs to children. "There's room for you inside."
These people are just so goddamned strange.

https://x.com/joshtpm/status/1761802862 ... PzNG4aOfKQ
Rep Byron Donalds: "IVF is something that is so critical to a lot of couples. It helps them breed great families."
I will point out that it is certainly a choice for a Black Trump supporter to not at least lie low for a few days after Trump pitched Black people by saying they in particular should identify with him, what with the indictments and all.
What do you expect from an ethnic group that LOVES sneakers?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Waiting to cross the street at Michigan and Delaware.
Red light. Cross walk is white (white in Chicago - not green) for me to cross. I start crossing and a guy in a Mercedes decides he wants to go through the red light. Almost hits me. He puts his hands up and then gives me the finger. Guy walking next to me says - "He must be a Democrat".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mitch mcconnell finally stepping down. At the young age of 82
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

This is why she is beloved, because her life is so relatable. Who hasn't had to drive to home to see if their ex threw their shit in the pond?
WINDSOR, Colo. — On a recent February afternoon, Rep. Lauren Boebert’s (R-Colo.) campaign manager walked into a coffee shop for a gathering of the Pachyderm Club, a local Republican group, and spoke briefly on behalf of his candidate. Boebert wasn’t there herself; she was back in her old district, figuring out whether her ex-husband had thrown her belongings into a pond.

That morning, Boebert had driven to her old house to retrieve the last of her things from a farmhouse on their property, which she’d moved into as their marriage began to fall apart. He still lived in the main house and, according to Boebert, when she called him ahead of her arrival he told her she could find her stuff “at the bottom of the pond.” That turned out not to be true, but he had removed her stuff and put it into a storage trailer without her consent, she said. Boebert called the police and got a temporary restraining order.
This one just oozes rubepublican "family values". We won't be seeing her signs out in the Empire any more.