GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'm trying to think of a rainbow and unicorn way of saying this and I'm struggling.
I know plenty of Democrats who have the same sentiment (Let's go Brandon). As they probably should.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Rainbows&Unicorns wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:15 am I'm trying to think of a rainbow and unicorn way of saying this and I'm struggling.
I know plenty of Democrats who have the same sentiment (Let's go Brandon). As they probably should.
He is what we thought he was; a person meant only to steer the boat away from the iceberg. He was a scared choice resulting from poorly ordered primaries, not a good choice. Unfortunately, I think the nation's loonies are going to put another moron at the helm in 3 years to point us right back towards another one.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I see gutter is off his meds again. Yeah!

I'm not sure what impresses me more, the republican party going completely soulless or the democratic party constantly overplaying their hand. It's just astonishing.

If I weren't a straight white man I'd be looking at Canada, New Zealand or Australia for citizenship right now. This countries politics are a fucking clown show. We basically have two options, pie in the sky delusionals or rich famous people
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

as long as the 401k is making money. that is all that matters. the rest is just noise.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ugh.

Cascadia, please stop being a dick to gutter.

The internet bully shtick is so lame.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:03 am I see gutter is off his meds again. Yeah!

I'm not sure what impresses me more, the republican party going completely soulless or the democratic party constantly overplaying their hand. It's just astonishing.

If I weren't a straight white man I'd be looking at Canada, New Zealand or Australia for citizenship right now. This countries politics are a fucking clown show. We basically have two options, pie in the sky delusionals or rich famous people
Is that right, though? You could argue that the real issue is underplaying their hand over the last year. This was the time to (i) deliver enormously popular things and (ii) take affirmative steps to kneecap the weaknesses and vulnerabilities in our courts and election process that nearly resulted in a successful coup.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:16 am as long as the 401k is making money. that is all that matters. the rest is just noise.
"Me, me, me. All that matters is this guy, me. Me first, details later."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, I haven’t followed super close, but I too read it more as Dems not delivering on things they said they’d deliver.

The two party system is the divided republic the framers feared.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:40 am
Cascadia wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:03 am I see gutter is off his meds again. Yeah!

Is that right, though? You could argue that the real issue is underplaying their hand over the last year. This was the time to (i) deliver enormously popular things and (ii) take affirmative steps to kneecap the weaknesses and vulnerabilities in our courts and election process that nearly resulted in a successful coup.
I think the problem is that said things are not as enormously popular as the democratic party thinks. They tend to think silence is compliance. It's how trumpy got elected
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:35 am Ugh.

Cascadia, please stop being a dick to gutter.

The internet bully shtick is so lame.
No thanks. I'll be a dick as long as he continues to be a dick. Which has been 20+ years now.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I think the biggest take from yesterday is not a failure by Dems, it's further confirmation of just how divided this country is at the polls. Both VA and NJ races were insanely close. The margin for error is literally ZERO.

If anything, this is a wakeup call for Dem voters that they CANNOT SLACK OFF AT ALL. They have to come out in full force even moreso then the 2020 presidential elections. Especially minorities...

Has the Dem infighting helped matters? Absolutely not, but this is a localized example at a state level. I'm taking it with a grain of salt until we see what happens nationwide in 2022. There's a lot that going to happen between now and then. We will see how each side handles it.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the independents are who win elections, and if the dems don’t start getting shit fine they’re gonna continue to loose the support of independents

they HAVE to actually legislate to counter the manufactured culture wars of things like CRT, and the finger-pointing emanating from the right
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:41 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:16 am as long as the 401k is making money. that is all that matters. the rest is just noise.
"Me, me, me. All that matters is this guy, me. Me first, details later."
Be fair, he also makes time to hate educated people.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

where’s illy? that’s right up his bothsidesism ally
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

When attending an attempted insurrection becomes a bragging item for a politician's resume, you know you are a party that needs to ask some hard questions about your direction long term.