Deleted User 310

Re: Welcome KJ Adams!

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Do they keep 3pt %s in high school?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:38 am And he has some outside game.
Should be a different player than Traylor.
I'd say closer to a guy like Andrew White than Jamari.
...a spectrum with Jamari Traylor on one end, and Andrew White III on the other end...is the entire spectrum of what wing/forward basketball players can be.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Jamari was an unranked recruit if I remember - and his scouting report was more about his athleticism and motor than his shooting/finishing.

This is highlights from high school - but it looks like it's highlights from the same game - and you see more jumpers made in this one game by Adams than Jamari made in his KU career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tirtfOKf13I#t=1m15s
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Jamari was supposed to land us DeAndre Daniels IIRC. Or at least that's how the staff found him. But yeah, not a top 100 recruit.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm more concerned with whether he can guard a perimeter player more than play outside offensively.

In 2020 thats going to be the case for most 4's.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:55 am I'm more concerned with whether he can guard a perimeter player more than play outside offensively.

In 2020 thats going to be the case for most 4's.
It's clear that, at least until there's another shift across the sport, we're going to have to guard four out.

So, you're right.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I'm surprised there hasn't been a single comment of him using a $200K car in his "commitment video", lol.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Maybe you should post the commitment video and comment on it yourself instead of commenting how no one else has commented. I didn't even know there was a commitment video.

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

You got me there.

I didn't know anything about it until today either when one of my buddies text me wondering where he got the car. Maybe one of the members here who follows all these high school/college kids they've never met can post it.
Deleted User 310

I dont follow him (yet)

...but here it is....

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CDUjxUSndp ... z6hci59dvg
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I hate these elaborate commitment announcements. Just pick your school and go prove yourself. That said, welcome KJ.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:00 pm You got me there.

I didn't know anything about it until today either when one of my buddies text me wondering where he got the car. Maybe one of the members here who follows all these high school/college kids they've never met can post it.
When I was in HS, the kids in the homecoming court would have to get someone in town to let them borrow a convertible for the homecoming parade. I grew up in a shitty poor town and it was stil relatively easy.

I don't think it's difficult to get someone to let you borrow their car for stuff like this. In a place like Austin, I doubt its hard to find someone with a nice sports car.

Deleted User 310

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:59 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:00 pm You got me there.

When I was in HS, the kids in the homecoming court would have to get someone in town to let them borrow a convertible for the homecoming parade. I grew up in a shitty poor town and it was stil relatively easy.

I don't think it's difficult to get someone to let you borrow their car for stuff like this. In a place like Austin, I doubt its hard to find someone with a nice sports car.
At the very end of the video some credits roll....they clearly paid someone to produce and shoot the video. I am sure that company coordinated for the renting/use of the vehicle.

Plus, he isnt Zion. Adidas wouldnt pay him enough to even afford the lease on that car, let alone buy it.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Hope he's better than Rio Adams. :)
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:04 pm Hope he's better than Rio Adams. :)

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Signed.

Adams and Clemence such obvious Enaruna successors. 4-out is here to stay.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And now we’re even talking tiny ball, with Tristan at the 5

It’s crazy how long it took for Self to commit to it, too.

We played some limited small ball in 06-08 with Rush at the 4...maaaaybe a few possessions with Releford at the 4?

Then we avoided playing Wiggins at the 4 even though he may have been even more effective there (and Selden more effective at the 3, but it’s not like Self was gonna bench Perry)

Then we played Josh Jackson at the 4 but really only out of necessity/“best 5 on the court,” since Bragg was just not panning out

Same thing next year once Billy wasn’t eligible

Fast forward to now, and we’re practically wondering whether power forwards even exist any more
Last edited by ousdahl on Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think we recruit without having a Dok or McCormack kinda dude in mind.
And if a PF prospect comes along who is a Marcus Morris type, I don't think we say no just because we have another highly regarded big.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, it has to be a “versatile” power forward with an outside-in game. Which is to say, more of a small forward that can still bang.

I think we’ll see our recruiting reflect what our roster has looked like the past couple years:

3 or so true centers, 3 or so true point guards, and a bunch of long versatile wings in between
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

What?!?!?! We only ever have ONE PG at a time and he HAS to play 38+ minutes.