Welcome KJ Adams!

Kansas Basketball.
Mjl

Re: Welcome KJ Adams!

Post by Mjl »

I love that our fanbase gets excited by something like that. It's similar to the way the fans in Allen actually know when there's a bad call, as opposed to all the rednecky fanbases that just boo everything.

Good BBIQ fans
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Such a good play and he, and Reggie, knew it.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Yeah, love KJ’s reaction after the block
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:26 pm Hot take: KJ adams becomes the best all around defender self has ever had
Maybe. It would have been Josh Jackson if he stayed in school 2 or 3 years.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:06 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:26 pm Hot take: KJ adams becomes the best all around defender self has ever had
Maybe. It would have been Josh Jackson if he stayed in school 2 or 3 years.
Jackson had such a feel for how to disrupt a play. He was a fun defender to watch. It will be fun to watch Adams continue to develop. I hope he and Clemence are getting lots of shots up this summer. That is honestly one of my small concerns coming off a national title that returning players are spending a lot of time on the banquet circuit and aren't getting as many "I hate how this season ended so I am going to practice my ass off to make that never happen again" reps in.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Whew.

When does the transfer portal close?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The first time I saw that photo I tried to figure out if the net was set lower than normal. Then I remembered that you don't see a lot of 6'7" female volleyball players with huge verticals. He looks like an adult playing on a kids net.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mjl wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:27 pm Whew.

Is there a date when it closes? I didn't think there was. There are deadlines for NBA Draft stuff but can't someone transfer pretty much whenever, including in-season?
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:31 pm

Is there a date when it closes? I didn't think there was. There are deadlines for NBA Draft stuff but can't someone transfer pretty much whenever, including in-season?
Portal closes May 1st (iirc, CnB shared that info the other day)...but can still transfer after it closes, just with different rules.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:43 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:31 pm

Portal closes May 1st (iirc, CnB shared that info the other day)...but can still transfer after it closes, just with different rules.
May 1 is the deadline to enter and be eligible to play immediately this fall at your new school. If you enter the portal after May 1, you have to sit a year.

NOTE: This is for football and basketball both. Same deadline.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Interesting. Well, at least that gives the coaches a little bit of a breather. Looks like it opens back up again on August 1.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

And more importantly it makes me not get nervous every time I see a thread bump involving a player we expect to return.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:16 pm And more importantly it makes me not get nervous every time I see a thread bump involving a player we expect to return.
same. It made me anxious when I saw this thread get bumped. I would have been so pissed if KJ entered the portal. He's gonna be a fan favorite, a stud, and I still think he has a very good chance of becoming the best all around defender bill self has ever had here
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

hopefully our program is working hard behind the scenes to get these guys "competitive wages" to get these guys good NIL deals and none of them will enter the transfer portal to use as leverage to get more money. I've seen a lot of guys at other schools doing that. entering the transfer portal but keeping their current school on their list, and seeing if any other schools will try to outbid them. It's making programs basically have to re-recruit their players every year
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

the transfer portal deadline is today, right?

at least to transfer schools without having to sit a year.

you'd think if somebody was gonna transfer, they woulda said so by now - or like within the next few hours.
Deleted User 863

He has officially arrived. Consistent threat to score 10pts. Staying out of foul trouble. Improved passing. Improved rebounding. Improved shot blocking. Ferocious defense.

And it's crazy to think how many clutch baskets he has made already this season.

KJ DH and Bobby are why we won that game.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:23 pm He has officially arrived. Consistent threat to score 10pts. Staying out of foul trouble. Improved passing. Improved rebounding. Improved shot blocking. Ferocious defense.

And it's crazy to think how many clutch baskets he has made already this season.

KJ DH and Bobby are why we won that game.
Don't take this comparison farther than what I'm saying, but: Adams is having a very Embiid-like year, in that seemingly every week he's doing something cool and new. I don't feel comfortable saying exactly what his college ceiling is at this point.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:18 pmAdams is Embiid
Holy moly.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:18 pmseemingly every week he's doing something cool and new. I don't feel comfortable saying exactly what his college ceiling is at this point.
To this point, though, it sure looks and feels like it's trending how most of us thought in that, next season, Adams will slide over to the Jalen role and we play Udeh/Zuby at the 5. The new confidence on the midrange jumper is fun.