zsn
Contributor

Re: Veep

Post by zsn »

Oh yeah Pence needs his wife to be present for him to talk to Kamala 😂😂
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I never said Trump would win California.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:59 pm
Grandma wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:30 pm
Walrus wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:14 pm Gutter, one more time -- you have to earn my time. Take a look at Illy if you want to see an example of someone who knows how to have a "discussion."
I have to earn your time? You're implying I don't know how to have a discussion?
Who the fuck do you think you are? Someone who is superior to me and that I am supposed to respect?
As far as I am concerned, you're really nothing more to me than at times - an annoying person on a message board.
Like I said, congratulations on that.
I have attempted to engage you respectfully in terms of your attention seeking posts and clearly you choose to be nothing more towards me than a clueless fuck who has no spine, brain, or balls in terms of backing up the shit you spew. Good for you!

How'd I do there? Are you happy? Did I appease you with my post?
My point proven. lol

I'm sure you talk to your friends and family like this, right? ;) Again, study how Illy communicates...
Funny you responded and I "earned your time" in response to that post but when I ask/ed you simple questions in regards to what you say and claim, you ignore me. Or tell me I need to earn your time.

You can take your "earned time" and "point proven" and shove them wherever it feels good to you.
Frankly, I'm done with you and your bullshit. Please, go ahead and keep spewing away your narish but realize you're probably not going to get a reaction from me after this.
You want to talk about "earned"? You have earned ZERO respect from me.
As far as how I talk to my family and friends, you are not my friend nor family member and I am 100% confident my friends, family, co-workers, and other acquaintances are just fine with the manner in which I speak with them.

It's sweet how Illy and you communicate. It's fantastic. Communicate your little hearts away.
Illy is a nice guy. You're often an ass. At least you are on here. Maybe you're a good guy off the boards.
I like to think you are.
That being said, I may be giving you too much credit but I assume you do realize you're the reason why there are good people who have posted on this site that have left. Not sure if you are proud of that or not. You really shouldn't be.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Illy is one of the few that talks to me as if I were at a table with him. That's all I require to get my full attention.

And if Geezer and Jeep left, that's good news for a lot of us. They didn't contribute much other than name calling. Jeep left in embarrassment because I understood the housing market better than he did. Geezer is just... losing it upstairs. But you know, I don't really think either of them are going to be gone for long. This place is too important for them.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Get A brain Moran
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

NiceDC wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:07 pm
Mjl wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:32 pm Blech. She had one "good" primary debate, and that was when she was attacking Biden, accusing him of being a racist.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... gn=wp_main

No, Kamala Harris didn’t call Joe Biden racist
The very first words of the very first statement that President Trump’s reelection campaign offered in response to the selection of Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.) to be Joe Biden’s running mate were false.

“Not long ago,” the statement from campaign adviser Katrina Pierson read, “Kamala Harris called Joe Biden a racist and asked for an apology she never received.”

None of that is true, and given the alacrity with which similar claims spread following the Harris announcement, it’s worth explaining why.

The claim apparently stems from a moment in the first Democratic primary debate in late June 2019, when Harris and the former vice president were both contending for the party’s nomination. The candidates on the stage, all 10 of them, were discussing then-South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg’s record with his city’s Black population.

Harris, seizing the floor, used the moment to pivot to criticism of Biden, the candidate who had continually led in the polls. Earlier that month, Biden touted his ability to work with senators with whom he disagreed, including ones who supported segregation.

“I was actually very — it was hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputations and career on the segregation of race in this country,” Harris said. “And it was not only that, but you also worked with them to oppose busing” — that is, federal efforts to integrate schools by busing Black students into largely White districts.

“You know, there was a little girl in California who was part of the second class to integrate her public schools, and she was bused to school every day,” Harris continued. “And that little girl was me.”

Biden, clearly taken aback, called it “a mischaracterization of my position across the board” and insisted that he “did not praise racists.” The two went back and forth on Biden’s record on busing for a while, and then the conversation moved on.

It was an effective attack that briefly elevated Harris into the upper tier of the field. But it was not an accusation that Biden was racist.

In fact, Harris prefaced her comments by specifically saying she wasn’t making that accusation.

“I’m going to now direct this at Vice President Biden,” she said when she got the floor. “I do not believe you are a racist, and I agree with you when you commit yourself to the importance of finding common ground.”

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii), a frequent foil of Harris’s during the primary race, was one of the first to nonetheless allege that Harris called Biden racist, as she did in a later tweet. This was in part simply a framing of the exchange. But it was also a broader function of Harris’s insistence that Biden be accountable for his comments about the segregationists.

In a speech a few days after the debate, Biden expressed regret for what he had said.

“Was I wrong a few weeks ago to somehow give the impression to people that I was praising those men who I successfully opposed time and again? Yes, I was. I regret it,” Biden said. “I’m sorry for any of the pain or misconception I may have caused anybody.”

The “anybody” clearly included Harris. She responded.

“He says he’s sorry, and I’m going to take him at his word,” she told CNN. “But again that doesn’t address the issue of busing in America.” Harris also said that Biden was “right to recognize the impact of his words” and that his apology demanded “courage.”

That, again, is not how the Trump campaign statement presented the interactions. Instead, Trump’s team — or, at least, Pierson — appears to be using “called him racist” in the ironically broad sense of “raised questions about his approach to race.” It’s a not-uncommon conflation to assume that race-centered questions about behavior are necessarily questions about racist intent, but it’s a generally unsophisticated one. What’s more, if that’s the bar for calling someone a racist, there are probably few politicians in America who have been “called a racist” more frequently than Pierson’s boss, President Trump.

Often literally. A January poll conducted by The Washington Post and Ipsos found that 4 in 5 Black Americans consider Trump to be racist; a slightly larger percentage said they thought Trump had exacerbated racism in the country. A Quinnipiac University poll released last July found that a majority of Americans similarly believed Trump is racist. That’s the current against which Trump has been trying — unsuccessfully — to swim.

That’s the point of the statement, of course: to muddy the water on Biden’s and Trump’s records on race. With an eye to that goal, Trump has repeatedly claimed to have done more for Black Americans than any prior president, with the possible exception of Abraham Lincoln. In an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt that aired Tuesday, Trump said he expected to win more Black votes in 2020 than he did in 2016.

Anything is possible. But misrepresenting Harris’s views of Biden’s history is a dishonest way to try to do so.
Right, "I'm not calling you a racist, I'm just saying you did things to harm black people and palled around with racists.". It was absolutely the insinuation.
Deleted User 289

I realize you want to believe she was saying Biden is a racist and I respect your belief but I feel a need to break down your post in regards to your belief - and my belief/s.

From the article, "Biden touted his ability to work with senators with whom he disagreed, including ones who supported segregation".
"And it was not only that, but you also worked with them to oppose busing.”

As far as your and other people interpreting Kamala's "insinuation" and my belief/s......

He didn't "pal around with racists" by his "WORKING" with senators "WITH WHOM HE DISAGREED".
Even if he did, that makes him "racist"?
For some context, when I was a Freshman in High School I "palled" around with musicians and stoners. Guilty by association? I was neither a musician nor had I ever gotten high.

As far as his "opposing bussing", probably not a proud moment in his life but we have all done things we regret.
You claim Kamala was insinuating a SINGLE "thing" (not things - plural) that he "opposed" "harmed" Black people.
I don't know if I would use the word "harm" but let's agree it didn't help SOME.
I can't help but wonder if anyone who claims he is/was a racist has any real clue why he said and did what he did in terms of bussing? Do they realize at the time his stance was that he felt housing integration was a far better way to desegregate public schools than "busing" kids in to the neighborhoods to go to predominately white schools? Of course they don't. Yet, they are quick to accuse him of being a racist because of his stance/opinion on "bussing".
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Seriously, we’re discussing insinuations when Biden/Harris opponent was sanctioned by the Justice Department for ACTUAL racism? Focus on the fact that Trump is a PROVEN racist.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

So i was sort of surprised to see on social media A LOT of black people were unhappy/turned off by the Harris pick....it obviously didnt seem like any would vote for trump because of it, but a portion seemed like it might be a reason not to vote at all.

Their reasons ranged from her history of putting a lot of black men in jail for crimes maybe not worthy of their sentence, and i guess (?) there was an instance where she ignored evidence that would have proven a black man innocent (not sure what instance that is or if someone here can elaborate), also her being married to a white man....cant make everyone happy, and obviously comments on social media are just "comments", although it is hard not to go down that rabbit hole occasionally and read them. The posts were from various black people. The one that stuck out most comments wise was rapper TI who praised her and got significant push back from his followers. I like his music so i follow him. He tries to be an activist and bring awarness to things, but at times fails miserably by sharing fake news because he doesnt always fact check the memes he likes to share. But that is neither here nor there for this instance.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:12 am So i was sort of surprised to see on social media A LOT of black people were unhappy/turned off by the Harris pick....it obviously didnt seem like any would vote for trump because of it, but a portion seemed like it might be a reason not to vote at all.

Their reasons ranged from her history of putting a lot of black men in jail for crimes maybe not worthy of their sentence, and i guess (?) there was an instance where she ignored evidence that would have proven a black man innocent (not sure what instance that is or if someone here can elaborate), also her being married to a white man....cant make everyone happy, and obviously comments on social media are just "comments", although it is hard not to go down that rabbit hole occasionally and read them. The posts were from various black people. The one that stuck out most comments wise was rapper TI who praised her and got significant push back from his followers. I like his music so i follow him. He tries to be an activist and bring awarness to things, but at times fails miserably by sharing fake news because he doesnt always fact check the memes he likes to share. But that is neither here nor there for this instance.
Meanwhile the other side saying she's weak on crime. I think then the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Harris has plenty of time to bring back those who thinks she's too tough on crime, so I don't think it will be too much of an issue. Plus Dems need to stop with purity tests. She was AG of Cali. What do you want her to do, coddle all the people breaking the law?

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/ ... 4635308032
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:12 am So i was sort of surprised to see on social media A LOT of black people were unhappy/turned off by the Harris pick....it obviously didnt seem like any would vote for trump because of it, but a portion seemed like it might be a reason not to vote at all.

People post shit on social media to get attention. Joining a circle jerk doesn't get you as much attention as posting something they feel is risqué.

I feel the reasons/examples you stated shouldn't be ignored if they truly bother Black voters but......

I have little doubt that SOME Black people are turned off by/with Kamala.
Interestingly enough (to me), several of my Black friends who have posted about Kamala have stated that while they may not be enamored by/with her, they will support her and Biden - and will vote. Good!

These were some of the comments in regards to the announcement.

Kamala Harris’ picture should be breaking the internet and on everyone’s timeline tonight. Keep you comments to yourself. We only need your VOTE.

Okay, time to get his ass out of the White House.

Just stopped by to ask, what are you doing right now to change or fix anything outside of this anonymous, and therefore safe, application? Because the fight has only just begun. No decision would please everyone, but if we throw up our hands right at the outset, we are doomed. So let's make it plain, loud, and clear what we expect, and go about holding them to those expectations. Pessimism is counter productive and counter intuitive. We have hit rock bottom. Let's figure out how to turn it around with what we've been dealt, and make the most of it. For our present and our future. Our lives literally depend on it. Thanks. Carry on.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Walrus wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:47 pm Chickin was the one who brought up "vagina". I was just pointing out that he is right -- they required a black vagina. No males were considered for the VP role. How sad that we choose leaders for the most important job based on their skin and gender.
Hey, this is almost the same argument Laura Ingraham has raised. Interesting bedfellows, Walrus/Lobby and Ingraham.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1293369718451998720
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Walrus wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:36 pm Illy is one of the few that talks to me as if I were at a table with him. That's all I require to get my full attention.

And if Geezer and Jeep left, that's good news for a lot of us. They didn't contribute much other than name calling.
Why do you want to celebrate censorship? I welcome all voices on this board. It's sad that you only want to hear from people who agree with you. Pretty shameful.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

If they couldn't handle different views, that's on them for leaving voluntarily. Leaving voluntarily is not "censorship". Censorship is when you report someone for something false with the dream of getting them banned. ;)
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Walrus wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:05 am If they couldn't handle different views, that's on them for leaving voluntarily. Leaving voluntarily is not "censorship". Censorship is when you report someone for something false with the dream of getting them banned. ;)
But you say it would be "good news" if those two left. Obviously you encourage censorship, just won't use the word.

You bring very little to the table here, but I'd hardly want you "banned." Even if you do search out personal information on a board member and celebrate their bad news.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I understand you want me banned, but lying over and over again doesn't change the facts. :D
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

We saw in the polling in the primaries that blacks don't like Harris, this shouldn't be a surprise. The idea that she had to be the pick because she was black and that was needed to get the black vote to turn out was really fucking stupid and racist.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

It has been known for months that uncle joe would select a woman of color as his vp. If it wasn’t kh it would have been one of the other women of color on the list. Maybe she did not get selected because she is of color. But she had no chance if she wasn’t.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Be careful, MICH. People are going to start calling you a racist and a Stormfront member. ;)