Foreign election interference

Ugh.
Deleted User 89

Re: Foreign election interference

Post by Deleted User 89 »

link?

show something, anything that supports the idea that it is anywhere near being on the same level
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:04 am
NiceDC wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:40 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:23 am Interesting that it says some money also went to democratic cadidates.

There is really no denying it is all truly problematic....my hope is that the same energy is kept by everyone when similar things are being done to help the candidates from the party people do/don't identify with.

Many Republicans seem to just brush this stuff to the side when it comes to Trump, but if/when similar things were being done to assist Obama or Hilary it was an outrage.

The selective "giving a shit" by both sides when it comes to various topics is both interesting and nauseating.
In 2015-16, everything changed. Blavatnik's political contributions soared and made a hard right turn as he pumped $6.35 million into GOP political action committees, with millions of dollars going to top Republican leaders including Sens. Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio and Lindsey Graham.

In 2017, donations continued, with $41,000 going to both Republican and Democrat candidates, along with $1 million to McConnell's Senate Leadership Fund.

Bothsidesism. GOP got $7.5 million, Dems $20k, both sides the same.
Oh definitely not saying it is the same when it comes to this specific guy/group of people. I just thought it was weird/interesting some also went to dems.

But lets not pretend there arent plenty of problematic people pumping money into democrats as well.
Feel free to provide a link to support your Whataboutism. Until then, I'll keep worrying about the international criminals we KNOW are helping the President.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:31 am
In 2015-16, everything changed. Blavatnik's political contributions soared and made a hard right turn as he pumped $6.35 million into GOP political action committees, with millions of dollars going to top Republican leaders including Sens. Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio and Lindsey Graham.

In 2017, donations continued, with $41,000 going to both Republican and Democrat candidates, along with $1 million to McConnell's Senate Leadership Fund.

Oh definitely not saying it is the same when it comes to this specific guy/group of people. I just thought it was weird/interesting some also went to dems.

But lets not pretend there arent plenty of problematic people pumping money into democrats as well.
Feel free to provide a link to support your Whataboutism. Until then, I'll keep worrying about the international criminals we KNOW are helping the President.
GOP political action committees. Mitch McConnell. Marco Rubio. Lindsey Graham.

They were/are "helping" a whole lot more people than just Trump.
Deleted User 310

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/us/p ... arity.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

You seem to suffer from selective "giving a shit".
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

i know you don’t want to hear it, but foundation donations and political donations are completely different. Especially when the Clinton foundation actually did good work.
Deleted User 310

NiceDC wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:11 am i know you don’t want to hear it, but foundation donations and political donations are completely different. Especially when the Clinton foundation actually did good work.
I hear you.

But then wouldn't campaign donations and people buying condos/investing in real estate projects be completely different also?
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 318

Buying condos for political favors is in kind to bribes. That money is going straight into the person's pocket.

Campaign donations have strict rules, and there's a reason there are so many laws and regulations around them.

Large family foundations employee hundreds to thousands of people, release their books (for reputable ones), and that money never touches the founder's pocket (outside of the schemes one like Trump's). That money is used for the greater good in society. Yes, some people think that donations = access, but the quid pro quo isn't guaranteed, and some groups actually just want to donate to a cause.
Deleted User 310

NiceDC wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:23 am Buying condos for political favors is in kind to bribes. That money is going straight into the person's pocket.
I agree if it is expressly done for political favors. And I am certainly not inclined to give Trump the benefit of doubt on much of anything.

(Also, just as a side note: i appreciate the discussion with you)
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:07 am

The Clinton Foundation is not the same as Clinton's official campaign. But nice try.

The Trump Foundation would be getting things similar to that if it hadn't already been shut down by a judge for using the money for personal gain.
Last edited by twocoach on Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:33 am

The Clinton Foundation is not the same as Clinton's official campaign. But nice try.
I love how you just come and repeat stuff that smarter people (niceDC in this instance) already said and pass it off as your own. It happens like clockwork way too often to be a coincidence. 🤣
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:34 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:33 am

I love how you just come and repeat stuff that smarter people (niceDC in this instance) already said and pass it off as your own. It happens like clockwork way too often to be a coincidence. 🤣
You should already be aware that I do not automatically read all of the posts on a thread. I clicked on the notification of your reply and then replied to it. I did not read anyone else's posts prior to that.

You seem really eager to score some sort of zinger this morning. I hope you figure out what that's about and work through it.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:37 am You seem really eager to score some sort of zinger this morning. I hope you figure out what that's about and work through it.
My bad. I truly wasn't intentionally trying to come at you with some sort of zinger. Sorry if it seemed that way.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:54 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:37 am You seem really eager to score some sort of zinger this morning. I hope you figure out what that's about and work through it.
My bad. I truly wasn't intentionally trying to come at you with some sort of zinger. Sorry if it seemed that way.
Right.

"(but i have my doubts you truly know any of these names, although you would never admit it)"

"You seem to suffer from selective "giving a shit"."

"I love how you just come and repeat stuff that smarter people (niceDC in this instance) already said and pass it off as your own. It happens like clockwork way too often to be a coincidence."

Just pick a persona. You gonna go for insult hurler or ass kisser? The flip flopping is nauseating.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

insufferably argumentative
Deleted User 318

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/11/us/p ... dling.html

A Bible Burning, a Russian News Agency and a Story Too Good to Check Out
Deleted User 318

https://www.businessinsider.com/don-jr- ... reddit.com

Donald Trump Jr. and Ted Cruz shared Russian misinformation about Black Lives Matter protesters burning Bibles
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Letting Russia steal another election to own the libs.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NiceDC wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:00 am https://www.businessinsider.com/don-jr- ... reddit.com

Donald Trump Jr. and Ted Cruz shared Russian misinformation about Black Lives Matter protesters burning Bibles
I found this via another story I was reading about the latest Russian misinformation efforts. I'll try to find a link to it.

Edit, here it is.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... g.amp.html

And yeah, Trump and his stoolies will share anything, no matter the origin, because their supporters don't care if it's right or not. I saw someone on Facebook sharing a story, and their outrage over it, from the website americaslastlineofdefense.com, which is a satire site that defines the idiots who share their stories as real news "taters".
Last edited by twocoach on Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 318

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:25 am Letting Russia steal another election to own the libs.
That's not owning the libs. That's coordinating with foreign powers to spread misinformation.

Owning the libs is like bragging you aren't wearing a mask, then dying a month later from COVID.

https://twitter.com/nuekerk/status/1288 ... 52/photo/1
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

People have lost their goddamned minds.