Chicago

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Chicago

Post by ousdahl »

It’s important to remember the only solution to this is, more guns.

Stay safe, grandma!

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:44 am This was what I woke up to today. WE have to DEMAND Mayor Lightfoot either do something about it or resign. Since I know she's not going to quit, I would hope she would start by firing our worthless Police Superintendent and replacing him with someone competent.

City police just clean up the mess after a shooting. I don't see them as a serious deterrent to the crime before it happens. Major cities have major gang problems and most major gangs are multi-state organizations. I would love to see the FBI or some other federal law enforcement agency put in better work to tear down major gangs across the US.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

This what you get after 100 years of democrat.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

twocoach wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:38 am
Grandma wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:44 am This was what I woke up to today. WE have to DEMAND Mayor Lightfoot either do something about it or resign. Since I know she's not going to quit, I would hope she would start by firing our worthless Police Superintendent and replacing him with someone competent.

City police just clean up the mess after a shooting. I don't see them as a serious deterrent to the crime before it happens. Major cities have major gang problems and most major gangs are multi-state organizations. I would love to see the FBI or some other federal law enforcement agency put in better work to tear down major gangs across the US.
I basically agree with your first two sentences but....
I live very close by. There is a police presence that exists that didn't used to exist but as the Officers have told me - their hands are tied. Obviously they can't "profile" and as you alluded to - they can't really do anything until AFTER something has been done.
What gets me is when I walk around and I see 3 cops cars (with 2 cops in each car) within a block of each other, then I walk a block away from them and I see the same thing. Other times I'll walk around and won't see any cops anywhere.
As far as getting the FBI and/or other law enforcement agencies involved, I'm all for it. Whatever it takes.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:29 am This what you get after 100 years of democrat.
William Hale Thompson (May 14, 1869 – March 19, 1944) was an American politician who served as mayor of Chicago from 1915 to 1923 and again from 1927 to 1931. Known as "Big Bill", he is the most recent Republican to have served as mayor of Chicago. Historians rank him among the most unethical mayors in American history, mainly for his open alliance with Al Capone. Chicago is a special case. They have decades of experience not being intimidated.
Deleted User 289

Can't beat fun at the old ballpark!
Armed robbery and possible carjacking.
3 guys in a car being chased by the cops. Car crashes ONE block from where I live.
3 "suspects" all run. ALL 3 supposedly "armed". One runs IN TO MY BUILDING.
Cops actually find and arrest all 3.
I really wish the cops would have shot all 3 of them in their male parts.

I just took this photo - an hour or so after the "incident". Car that crashed is still there as are police vehicles.

Deleted User 289

Separate incident a few blocks away about 45 minutes later.
Was asked by an ABC news woman if I wanted to be interviewed. HECK NO!
Do I really want my ugly mug being on tv and having people feel I am "incriminating" them? No thank you.
Most upsetting thing to me is there is a daycare center in my building. If any of these little innocent kids was harmed in any way - then the "criminal/s" would have to shoot me to keep me from at least trying to beat the living shit out of them.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:29 am This what you get after 100 years of democrat.
Because Mayor Richard "Shoot to Kill" Daley was soft on criminals.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 289

Dude shot at a hotel 4 blocks from me in the middle of a blizzard.
People are so fricking fed up with this crap.
Happens EVERY weekend (sometimes midweek) in the "heart" of the city.
The racist comments are in full force on "social media".
I started to explain to some people that there is a big difference between simply stating the truth (the truth is the suspect is a Black man - and I would estimate 90% of the time the people doing the shooting/s are Black) and being an asshole in the process.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

japhy wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:56 pm
Because Mayor Richard "Shoot to Kill" Daley was soft on criminals.
Cone on man, Mich was clearly winning this contest.
Deleted User 62

Grandma wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:54 pm Dude shot at a hotel 4 blocks from me in the middle of a blizzard.
I started to explain to some people that there is a big difference between simply stating the truth (the truth is the suspect is a Black man - and I would estimate 90% of the time the people doing the shooting/s are Black) and being an asshole in the process.
You really should turn off your police scanner....news channel....social media....and stop texting.

Go out to the desert, where no phone signal exists....relax....explore....recharge.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Can he do all that except with phone signal so he can live blog it for us?
Deleted User 289

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:41 pm
Grandma wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:54 pm Dude shot at a hotel 4 blocks from me in the middle of a blizzard.
You really should turn off your police scanner....news channel....social media....and stop texting.

Go out to the desert, where no phone signal exists....relax....explore....recharge.
Excellent suggestion/s!
Difficult but certainly not impossible to stay off my phone and computer.
As far as my going out to the desert - I hope to go somewhere "relaxing" that is an "escape" once I am vaccinated but due to family members who are not well - I need to have phone access wherever I go.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

My daughter will be driving out to the Empire from Chicago for the Solstice. Maybe you can catch a ride with her. A day in the sand dunes would do you some good.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

When Gutter Met Sally
Deleted User 62

Grandma wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:09 pm

As far as my going out to the desert - I hope to go somewhere "relaxing" that is an "escape" once I am vaccinated but due to family members who are not well - I need to have phone access wherever I go.
See what I mean.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Substitute mountains for desert and Im in
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

For some it's the solitude of the mountains that helps cure all (or most) that ills and for others it's the desert.
For me it's the ocean.
My hope is I see one in the next couple of months.

Back to the shooting last night. 18 year old was shot in the leg and is recovering.
18 year old CHICAGOAN staying in a hotel in the heart of the city. Why?
People went to his room to shoot him. Why?
The shooter/s got away. Why?

Is it wrong for me to now feel it's gotten to the point where hotels in Chicago may need to have the equivalent of TSA security? I get gun laws and people's right/s to have them but if/when so many people are using them to shoot other people in hotels - what should and can be done to prevent it from happening?
Deleted User 62

TDub wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:46 am

I really enjoy them both. Driving up hwy 395 in California...exploring the off shoots...going from meadow, to high desert, to thick woody mountains, to glacier lakes, and back down again over 3-4 days is my idea of heaven.

Also, why Jeeps exist.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:12 am
TDub wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:46 am

I really enjoy them both. Driving up hwy 395 in California...exploring the off shoots...going from meadow, to high desert, to thick woody mountains, to glacier lakes, and back down again over 3-4 days is my idea of heaven.

Also, why Jeeps exist.
Yea that sounds acceptable ha
Just Ledoux it