Chicago

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Chicago

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:45 pm I work with and know many people who have kids in Chicago schools. Their kids want to go to a basketball game to see their friend/s play, these are the assholes surrounding them.
The moral of the story is what? I honestly don't know.

https://twitter.com/crazyclipsonly/stat ... 0496198659
Culture that glorifies shit like that
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you mean like this?

or this?

or this?

do you ever actually think before posting, or is it all emotion all the time?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:41 am you mean like this?

or this?

or this?

A family of responsible gun owners? How many times have they shot at people
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

You shouldve used pics of a bunch of hooodrat kkk criminals or something a long those lines
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The glorification of criminal activity is the problem, not gun ownership.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randy - You said, "Culture that glorifies shit like that".
You don't think the photos that Trad provided are an example of a "culture that glorifies shit like that"?
Then tell me, why would they choose to use photos of them WITH THEIR GUNS as their Christmas cards?

As far as them being responsible gun owners, you know that as a fact because......???????
You asked, "How many times have they shot at people"? My guess is none but we don't know - do we?

Related side note, tell me what are the differences between Tyler Boebert and his friends and the kids in the video that I provided? Besides "cultures".

I agree the glorification of criminal activity is A problem. I think you're either extremely naive or in denial if you don't think gun ownership - by the wrong people - isn't a problem. As I have said way too many times, someone doesn't have a gun - they can't shoot another person.
It's at least a potential problem when someone who wants to shoot another person has a gun. At least to me it is.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:35 pm

or this?

or this?

So the assumption here is that the black kids have shot at people but the white kids haven't, interesting. And what do you base that assumption on?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’d personally call a responsible gun owner one that realizes and appreciates the need for reasonable and rational laws that would protect innocent people from gun violence
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

responsible gun owners don't trot them out and take dumb ass politically motivated photos of them. They don't put them on videos or Instagram. They don't show them to people, or display them.

I have never taken a photo of a gun.....why the hell would I? My guns are all locked up....my kids don't know what guns we have or where they are and would have no idea where to look.....if by some random chance they found them they couldn't get to them....and beyond that...if for some weird paranormal coincidence they found them and accessed them.....they'd still be useless except as a club. Because they wouldn't know where the ammo was or how to access it.....

There's one exception....but they'd have to cut off my hand to get to it without me there.....and I pretty much guarantee they couldn't find that anyway....id wager 99% of you on this bored couldn't find it.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

There's a Christopher Walken joke in there somewhere.
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:43 pm responsible gun owners don't trot them out and take dumb ass politically motivated photos of them. They don't put them on videos or Instagram. They don't show them to people, or display them.

id wager 99% of you on this bored couldn't find it.
1st point, I agree 100%

2nd point, you have no idea how many searches of common areas I have done
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

japhy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:11 pm

or this?

or this?

So the assumption here is that the black kids have shot at people but the white kids haven't, interesting. And what do you base that assumption on?
Thats your assumption. I never mentioned race
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I agree flaunting guns isn't responsible. But owning them and having them at your home is different then taking a whole bunch of guns with you into public
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

When I carry in public its concealed and nobody even knows it there. Hopefully I would never have to use it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:36 pm

Not saying the quiet part out loud doesn't make it any less obvious.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

japhy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:28 pm

One was a family in their own home. The other was a bunch of kids out on the streets. Race had nothing to do with it, except for you
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:30 am Walmart closing a bunch of locations and pulling out of Chicago. Sited the locations not being profitable and losing tens of millions of dollars. Wonder why it wouldn't be profitable in such a populated area..

https://abc7chicago.com/walmart-closed- ... /13136460/
My employer has no problems being profitable in retail here.

Walmart isn't all that well-liked here.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:15 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:43 pm responsible gun owners don't trot them out and take dumb ass politically motivated photos of them. They don't put them on videos or Instagram. They don't show them to people, or display them.

id wager 99% of you on this bored couldn't find it.
1st point, I agree 100%

2nd point, you have no idea how many searches of common areas I have done
true....and you might be the 1%...

though, my money might be on defix.
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:06 pm
japhy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:28 pm

One was a family in their own home. The other was a bunch of kids out on the streets. Race had nothing to do with it, except for you
Sounds different than your first take on this difference...."A family of responsible gun owners? How many times have they shot at people"