Chicago

Ugh.
Deleted User 310

Re: Chicago

Post by Deleted User 310 »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:54 pm Holy smokes, Ceder Rapids 110 mph wind for 45 minutes.
It's a freaking prairie hurricane.
i experienced an inland hurricane in college while in Carbondale. It was insane.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

This is not a thunderstorm, these things are closer to a hurricane. Sustained winds of this level, you may feel tall buildings shake. Roof damage. This could be a large scale mess.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

It was very intense, but short. The initial blast of wind was nuts, then grape-sized hail, but over in five minutes.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Chicago Mayor's Office
15m ·
The city will be deploying more than 100 infrastructure assets citywide that will be strategically positioned by the Chicago Police Department to protect neighborhood commercial corridors and critical businesses, such as grocery stores and pharmacies.
Access to the downtown area will be temporarily restricted beginning this evening from 8 p.m.–6 a.m. The restricted access to the downtown area is NOT a curfew. All residents, essential workers and employees whose businesses are located downtown will have access at all times.
Access points are designated for residents, essential workers and employees whose businesses are located within the designated boundaries, individuals who reside in the surrounding area and residents engaged in essential activities.
Entrance into the perimeter will be manned by officers with the Chicago Police Department. When arriving at the access points, residents and employees should show identification OR proof that they live in the area and/or work in the area.
As part of the restricted access, the following measures will be in place until further notice:
Lake Shore Drive will be closed between Fullerton Avenue on the North and I-55 on the South.
All Bridges will be up by 8 p.m. with the exception of the following:
•LaSalle Street
•Harrison Street
•Ida B. Wells / Congress Bridge (West Bound Open Only)
•Lake Shore Drive
•Columbus Avenue
•Kinzie Street
•Grand Avenue
Access Points for residents and employees of area businesses:
•Harrison Street
•Chicago Avenue and Halsted Street
•Roosevelt Road and Canal Street
•Kinzie Street and Halsted Street
•LaSalle Street
All expressway ramps from Roosevelt Road to Division Street will be closed in both directions.
CTA Rail Service will be impacted at the following locations, with trains not entering the area surrounding downtown: Fullerton Avenue to 47th and east of Halsted Street.
Bus Service will remain open at this time. Some buses will see reroutes due to bridge and street closures.
Divvy service will not be available from North Avenue to Ashland Avenue and Cermak Road between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just wait til they get acquitted
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Maybe they can get a pardon.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

BLM.
Hard to explain to people there is a BIG difference between saying and believing Black Lives Matter and supporting the "movement". The "movement" deserves to be considered a terrorist organization.
Don't think so? Read this.......

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/8/10/ ... od-looting
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I wonder how bad the civil unrest would have become if it was limited to reasons surrounding the pandemic? and wasn't escalated by George Floyd et al
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and looking back, has anyone ever had a week as bad as Derek Chauvin? (not that he didn't deserve it)

"oh you know...got fired from my job, wife filed for divorce, arrested for murder, and incited race roits across the globe...anywho so how you been?"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“If you want nonviolent protests, listen to nonviolent protestors”
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:29 am “If you want nonviolent protests, listen to nonviolent protestors”

Well off the mark here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah, sorry, prob in some other thread. I need to get up to speed on this one.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Those a-holes are going to hand trump the election.
Defense. Rebounds.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:54 am Those a-holes are going to hand trump the election.
They really are. Democrats need to much more forcefully stand up against the abolish-the-police bullshit.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Grandma wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:22 am BLM.
Hard to explain to people there is a BIG difference between saying and believing Black Lives Matter and supporting the "movement". The "movement" deserves to be considered a terrorist organization.
Don't think so? Read this.......

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/8/10/ ... od-looting
This looting had nothing to do with protests or BLM. The shooting in Englewood on Sunday involved a kid who fired a gun at police. He is alive and being treated.

This was a planned, social media event. No doubt you can put the blame at the feet of Lightfoot and/or Fox, but this is also due to archaic police work. There were warnings about this that even my daughter heard about on social media.

Unfortunately this set back the BLM Movement and gave people like Tucker Carlson fuel for his aging white audience.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The “anything goes” crowd has been clamoring for “anything goes.” Now they got it. And they can fix it. Or not. That garbage dumpster called Chicago ain’t my problem. They can burn that phucquer down for all I care.

They asked for it. They got it.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:31 am The “anything goes” crowd has been clamoring for “anything goes.” Now they got it. And they can fix it. Or not. That garbage dumpster called Chicago ain’t my problem. They can burn that phucquer down for all I care.

Yeah, cause things that happen in Illinois couldn't ever possibly effect things in Michigan.

Nice approach to life.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:31 am The “anything goes” crowd has been clamoring for “anything goes.” Now they got it. And they can fix it. Or not. That garbage dumpster called Chicago ain’t my problem. They can burn that phucquer down for all I care.

It's too bad people like Mich feel this way about Chicago. Michigan is a fantastic state with super nice people. Lots and lots of Chicago people have second homes or vacation in Michigan.

But I guess this is what happens when you get cooped up in one place for too long, stop caring about anyone other than yourself and are scared of black people.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:50 pm

It's too bad people like Mich feel this way about Chicago. Michigan is a fantastic state with super nice people. Lots and lots of Chicago people have second homes or vacation in Michigan.

But I guess this is what happens when you get cooped up in one place for too long, stop caring about anyone other than yourself and are scared of black people.
cooped up?

Nah, he golfs and has a boat.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The hip and happening ultra “woke” asked for it. Now you got it. Deal with it.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"