Strikes

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: Strikes

Post by MICHHAWK »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:08 am
The real “radical” is the normalization of billionaires.
If there were no more billionaires then who would buy the elections for the democrat party? Answer me that.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:08 am I think our values are just maligned.

I honestly worry that I’m getting a little “radicalized.” But then I also think, I’m not sure it’s me who is the radical one.

The real “radical” is the normalization of billionaires and homelessness in the same society.

It doesn’t have to be this way.
I don't think the existence of billionaires, in and of themselves, is the problem.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah. It’s the system that’s the problem. Let’s stop celebrating greed.

I think one could find a strong correlation between billionaires and things like, antisocial personality disorder.

If this were preschool, I doubt teachers would let one kid hog all the toys without letting anyone else play with them. Why do it with the economy?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:15 am Oh yea, bears share all their meals. Bull elk share their harems. Totally.
Do you really see no difference between human and beast?

Do those elk have anonymous offshore bank accounts too?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:34 am
If there were no more billionaires then who would buy the elections for the democrat party? Answer me that.
buy the elections?

And all this time I thought the problem was Dems stealing the elections...
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:26 am It's still true.
no, it’s really not

1) my presumption is the the comment was more tongue-in-cheek than anything

2) misplaced logic =\= mental deficiency
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:47 am Yeah. It’s the system that’s the problem. Let’s stop celebrating greed.
Yes, we need to celebrate generosity and re-investment of capital, and paying employees, etc.
ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:47 amI think one could find a strong correlation between billionaires and things like, antisocial personality disorder.
I doubt it.
ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:47 amIf this were preschool, I doubt teachers would let one kid hog all the toys without letting anyone else play with them. Why do it with the economy?
I mean, that's a terrible analogy. Bill Gates got rich because he created a good product that everyone wanted/needed. And who's the teacher in this analogy?

Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:34 am
seriously?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Re: preschool, maybe it’s not the best analogy. I’m not sure who the teacher would be. don’t overthink it.

It was just meant to illustrate that greed is generally shunned in many social situations, except when it comes to the economy.

And what continues to blow my mind, is that the working and middle classes don’t do more to stand up for themselves. “Temporarily embarrassed millionaires...”
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:57 am Re: preschool, maybe it’s not the best analogy. I’m not sure who the teacher would be. don’t overthink it.

It was just meant to illustrate that greed is generally shunned in many social situations, except when it comes to the economy.

And what continues to blow my mind, is that the working and middle classes don’t do more to stand up for themselves. “Temporarily embarrassed millionaires...”
I don't know that accumulation of wealth = Greed.

Deleted User 89

many of the wealthiest Americans actually favor a change in the tax rates/system and them paying more

i don’t think it’s the wealthiest Americans that are the problem, but those that “think” they are in that group, but are actually just upper middle-class to lower upper-class...i.e. the wanna-be uber wealthy

i’m less worried about the folks like bezos, buffet, and gates, personally

but maybe i’m wrong, and they are indeed the villains here
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

You think upper middle class people are a problem?

If you're not ACTUALLY wealthy, how are you contributing to wealth disparity?

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Jeff Bezos stepping down as Amazon CEO to focus on role as next Bond villain.”
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Comrade ousdahl is working it hard today. If he put as much effort into his career as he did his propaganda, he might be one of those successful folks he pretends to hate.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:00 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:57 am Re: preschool, maybe it’s not the best analogy. I’m not sure who the teacher would be. don’t overthink it.

Why wouldn’t it be?

You think the unilateral hoarding of money and material wealth (and corresponding avoidance of taxes, higher wages for employees, etc), if not cuz of greed, is cuz of what then? The kindness of their hearts?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:11 pm Comrade ousdahl is working it hard today. If he put as much effort into his career as he did his propaganda, he might be one of those successful folks he pretends to hate.
So when I start my own bidness, I sincerely hope you’ll be my first employee.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:12 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:00 pm

Why wouldn’t it be?

You think the unilateral hoarding of money and material wealth (and corresponding avoidance of taxes, higher wages for employees, etc), if not cuz of greed, is cuz of what then? The kindness of their hearts?
you could be wealthy and not avoid taxes. Back to Gates, I didn't hear a lot about Microsoft employees being underpaid the way you hear about it with Wal-mart employees.

Buffett got rich by being good at investing, not by hoarding money.

Both of those two have been incredibly generous with their money, yet both are still billionaires.

I think a wealthy person is morally obligated to do good things with their money, I don't think they have a moral obligation to give it all away.

Deleted User 89

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:08 pm You think upper middle class people are a problem?

If you're not ACTUALLY wealthy, how are you contributing to wealth disparity?
maybe?

depends on what constitutes “upper-middle class”, i guess

my point was that it isn’t the uber wealthy, generally, that are the problem. maybe i’m wrong, but it doesn’t seem like it’s the uber wealthy that are coming out in favor of current tax law...seems to be the opposite

but like i said, maybe i’m wrong and buffet et al. are just the vocal minority of the uber wealthy, and that most of “them” are in fact greedy assholes opposed to more equitable changes to the tax code
Deleted User 89

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:08 pm If you're not ACTUALLY wealthy, how are you contributing to wealth disparity?
you know this, but wealthy isn’t black or white

it is, quite literally, all shades of gray
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

We're clearly not on the same page. Not even sure we're referring to the same problem here.