People who need help.....

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

People who need help.....

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Could have posted this on any of numerous other threads but felt it was deserving of its own.
A LOT of people go through things that are very tough for them - and feel hopeless. I've been there.
Main purpose of my posting this unpleasant post is to make sure people know to reach out for help - when they need it. ZERO shame in doing as such.

Soooooo......
Last night I had a distant (not close in terms of our friendship) friend who on Facebook pretty much said he was done and was basically in the process of trying to kill himself. Needless to say it was very upsetting to me. What blew my mind was the bickering among/st his friends that was going back and forth. His ex-wife even got involved.
I sent him a pm telling him I would help him - if he let me. He didn't respond.
Thankfully a few hours later one of his daughter's posted this - "Hey all... he's alive and in a safe place. Thank you for your concern".

Backstory is - He was a very highly regarded/respected musician in Chicago.
He had and still has his demons - alcohol and drugs. He got booted out of the bands he played with.
He taught "music" to others, he's very tech and mechanical savvy so he would do odd jobs that involved his skills, but he has been very "down on his luck".

He has seeked help and has been in and out of "facilities". He knows he is "sick" and most of the time he truly wants to get better. It's been a major struggle for him.

Last night he took a bunch of pills, drank, and then when people begged him to call 911 he kept saying that the hospital/s wouldn't take him. I don't know why.

This morning he's been posting this.....

"I'm not in a safe place... I'm on the street..."
"Is there no one I've ever helped?"
"life just got away from me... People stole all my shit... I disrespected the Lord..."
"Something's wrong but the hospital won't help... They've kicked me out twice... Even though I have Medicare and Medicaid..." "I'm not drunk either..."
"I'm not whining... I'm broke... my bags are heavy... I need some help... this is very demeaning and embarrassing... but I don't know what else to do..."

I could and may reach out to him again but I'm really not in a/the position to help him other than to give him verbal and moral support. I'm not close to/with him in terms of friendship nor location.
Other's need to physically be there for him. Here is a guy who is clearly begging for help and actually want's help and he's being denied. Obviously it's bugging the shit out of me.

Sorry for the unpleasant post but I felt the need to get it out for my sake, HIS sake, and anyone else's sake who reads this and may be suffering themself or knows someone who is.
Again, people in need have to put pride aside and ask for help.
I know plenty of people who say they can't and won't help others who don't want to help themselves.
I fully understand that but sometimes people need a little push and to know that others care about them. That could be the difference between them wanting to help themself - or not.