DNC

Ugh.
Deleted User 289

DNC

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Probably didn't/doesn't need it's own thread but couldn't decide where to post this.

I am throughly confused. I had a friend comment about the DNC last night and another friend responded - "I agree, Joe was mumbling and it was extremely boring. I had to turn it off".

Did Joe speak at all last night? It's very possible he did but I don't believe he would have said much other than welcoming people - and/or an opening "message".

I seriously think this friend is so brain-dead that he may have mistaken Bernie for Joe. Or possibly even mistake Michelle for Joe.

Rumor has it Michelle hit a home run with her speech. Yes? No?
I didn't see/hear it but will check it out soon.
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: DNC

Post by jhawks99 »

I feel like I should have watched, but I didn't. Can't help ya, Gutter.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 289

Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I get up at 5 and read my 5 favorite newspapers. Three from New York, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, and the Houston Chronicle. The consensus is that she did great. I go to bed early and didn’t see it. There was commentary during the night on BBC about it and how “scathing” she was.

Bill Clinton is speaking tonight. I will watch that.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:46 am Probably didn't/doesn't need it's own thread but couldn't decide where to post this.

I am throughly confused. I had a friend comment about the DNC last night and another friend responded - "I agree, Joe was mumbling and it was extremely boring. I had to turn it off".

Did Joe speak at all last night? It's very possible he did but I don't believe he would have said much other than welcoming people - and/or an opening "message".

I seriously think this friend is so brain-dead that he may have mistaken Bernie for Joe. Or possibly even mistake Michelle for Joe.

Rumor has it Michelle hit a home run with her speech. Yes? No?
I didn't see/hear it but will check it out soon.
It started somewhat slow but finished very strong. Michelle Obama was great. Klobuchar was good, Kasich was excellent.ots of connecting pieces that were put together well.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

What is the comparison? The RNC is pulling out all the stops to get the STL couple who waved guns at BLM protesters.

We are comparing a Michelin Restaurant experience to McDonalds.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 289

Watched the Michelle speech. Home Run? No. Triple? Maybe. Double off the Green Monster? Absolutely.
Deleted User 289

sdoyel wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:02 am What is the comparison? The RNC is pulling out all the stops to get the STL couple who waved guns at BLM protesters.

Nice analogy but......
I'm not a "foodie" so McDonalds serves a purpose for me that a Michelin restaurant may not.
That being said, a person would have to hold a loaded gun to my head for me to vote for Trump. Even then I might not do it.
Deleted User 289

Deleted.
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I didn't need or care to watch it. Watching the "highlights" the next day was plenty. The sooner this election is over the better, as far as I am concerned.

That said, Michelle Obama slipping in, "it is what it is", was a nice touch to poke the thin skinned bastard.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:02 am What is the comparison? The RNC is pulling out all the stops to get the STL couple who waved guns at BLM protesters.

One party knows (and does not deny) the way the wind is blowing. It's not surprising that they were able to put together a smooth, high-impact virtual event.

The other...well...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 2365594625
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Grandma wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:11 am Watched the Michelle speech. Home Run? No. Triple? Maybe. Double off the Green Monster? Absolutely.
I liked it. Biden should have begged her to be his VP. Hell, he should have begged her to run for President so he didnt need to.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

I don't think there's any bigger way to expose a serious character flaw than to say you're the kind of person who "says it like it is."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I would be happy with Michelle Obama as the Dem candidate but she clearly has zero interest in the job. Biden will do fine. He has a long history of working with people in Congress and will hire and appoint better people to key positions.
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:57 am
Grandma wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:11 am Watched the Michelle speech. Home Run? No. Triple? Maybe. Double off the Green Monster? Absolutely.
I liked it. Biden should have begged her to be his VP. Hell, he should have begged her to run for President so he didnt need to.
I'm glad he didn't beg someone to be his VP or run for President who didn't/doesn't want to be a VP or President.
Meanwhile, I would have had no problem if the did choose her to be his VP (and she accepted) but I do prefer Kamala Harris over Michelle Obama as his running mate.
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:06 am I don't think there's any bigger way to expose a serious character flaw than to say you're the kind of person who "says it like it is."
Ever notice that those people rarely have a good idea what "it is"? They just don't have the guts to say "I just say whatever I want" because even they know that it sounds childish.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:13 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:57 am
I'm glad he didn't beg someone to be his VP or run for President who didn't/doesn't want to be a VP of President.
Meanwhile, I would have had no problem if the did choose her to be his VP (and she accepted) but I do prefer Kamala Harris over Michelle Obama as his running mate.
Agreed. I dont mind Kamala Harris as VP at all.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Kamala will be worth her weight in gold as a candidate over these next few months. She is absolutely perfect for the annoy-and-attack role. And lord knows she's already living rent free under Trump's greasy fingernails.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4[/media]

Biden should go full John Cage for his speech.

Working title, "it is what it is".
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 289

DELETED quoted post.

She deleted her posts. Spineless? Perhaps. Probably.
If I post something controversial then I want to and try to engage people in dialogue, not discourage them. I want them to understand my thoughts and feelings. Not necessarily agree with them but get a perspective they may not see/realize. Oh well.
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.