DNC

Ugh.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: DNC

Post by jhawks99 »

chiknbut wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:35 pm "I am much more concerned that somehow the best we could come up with was Trump/Clinton and now Trump/Biden."

And yet, for the first time in my life as a voter (since 1980), I feel there is only one acceptable choice. The best interest of the country and its future versus a fucking disaster. It's never been more clear.
Yeah, maga
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

sure glad hillary wasn’t elected...otherwise we’d being dealing with the most corrupt and scandal laden administration in history
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:41 pm sure glad hillary wasn’t elected...otherwise we’d being dealing with the most corrupt and scandal laden administration in history
We would have President Kaine by now.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^^

Makes you wonder how many witnesses would have been called at the impeachment trial.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Biden's speech is good
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Biden killing it up there.

This man gets it.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

That was what a Presidential address is supposed to look like.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

It certainly helped that the Trump campaign spent the last three months talking about how Biden is feeble and losing it.

People tuned in hoping they could slog their way through a speech that saw an old man drool and stutter, forget lines and fumble with the teleprompter.

All he had to do was look OK and come away a winner. Instead he came across Presidential.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

As I said before, I had forgotten how much Biden has done for our country. I was an enthusiastic supporter of Hillary but Biden is more inspiring. I hope we crush Trump and his enablers
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

It was far superior to Hillary's speech in 2016
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Will have to catch up on full dnc this weekend, but reading political twitter, I’m just sad that 43% are going to see Joe’s message, then whatever doomsayer message Trump puts out, and say “I think I want that Trump guy to get (at least) four more years.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Don't inject Lysol.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

seahawk wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:06 am Brayden. Wow!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... biden-dnc/
Courageous young man there. Bravo!
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

No convention bump... I am worried.
Deleted User 318

Mjl wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:08 am https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

We haven't see a quality post-convention pole released yet, and I only worry about quality state polling at this point.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/po ... t-general/

Quality poleing groups haven't released as many poles this cycle, likely due to COVID, and a lot of the air taken out of the room by other less-reputable firms out there.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I think the reason is because there’s likely little movement due to the fact that there aren’t many undecided voters to move the polling. If this is indeed the case it’s very encouraging. All we need to do is get people to actually vote.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

if the same people that voted in 2008 and 2012 would’ve voted in 2016, we wouldn’t have a president trump

it is absolutely imperative that as many people vote as possible, regardless of who is on the tickets. and this goes for primaries as well.
Deleted User 318

Mjl wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:08 am https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

https://mobile.twitter.com/MorningConsu ... 7980919808

No bump for either. Steady polls are good. Shows predictability. The 8-point gap seems right with the generic ballot numbers, and hopefully Trump doesn’t thread the needle like he did in 2016. He’s in a much tougher situation this go around tho, so hopefully people vote and those votes count.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Except the Emerson polls yesterday, which 538 has as slightly Democratic leaning, showing it as a 2 percent lead for Biden now and Trump with a +2 approval rating.
Deleted User 318

Mjl wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:53 am Except the Emerson polls yesterday, which 538 has as slightly Democratic leaning, showing it as a 2 percent lead for Biden now and Trump with a +2 approval rating.
That Emerson poll did look concerning, but digging down, it seems to be an outlier based on other polling, and the way that poll is laid out. Also, that poll has skewed Trump's way for a while, and has always seems to look like an outlier.