Kenosha

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Kenosha

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

For those on here who don't believe systemic racism exists.....

I would like for them to tell me if he was a black man and he shot a white man, would he have been treated the same way?

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/ ... 6845990915
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9MiS9t ... tapottamus

"Anarchy! Anarchy!"
"I don't even know what it means, but I love it!"
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I am at least somewhat glad that, at least for the time being, Rittenhouse does not appear to want to take the easy road and become a MAGA mascot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... interview/
About 24 minutes into the podcast “You Are Here” on the right-wing network the Blaze on Monday night, co-host Sydney Watson told her guest, Kyle Rittenhouse, that it was “kind of impressive” that “of all the people that you shot at, you killed probably two of the worst on the planet.”

She was referring to 36-year-old Joseph Rosenbaum and 26-year-old Anthony Huber, the men whom Rittenhouse shot and killed in Kenosha, Wis., in August 2020. Conservative commentators have highlighted that both Rosenbaum and Huber had criminal backgrounds and served prison sentences. Last month, Rittenhouse was found not guilty on all charges related to the shootings.

“Congratulations,” Watson said Monday to Rittenhouse. “Good job, you.”

Rittenhouse, 18, responded that the killings were “nothing to be congratulated about.”

“Like, if I could go back, I wish I would never have had to take somebody’s life,” he said.

Watson, who later said she doesn’t condone killing people, asked if Rittenhouse regretted going to Kenosha in the first place. Rittenhouse lived just across the Illinois border in Antioch.

“Well, hindsight being 20/20, probably not the best idea to go down there,” Rittenhouse said. “Can’t change that. But I defended myself and that’s what happened.”

[...]

“You don’t like when people call you a hero?” Watson asked. “Does it make you uncomfortable?”

“It does — it really does,” Rittenhouse said, adding: “Because I don’t think I did anything heroic; I just defended myself.”

Despite the offers from members of Congress, Rittenhouse told NewsNation’s Ashleigh Banfield he’s not interested in entering politics “at all.”

Rittenhouse said during the podcast on Monday that he will attend Arizona State University in the spring. Despite Rittenhouse saying on the stand that he was a student there, university officials told AZCentral last week that he is not currently enrolled.

Responding a listener’s question, Rittenhouse also said on the podcast that he plans to destroy the rifle he used in Kenosha.

“You’re not going to, like, sell it?” Watson asked, suggesting to Rittenhouse that he could make a lot of money.

“We’re just having it destroyed,” Rittenhouse reiterated. “I think that’s the best thing, and that’s what I want to do with it.”
None of these words make it any less absurd to me that self-defense is available in this situation, but.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Well, hindsight being 20/20, probably not the best idea to go down there”

If only there was some law in place that told you NOT to go down there, eh?

also, what are the odds Kyle ever actually attends ASU?

also, given the profile of this case and the general culture surrounding guns, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some backlash over destroying the assault rifle.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sounds like he's had some reflection.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:25 pm Sounds like he's had some reflection.
I don't think he's the devil some want to make him out to be but he's a putz and cynical me says.....
Sounds like he's had some decent/good/great/excellent PR people reach out to him so THEY can profit off of him and his tv, radio, book, magazine, and movie "rights" and "proceeds".
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I think he should be in jail... But what he's doing now is the right thing to do, and not the easiest and not in his best interest, so kudos are deserved.

Basically had these options:
1. Act like the hero the right was making him out to be.
2. Disappear, don't take any media appearances. Right wing would prop him up as a hero, and project onto him anything they want.
3. Go on right wing media and tell people he's not a hero and regrets what he did.

1 and 2 could very likely lead to a very dangerous atmosphere, as if it's not enough already. Good for him for choosing 3.

Actually might even be better than if did get convicted - he'd become a martyr.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Mjl wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:07 pm I think he should be in jail... But what he's doing now is the right thing to do, and not the easiest and not in his best interest, so kudos are deserved.
^^^^^^
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Mjl wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:07 pm I think he should be in jail... But what he's doing now is the right thing to do, and not the easiest and not in his best interest, so kudos are deserved.

Basically had these options:
1. Act like the hero the right was making him out to be.
2. Disappear, don't take any media appearances. Right wing would prop him up as a hero, and project onto him anything they want.
3. Go on right wing media and tell people he's not a hero and regrets what he did.

1 and 2 could very likely lead to a very dangerous atmosphere, as if it's not enough already. Good for him for choosing 3.

Actually might even be better than if did get convicted - he'd become a martyr.
3 questions.
1) What is he doing with the money he is being paid to go/be on his whirl wind media tour? For all I know he's giving it all to charity but I have my doubts.
2) Is HIS best interest to continue to get the attention he is getting? I have ZERO idea if it was him who set up the social media account but I recall there being one in his name that stated - “Bruh I’m just tryna be famous” and remember, while in Kenosha, he was happy to talk to the "media" when interviewed.
3) I assume it is ultimately his choice but do you really believe that HE solely chose #3 and no one had a strong influence on him?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

4. Why didn’t he have any reflection til after the trial, and not before it, when he was underage drinking in FREE AS FUCK shirts and flashing white power signs for photo ops?
5. If and when his book come out, will he have reflected enough to say something as aware as…?
A. whoa yea gun laws is pretty nuts in this country
B. Praise the lowered I had mah assault rifle with me
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

JFC ousdahl. 🤣
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:50 pm
Mjl wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:07 pm I think he should be in jail... But what he's doing now is the right thing to do, and not the easiest and not in his best interest
^^^^^^
This.

But no kudos from me.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:08 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:50 pm
Mjl wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:07 pm I think he should be in jail... But what he's doing now is the right thing to do, and not the easiest and not in his best interest
^^^^^^
This.

But no kudos from me.
Kudos is a loaded word. I certainly believe it's never too late to do the right thing. I will be impressed if he's able to maintain this position as demands grow on him to make much easier/more lucrative choices.

I can't say that, at 18, I would necessarily have been principled enough to turn down a chance to make a lot of money without really ever working.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Well said Fish! Isn't it nice that in America you can shoot (and kill) people and profit from it? At least financially. Gee, maybe we should be thankful for Kyguy - and now some people will realize they can play policeman too - and shoot people who try and stop them so they can benefit financially.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

that's a silly thing about it - what qualifications does he have? What has he done to show he's prepared for any big opportunities?

he fuckin shot the place up!

and yet, from so many, he's getting the hero treatment. Like he's exhibited some sorta exceptional character or something. It's difficult for folks to earn such admiration for saving lives, let alone taking them.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

is it at all possible that you are a victim of social medias algorithms Qusdahl?

nobody has the time to search out this stuff so consitently....if youre constantly looking for things to be angry about they will find you.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TDub wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:56 pm is it at all possible that you are a victim of social medias algorithms
Coming from the guy who hasn't owned a computer in 15 years...................
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:12 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:56 pm is it at all possible that you are a victim of social medias algorithms
Coming from the guy who hasn't owned a computer in 15 years...................
what does that have to do with anything? id wager most people use social media on their phone more often than their computers. You're really stretching trying to find insults now.
Just Ledoux it