KCrim Fantasy League

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: KCrim Fantasy League

Post by pdub »

6 of my first 8 picks will have spent at least 2 games ( i'm counting the Adams game @ KC bc his QB was poop - many of them more than half the season ) injured.
If I get into the playoffs with that kind of luck, ya'll should be ashamed.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

It would indeed be impressive it you make the playoffs with that bad luck.
I may miraculously make the playoffs despite having the most points scored against me and trading away many of my best players.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So far the players you have traded me have gotten me big fat 0s.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:41 am 6 of my first 8 picks will have spent at least 2 games ( i'm counting the Adams game @ KC bc his QB was poop - many of them more than half the season ) injured.
If I get into the playoffs with that kind of luck, ya'll should be ashamed.
That is one way to look at it. Another way is you were in 3rd place with three weeks left and basically the only way you going to miss the playoffs is you go 0-3 and lose the tiebreaker. So if you do not make the playoffs?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"So if you do not make the playoffs?"
Unlucky - with 6 of my first 8 picks spending significant time injured.
( including my loss this week - loosing Waller in the 1st half and then loosing the game by 3 )
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:56 am "So if you do not make the playoffs?"
Unlucky - with 6 of my first 8 picks spending significant time injured.
( including my loss this week - loosing Waller in the 1st half and then loosing the game by 3 )
LOL
You lost to the last place team who lost it's first pick again to IR during the game. Who Waller outscored 4.3 to 3.5. That last place team who's #1 WR lost his QB in week one and has way under produced. That last place team who only has 4 of his original 8 draft picks including the two we just talked about. But I agree I would be a little salty if I lost to that guy. :)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Your 1st 8 picks:

CMC ( this one is definitely rough ).
Najee ( great pick - healthy all season ).
Scary Terry ( healthy ).
Pitts ( healthy ).
Lamb ( missed one game? )
Damien Harris ( missed one game )
Higgins ( missed 2 games )
Claypool ( missed 2 games )
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Your first 8 have missed 11 games.
Mine, 24 ( 28 if you count the players I just trade for - expecting both would play the last 2 weeks ).
Not really comparable.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:31 am Your 1st 8 picks:

CMC ( this one is definitely rough ).
Najee ( great pick - healthy all season ).
Scary Terry ( healthy ).
Pitts ( healthy ).
Lamb ( missed one game? )
Damien Harris ( missed one game )
Higgins ( missed 2 games )
Claypool ( missed 2 games )
We have had a conversation about my draft. How I had no cheat sheet basically was at a work event and did my draft on my phone all cause I had no clue I was even playing. There are only 4 listed that actually spent anytime on my team. Pitts, Damien, Higgins and Claypool all were sent packing quickly. The crazy thing is I had about 30 minutes before the draft to think about it. There were two for sure things I wanted. Stafford as my QB figuring the move to the Rams would be so good for him and nobody would want him and Scary Terry. Thought for sure with Fitzmagic as his QB he would be insane.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well, generally, as I've said before, I think FF is more luck than skill.
It's why someone who auto drafts and then just maintains their team, subbing players in and out, can win a league. There's a dude in my long standing league who has won 3 times and just trusts Yahoo!'s projections more than his own...he just hit big those 3 seasons. It's also why someone who is 2nd in PF ( my BUD ) happens to be in 6th place right now with a loosing record.

Pitts was supposed to pan out and he lost Ridley to take pressure off him so he kinda busted.
Claypool suffered from Big Ben's arm and the bad o line.
Higgins was supposed to be a stud but Jamar Chase exploded.

No one knows these things before they draft - they just roll the die and hope. In your case, your guys didn't pan out. In my case, my guys got injured.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

In my other league, the guy in 1st just landed big on his picks with Jonathan Taylor, Kelce, Fournette, Kupp and Deebo - so he hasn't had to do much to keep his team winning.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:03 am So far the players you have traded me have gotten me big fat 0s.
my trade with gutter has netted me 2.4 pts.

he got 32 pts out of it.

that gutter has sneaky fire sales haha
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He does!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

If I could have traded the Owner/GM, I would have.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:33 pm If I could have traded the Owner/GM, I would have.
Gutter is so much fun. Week one Gutter is on top of the world. Loses week two and by week four his team is JUNK. Threatens fire sale, has fire sale trades everybody. Now his team is on fire.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

My turds have lost 5 in a row. And another big injury with the loss of Dalvin Cook.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

hartjack8 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:04 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:33 pm If I could have traded the Owner/GM, I would have.
Gutter is so much fun. Week one Gutter is on top of the world. Loses week two and by week four his team is JUNK. Threatens fire sale, has fire sale trades everybody. Now his team is on fire.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think I can make the playoffs in both my leagues.
The guys doyel has are many of the same guys I need to do well in my other league.

So if Mattison, Hopkins and the Rams go off and Kamara poops the bed, i'll lock a spot in one but not the other.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:43 am

Good to see that, while it has gotten whiter, your hairline is holding up Gutter.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:43 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:43 am

Good to see that, while it has gotten whiter, your hairline is holding up Gutter.