Chefs

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Chefs

Post by pdub »

Also there are two instances...I read this one that hes charged with he was alone so he can say it's someone else's but no one was with him.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

An uzi? Holy smokes.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Someone who knows guns better than I will say that an uzi doesnt necessarily mean a more dangerous gun than another semi automatic.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I thought uzis were fully auto.
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:05 am I thought uzis were fully auto.
Most are semi
As full auto, the rate of fire makes them a 4-5 second weapon. Hard to control and accurate to about 30'
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Trey Smith is going to be the steal of this draft. Reports from camp are that he is a stud who looks to be on track to win the starting RG job.

Bolton and Humphrey are also looking great in camp. The Chiefs nailed this draft from what it looks like today. I hope it continues to play out that way.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

This draft was the best work I have ever seen by a front office. My guess is that they all contribute in a meaningful way. It is the difference between understanding potential and hype.
shindig

Post by shindig »

twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:15 am Trey Smith is going to be the steal of this draft. Reports from camp are that he is a stud who looks to be on track to win the starting RG job.

Bolton and Humphrey are also looking great in camp. The Chiefs nailed this draft from what it looks like today. I hope it continues to play out that way.
Trey is one big dude. He'll be a blocking machine.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Watching Hardman catch those 50+ yard bombs at camp last week was encouraging. Chiefs look like a machine on offense right now.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

LDT out for 4-6 weeks so looks like we'll have our 6th round rook starting at RG.
And then Creed Humphrey at center - and last years rook Niang at RT.

Good thing Chiefs drafted and signed O-Line depth.
Already our players are dropping like flies.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Trey Smith was likely going to start at RG regardless of the LDT injury. The Chiefs drafting him was heralded as one of the best picks of the draft. Creed Humphrey was also drafted to start at center right away. The right tackle spot was up in the air but KC obviously really liked Lucas Niang when they picked him last year. Mike Remmers back injury accelerated him into that spot.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

LDT was a stretch to make it before he broke his hand. He won't be on the 53.

Smith was going to start regardless. Allegretti and Witzmann might have been the next 2 guys, and don't forget Kyle Long is on the roster as well.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

What a great draft. Head-shaking how good the pieces fell together.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

OK, celebrating a great draft class before they play a single snap is reserved for Vikings fans only.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:39 pm OK, celebrating a great draft class before they play a single snap is reserved for Vikings fans only.
Ha! True. But these were low number picks. I think KC has mastered the art of zeroing in on overlooked talent. No pressure drafts have allowed them some deep looks at the pool.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Veach’s success in the later rounds has made up for lack in early round selections.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Preseason starts Saturday. Will be interesting to see the new line at work.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

For those that got to see it, Elijah McGuire made a tremendous catch that saved the game against SF last weekend and ended up injuring himself (ball was waaaay too high and he jumped, tipped it and caught it on the run)--he was placed in protected injured status as part of the first cuts. And also saw that Mathieu is unhappy with contract extension numbers and seems to want $70M over four years. Not sure the Chiefs could even afford it, plus he is the back-end of his career. Love the guy, but I hope he is reasonable.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I like the Honey Badger as well, but $70m over 4 years is a lot. He's good, but not great, IMO. Not sure we need to pay a 5'9" safety $70m. Ideally need a taller, younger, hungry guy with speed.