Chefs

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Chefs

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

shindig wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:05 pm I like the Honey Badger as well, but $70m over 4 years is a lot. He's good, but not great, IMO. Not sure we need to pay a 5'9" safety $70m. Ideally need a taller, younger, hungry guy with speed.
Pay him every penny.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
shindig

Post by shindig »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:11 pm
shindig wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:05 pm I like the Honey Badger as well, but $70m over 4 years is a lot. He's good, but not great, IMO. Not sure we need to pay a 5'9" safety $70m. Ideally need a taller, younger, hungry guy with speed.
Pay him every penny.
lol...disagree. He's not that great.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He's also the leader of a defense that has been to an AFC Championship game and back-to-back Super Bowls.

PAY. HIM.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

shindig

Post by shindig »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:24 pm He's also the leader of a defense that has been to an AFC Championship game and back-to-back Super Bowls.

PAY. HIM.
I'm just being the devil's advocate....I don't care. Yes, pay him. As long as he doesn't turn into E. Berry, the fearless leader of the defense several years ago after he got his big payday :)
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

shindig wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:39 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:24 pm He's also the leader of a defense that has been to an AFC Championship game and back-to-back Super Bowls.

PAY. HIM.
I'm just being the devil's advocate....I don't care. Yes, pay him. As long as he doesn't turn into E. Berry, the fearless leader of the defense several years ago after he got his big payday :)
Honey Badger is wired different.

Pay him. He is the vocal leader of a defense that was pretty bad when he got here.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Do I want him on the team. Absolutely. He has the 'it' that very few players have that can't be measured by height, weight, age or athletic ability. Now from a business stand point I wouldn't pay him Jamal Adams money. Not for a 32 yr old who has had multiple leg injuries and is more than likely headed towards the twilight of his career. Not to mention guys like Tyreek and Kelce have extensions coming up, the Jones and Mahomes money will start to kick in and you have to make a decision on Orlando Brown. The best bet for the Chiefs is to let the season play out and hope the salary caps goes up so they can pay Mathieu, Brown and whoever they want to extend. Some of that money will be recouped when they move on from Hitchens and Clark.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The trade for Clark was so dumb.
Could have LJ Collier, who isn't that much worse, for 14 mill fewer a season.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:34 pm Do I want him on the team. Absolutely. He has the 'it' that very few players have that can't be measured by height, weight, age or athletic ability. Now from a business stand point I wouldn't pay him Jamal Adams money. Not for a 32 yr old who has had multiple leg injuries and is more than likely headed towards the twilight of his career. Not to mention guys like Tyreek and Kelce have extensions coming up, the Jones and Mahomes money will start to kick in and you have to make a decision on Orlando Brown. The best bet for the Chiefs is to let the season play out and hope the salary caps goes up so they can pay Mathieu, Brown and whoever they want to extend. Some of that money will be recouped when they move on from Hitchens and Clark.
Huh? Mathieu is 29 and Kelce is under contract through 2025.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:31 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:34 pm Do I want him on the team. Absolutely. He has the 'it' that very few players have that can't be measured by height, weight, age or athletic ability. Now from a business stand point I wouldn't pay him Jamal Adams money. Not for a 32 yr old who has had multiple leg injuries and is more than likely headed towards the twilight of his career. Not to mention guys like Tyreek and Kelce have extensions coming up, the Jones and Mahomes money will start to kick in and you have to make a decision on Orlando Brown. The best bet for the Chiefs is to let the season play out and hope the salary caps goes up so they can pay Mathieu, Brown and whoever they want to extend. Some of that money will be recouped when they move on from Hitchens and Clark.
Huh? Mathieu is 29 and Kelce is under contract through 2025.
Yeah took me to realize all the wrong parts of the post.

The core is tied down for a while. You have to pay Mathieu and Hill. That's really it for the next 4 years or so.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't think I am going tonight, preseason and all. Is that dumb? Mahomes playing?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Why would you go to a preseason game?

Why would you go to ANY football stadium at the moment.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

in-laws are steelers fans and asked if we’d be interested in going to their game vs the Chiefs in december

no thank you...particularly in december
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:02 am Why would you go to a preseason game?

Vikes fan. They play at GEHA Stadium here in KC about 1-2x a decade.

And a good point about covid--thought tonight might be easy to spread out, though.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Reid says starters may play a half. Mahomes will probably play 2 series and call it good.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:31 am Reid says starters may play a half. Mahomes will probably play 2 series and call it good.
2 picks by Breeland.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:14 am

And a good point about covid--thought tonight might be easy to spread out, though.
Gotcha.

Ive been to 1 preseason game. I decided then that I would never go to another one....even in a non covid world
Just Ledoux it
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:35 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:31 am Reid says starters may play a half. Mahomes will probably play 2 series and call it good.
2 picks by Breeland.
Chiefs and Vikes swapped corners. Bet the Chiefs got the better cornerback of the two. :)

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:39 am

Gotcha.

Ive been to 1 preseason game. I decided then that I would never go to another one....even in a non covid world
I've also only been to one--it was a free in a suite, so that was the motivation. Games aren't good. Anymore, I think preseason games are for kids.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:40 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:35 am
2 picks by Breeland.
Chiefs and Vikes swapped corners. Bet the Chiefs got the better cornerback of the two. :)
Buddy said last night that Hughes was going to get cut? I would think he'd be worth keeping just for punt returns.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:42 am
TDub wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:39 am

Gotcha.

I've also only been to one--it was a free in a suite, so that was the motivation. Games aren't good. Anymore, I think preseason games are for kids.
I might go for a free suite. But i dont know....it was such a horribly boring game with nothing to play for at all.

Oddly enough it was a game vs the vikings.
Just Ledoux it