Chefs

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: Chefs

Post by holidaysmore »

TIL: Coaches aren't part of the union so they are free game not only by the victim but the NFL as well. Rumors flying around that he was drinking at the facility and whether anyone else knew about it. I would assume the family wants to settle and get this pushed under the rug as soon as possible. If not, if I am that family I am coming for a BIG time pay out.

*At least in a statement I read the Chiefs have reached out to the family and have offered their support. Not sure exactly what that means.*

Simply put this is going to be a long, long offseason.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:48 am
Cascadia wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:46 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:43 am the younger Reid placed on administrative leave pending the results of investigation

i think he’s let go when all is said and done

i also think the organization should pay fur the girl’s medical bills
Whether they directly pay for the medical bills or not, there will be a settlement. It's also likely Reid spends some time in jail. Rightfully so.
agree on the jail time

i just think the organization would do well to get out in front of this and not wait for a settlement (aka being forced to pay)...they should do it as a gesture of good will
I did not mean to imply that the Chiefs would wait until forced to pay. I think a settlement can be (and should be) reached without legal force. That said, any settlement would have to absolve the Chiefs of future lawsuits.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dumb ( I understand it is currently legally viable ) that the Chiefs would be blame for this, even if he was drinking at the facility - but yes, the right thing to do here is pay for her medical bills.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:57 am Dumb ( I understand it is currently legally viable ) that the Chiefs would be blame for this, even if he was drinking at the facility - but yes, the right thing to do here is pay for her medical bills.
Why is it dumb?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:53 am

Whether they directly pay for the medical bills or not, there will be a settlement. It's also likely Reid spends some time in jail. Rightfully so.
agree on the jail time

i just think the organization would do well to get out in front of this and not wait for a settlement (aka being forced to pay)...they should do it as a gesture of good will
I did not mean to imply that the Chiefs would wait until forced to pay. I think a settlement can be (and should be) reached without legal force. That said, any settlement would have to absolve the Chiefs of future lawsuits.
Yes. But you can't even know what a settlement looks like right now. And I'm sure there are all sorts of twists and turns about whether/how/to what extent insurance will cover, etc.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:51 am

agree on the jail time

I'll be the "let's let the facts come out first" guy, but yes it certainly seems like there is going to be significant criminal and civil exposure. The extent of the civil exposure, sadly, is very much tied to the girl's outcome.
and i agree with the wait and see sentiment...the story has finally hit the national news though, which makes me think the organization would do well, as far as public perception, to get in front of it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Been on both sides of these kind of cases tons of times . . . not a doubt in my mind the lawyers are already talking and the organization is in front of it legally. From a PR standpoint, no idea. A settlement, though, would not indicate waiting to be forced to pay. As fish suggested, you have to know what the damages are. Especially if you're the family.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Chiefs, NFL are the deep pocketed targets of any litigation. Insurance company probably will call the shots.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Probably self-insured.
Deleted User 89

shindig

Post by shindig »

Feel bad for Andy, he hires his son, probably thinking it will keep him clean and give him a shot in the NFL coaching, but then he does something inconceivable like this a couple days before the SB. I mean you have to be pretty plastered to run into a car that is pulled over on the shoulder.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Been a part of the KC staff since Reid arrived. Been a position coach for almost 6 years.

Chiefs have to replace him and also their RB coach left to be an AHC at Indiana.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:52 am gone, apparently

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/11/us/britt ... index.html
I'm annoyed in advance about where this goes, which is canned PR-speak: "We do not comment on personal matters of individuals outside the organization."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:19 am Probably self-insured.
Was thinking more in terms of extended liability. Chiefs Enabled a drinker. Allowed him to drive. NFL knew the danger. Etc. Big insurer settles.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

shindig

Post by shindig »

Cute little girl. Feel bad for her family, hopefully she pulls through and doesn't have any permanent brain damage. I chipped in $20. That gofundme is over $.5M.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

You are a good man, Shindig. My son is a personal injury attorney, so I kept my money. I will give her cash as part of higher premiums because she is going to wallop a civil suit.
Deleted User 89

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Not as bad as it seems. But not great. Likely charged all in the car. There was him and other guards in there.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

From the very beginning, I hated the Clark trade, giving up the first rounder and signing him to the monster contract.

Here we are.