ousdahl

Re: RIP RBG

Post by ousdahl »

The election is in 8 days.

16 million have already voted.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:12 pm The election is in 8 days.

16 million have already voted.
It is what it is. Dems would have done the exact same thing. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I wouldn’t want Dems doing it either.

This shouldn’t be a game.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Voters had the opportunity in the 2016 election to have a say in who gets to fill any Supreme Court seats that came open between January 2017 and January 2021. Sorry, but I actually agree with the 'Pubs on this one.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:52 am Voters had the opportunity in the 2016 election to have a say in who gets to fill any Supreme Court seats that came open between January 2017 and January 2021. Sorry, but I actually agree with the 'Pubs on this one.
I don't agree with it, i didn't agree with it in 2015, but i get it. Just like in 2015 when the republicans were hypocrites by trying to come up with an excuse for a reason not to vote on garland, the dems come off as hypocrites by pretending if the tables were turned they wouldn't be doing the exact thing republicans just did. Most of us feel like they would and i wouldn't blame them.

It sucks becuase the supreme court shouldn't be used like this and it shouldn't be a legislative arm that is so politically influenced....yet here we are. And now AOC and her squad want to make it even more politically influenced... i just don't agree with any of it. We are ruining our country right before our eyes. We are a relatively young country and shit could truly go in a bad direction (civil war type direction) in our lifetime or our kids lifetime if we don't repair some of the divisions within our country.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:52 am Voters had the opportunity in the 2016 election to have a say in who gets to fill any Supreme Court seats that came open between January 2017 and January 2021. Sorry, but I actually agree with the 'Pubs on this one.
But what about what the voters’ choice for openings between Jan 2013 and Jan 2017? Sorry, the Pubs are pubes. They just do what suits them, and alter the rules accordingly.
dolomite2

Post by dolomite2 »

Elections have consequences
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

dolomite2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:33 am Elections have consequences
Goddamned right. Have to kick the GOP to the curb forever.
Deleted User 310

zsn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:07 am
But what about what the voters’ choice for openings between Jan 2013 and Jan 2017? Sorry, the Pubs are pubes. They just do what suits them, and alter the rules accordingly.
Coming from the party with AOC vocally advocating to expand the courts now, that gives me a chuckle.

Both parties do whatever suits them. Nothing more. Nothing less.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:48 am
Coming from the party with AOC vocally advocating to expand the courts now, that gives me a chuckle.

There you go again with your bothsiderism. When was the last time the Dems stole one Supreme Court seat, let alone two?

No. Only one side wants to deny people healthcare and ability to make healthcare decisions for themselves and the ability to not turn their neighborhoods into toxic waste dumps.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

zsn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:55 am

There you go again with your bothsiderism. When was the last time the Dems stole one Supreme Court seat, let alone two?

No. Only one side wants to deny people healthcare and ability to make healthcare decisions for themselves and the ability to not turn their neighborhoods into toxic waste dumps.
Well, to be fair, it's not their neighborhood they want to turn into a toxic waste zone. It's yours.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 310

zsn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:55 am

Nobody "stole" anything.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

It’s called the perks of winning.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It will be called Karma soon MFers.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Illy- no matter how you spin it Mitch and his cabal stole the Merrick Garland nomination. In the end it would still have ended up being 5-4 Cons but there would have been a time when it would have been 5-4 the other way. I would have had no issues with ACB being rushed (her blatant incompetence notwithstanding) if there had been a Justice Garland.

To deny this fact is being ignorant, at best; hyper partisan at worst.
Deleted User 310

zsn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:44 pm Illy- no matter how you spin it Mitch and his cabal stole the Merrick Garland nomination. In the end it would still have ended up being 5-4 Cons but there would have been a time when it would have been 5-4 the other way. I would have had no issues with ACB being rushed (her blatant incompetence notwithstanding) if there had been a Justice Garland.

To deny this fact is being ignorant, at best; hyper partisan at worst.
They didn't steal anything.

They could have just voted no on him and everything would still be the same.

Garland wasn't getting confirmed no matter what the method was for denying Obama that pick by the republicans. Dems didn't have enough votes in the senate to get him confirmed.

I don't agree with it, but that is the reality.

If trump/Republicans didn't have the senate the last 4 years then i don't think any of trumps picks would have been confirmed.

The game is broken.
Deleted User 310

Is John Roberts actually conservative or is it just because he was chosen by a conservative?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Oh that we agree on. And if Biden did something to offset that travesty then I would have zero problem with it. I am speaking only about this particular situation.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:33 am Elections have consequences
Yes they do and yes they will.
Deleted User 310

It is sad that nowadays it is a travesty when a president from the party you don't affiliate with picks a supreme court justice. The days of picks being confirmed with a large disparity in yes and no votes are long gone it appears.