Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: RIP RBG

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:09 pm
dolomite2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:33 am Elections have consequences
Yes they do and yes they will.
I don’t know if I’m in favor of expanding the Court, because I do perceive there being a great risk of starting down a path that ends with the Court being entirely delegitimized.

I do know that expanding the Court would be no more out of bounds than what was done with Garland and Barrett.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Meh. When you introduce a new ideological RW justice with no experience at a political rally, legitimacy is already zero.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Better hope trump doesn't win republicans don't retain the senate....otherwise they may add a few more seats since AOC and the dems have said they want to do it.

I have a sneaky feeling you guys wouldn't be in favor of adding more seats if that is how it goes down.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:45 pm Better hope trump doesn't win republicans don't retain the senate....otherwise they may add a few more seats since AOC and the dems have said they want to do it.

I have a sneaky feeling you guys wouldn't be in favor of adding more seats if that is how it goes down.
If that happens, it no longer matters. We would no longer be a free republic at that point and you'll just be negotiating with oligarchs to see what they'll let you keep.
Deleted User 310

Sparko wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:06 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:45 pm Better hope trump doesn't win republicans don't retain the senate....otherwise they may add a few more seats since AOC and the dems have said they want to do it.

If that happens, it no longer matters. We would no longer be a free republic at that point and you'll just be negotiating with oligarchs to see what they'll let you keep.
LOL

My lord. You are broken aren't you?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 pm

LOL

Nothing is off the table. If Trump wins again, I think it’s better than 50/50 odds that the president on 1/31/2025 is a Trump (or Kushner).
Deleted User 310

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:04 pm

LOL

Nothing is off the table. If Trump wins again, I think it’s better than 50/50 odds that the president on 1/31/2025 is a Trump (or Kushner).
I guarantee it won't be Donald Trump though.

If Jr or the Kush get elected it won't be some grand conspiracy. It'll be because the republicans won again.

Talk about trying to create doubt in the election process. You criticize trump for doing it, and now some of you seem to be doing something similar.

If your candidate doesn't win then it must be an illegitimate election?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:43 am
LOL

If Jr or the Kush get elected it won't be some grand conspiracy. It'll be because the republicans won again.

Talk about trying to create doubt in the election process. You criticize trump for doing it, and now some of you seem to be doing something similar.

Huh? I just read that as meaning that if Trump's Cult can overlook this much failure and still reelect him then the family is going to line up behind him to keep the con running as long as possible. What does that have to do with anything being an illegitimate election?
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:06 am

Huh? I just read that as meaning that if Trump's Cult can overlook this much failure and still reelect him then the family is going to line up behind him to keep the con running as long as possible. What does that have to do with anything being an illegitimate election?
I guess i am interpreting his comment differently.

Sure, maybe his family will do that. Or maybe not....and tbh, if i had to rank them from most capable to least capable, i would rank trump last out of that bunch. So there is that. Nobody can be much worse than trump imo.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:38 am

Sure, maybe his family will do that. Or maybe not....and tbh, if i had to rank them from most capable to least capable, i would rank trump last out of that bunch. So there is that. Nobody can be much worse than trump imo.
I'd rank Trump Jr. worse. He has accomplished nothing of note in his time on earth.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:53 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:38 am

I'd rank Trump Jr. worse. He has accomplished nothing of note in his time on earth.
In all fairness, neither has trump when it comes to things that make you qualified to be president. And Jr doesn't seem to be nearly as sleazy as trump, but that isn't saying much.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

LOL

How screwed up do things have to get for you to see how badly things are going? And how much worse they would get? He can’t even hold rallies without killing people. Epically evil guy on a second term with an enemies list empowered by an ideological and incompetent Supreme Court. Beyond a nightmare scenario.
Deleted User 310

Deep breaths. Everything is going to be okay.

Trump has been a shitty president, but this is hardly the doomsday scenario you are making it out to be.

The supreme court isn't going to empower him. There is already evidence of them voting against his wishes irrc. None of those justices are beholden to trump.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Except for maybe the one that attended his campaign rally.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:59 am Deep breaths. Everything is going to be okay.

Trump has been a shitty president, but this is hardly the doomsday scenario you are making it out to be.

The supreme court isn't going to empower him. There is already evidence of them voting against his wishes irrc. None of those justices are beholden to trump.
(The Supreme Court is in fact empowering him as we speak. Go read Kavanaugh's concurring opinion in the Wisconsin election case, handed down this week.)

And you miss the point in talking about whether justices are "beholden to Trump."

It's not that there was some backroom meeting where, for instance, Barrett agreed to kill the Affordable Care Act as a condition to her appointment.

There was, similarly, not a backroom meeting where Kavanaugh agreed to suppress voting rights or Gorsuch agreed to further corporate interests.

No such meetings or agreements were necessary, because their ideologies are right out there in the open.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

LOL

Guarantee seems a bit much. Trump has said, out loud and on many occasions, that he feels entitled to a third term.

He doesn't joke. He conditions.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Then you better get out and rock The vote. The man can’t get a third term if he doesn’t have a second.

Problem being, likely jb voters are so pro lockitdown they might be too scared to leave their parents basement to go outside to vote.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:51 am Then you better get out and rock The vote. The man can’t get a third term if he doesn’t have a second.

Problem being, likely jb voters are so pro lockitdown they might be too scared to leave their parents basement to go outside to vote.
Trump will be happy to see that his inaccurate messaging is working on you.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

It’s a classic chain of causation. The major population centers tend to vote Democrat. Democrats wants to lock it down. Democrats tend to favor the freebies and something for nothing. The something for nothing crowd tend to lack the energy to leave the house. Hard to cast that vote if won’t leave the house.

It’s a classic chain of causation.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

The riots in PA are only going to help Trump win the state again. That's what these thugs don't realize -- they are fueling votes for Trump every time they resort to violence.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."