RIP RBG

Ugh.
Mjl

Re: RIP RBG

Post by Mjl »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:54 pm Obama asking/demanding RBG to retire would have been political suicide
What's amazing/disturbing is that this is true, yet what zsn said about Thomas retiring Nov 5 would not be political suicide for Republicans. The parties are held to different standards. As someone who disagrees with a lot of liberal policies, I find this depressing.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Mjl wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:01 pm
Cascadia wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:54 pm Obama asking/demanding RBG to retire would have been political suicide
What's amazing/disturbing is that this is true, yet what zsn said about Thomas retiring Nov 5 would not be political suicide for Republicans. The parties are held to different standards. As someone who disagrees with a lot of liberal policies, I find this depressing.
I'm just not surprised. Most Republicans have no moral compass. They claim otherwise ('cause Jesus!) but it's all a facade. Conservative Christians (aka Republicans) are some of the worst people in the world.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:07 pm
I'm just not surprised. Most Republicans have no moral compass. They claim otherwise ('cause Jesus!) but it's all a facade. Conservative Christians (aka Republicans) are some of the worst people in the world.
If you think republicans are the worst people in the world then you don't know much about the world. Ever been to any other countries?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Illy what other countries have you been to?

Besides Kentucky, and Chicago...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Hey Illy, when you empower evil, you are evil.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:27 pm
Cascadia wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:07 pm

If you think republicans are the worst people in the world then you don't know much about the world. Ever been to any other countries?
Yes, I have.