Ugh.
dolomite2

It's a new game

Post by dolomite2 »

jhawks99
Contributor

Re: It's a new game

Post by jhawks99 »

Cool. Maybe they can come up with a game that teaches cops not to murder women sleeping in their beds.
Defense. Rebounds.
dolomite2

Post by dolomite2 »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:03 pm Cool. Maybe they can come up with a game that teaches cops not to murder women sleeping in their beds.
Let’s try and keep on topic.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That is on topic.

And for real, good post, this is interesting. What sort of real life scenarios are there? I’m curious about the world of possibilities and the world of trouble.

Hot 103 Jamz used to have these PSAs on how to act if a cop stops you. Is it stuff like that?

As for keeping it on topic: are some of the game scenarios an automatic death card where they bust in while you’re sleeping in your bed? or eating ice cream on your couch, or playing with a toy in a park?

Which is to say, does the game do anything to address police brutality too, or is it just some sorta obedience training?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

dolomite2 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:55 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:03 pm Cool. Maybe they can come up with a game that teaches cops not to murder women sleeping in their beds.
Ok, feel free to post more of your racist crap.
Defense. Rebounds.
dolomite2

Post by dolomite2 »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:57 pm
There are examples (not racist) of what you get by not complying with police.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite2 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:06 pm
And sometimes what you get whether you comply or not.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:01 pm

Yes. But those are very very rare.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Let’s try and keep

I have no doubt that you have quick access to a lot of videos of unarmed black men getting killed by cops.
Defense. Rebounds.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

When you call people "racists" who aren't, you diminish the real racists in our society.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Walrus wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:17 pm
Let’s try and keep
When you call people "racists" who aren't, you diminish the real racists in our society.
I agree. Dolo is a racist.
Defense. Rebounds.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

One thing I know: I don’t diminish the word dumbfuck with you
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:07 pm
You have no idea how rare those are. Every time someone gets an unearned "resisting arrest" charge tacked on to their offenses. Every time a citizen responds naturally to a surprising level of physical contact initiated by a police officer and finds themselves facing charges. I would imagine some level of it happens every single day.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:40 pm

You have no idea how rare those are. Every time someone gets an unearned "resisting arrest" charge tacked on to their offenses. Every time a citizen responds naturally to a surprising level of physical contact initiated by a police officer and finds themselves facing charges. I would imagine some level of it happens every single day.
They are VERY VERY rare.

Most, as in 99%+ish of interactions with the police, don't result in resisting arrest or anything violent from either side.

Do you know how many interactions police have with citizens everyday? Probably hundreds of thousands.

My lord.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:04 pm
They are VERY VERY rare.

Most, as in 99%+ish of interactions with the police, don't result in resisting arrest or anything violent from either side.

Do you know how many interactions police have with citizens everyday? Probably hundreds of thousands.

My lord.
That's an absolutely unprovable number. All you are doing is diluting an unreasonable amount of poor police behavior by throwing in every possible "interaction" between a person and a civilian to drive the "statistic" in a direction. Gross shit like that is why no one fixes the problems.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:12 pm
They are VERY VERY rare.

My lord.
That's an absolutely unprovable number. All you are doing is diluting an unreasonable amount of poor police behavior by throwing in every possible "interaction" between a person and a civilian to drive the "statistic" in a direction. Gross shit like that is why no one fixes the problems.
You're such a self righteous pompous dickbag.

The real problem isn't that there is rampant police brutality, the real problem is that when the rare instances occur it is even more rare that the police are held accountable. That is the real fucking problem.

Forgive me for laughing a little bit, but you strike me as someone who knows hardly any people of color, and even more as someone who has next to ZERO close friends or family members who are people of color.

And yes, ANY amount of poor police behavior is UNACCEPTABLE. Everyone agrees on that. It is a career choice where fuck ups aren't allowed.

And fwiw, every interaction SHOULD be included because as we have seen people have been unjustly killed in all of those sorts of scenarios. Traffic stops. Selling cigarettes. Playing with a toy gun in a park. Etc.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:24 pm
They are VERY VERY rare.

My lord.

The real problem isn't that there is rampant police brutality, the real problem is that when the rare instances occur it is even more rare that the police are held accountable. That is the real fucking problem.

Forgive me for laughing a little bit, but you strike me as someone who knows hardly any people of color, and even more as someone who has next to ZERO close friends or family members who are people of color.

And yes, ANY amount of poor police behavior is UNACCEPTABLE. Everyone agrees on that. It is a career choice where fuck ups aren't allowed.

And fwiw, every interaction SHOULD be included because as we have seen people have been unjustly killed in all of those sorts of scenarios. Traffic stops. Selling cigarettes. Playing with a toy gun in a park. Etc.
So we agree on my original statement that sometimes people get treated poorly by the police even when they comply.

See, we could have gotten here a long time ago but you chose your typical butwhataboutism route instead.

Every. Time.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:39 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:24 pm

So we agree on my original statement that sometimes people get treated poorly by the police even when they comply.

See, we could have gotten here a long time ago but you chose your typical butwhataboutism route instead.

Every. Time.
My LITERAL response to you was "YES, but those are very rare".

That isn't Whataboutism.

This was because you didn't like my use of the word rare. And you need to argue with nearly everything i say. And your reading comprehension isn't great because you get too excited to start an argument....even when someone agrees with you.

Every. Time.

🙄