Hearing

Ugh.
Leawood

Hearing

Post by Leawood »

Durbin and Klobuchar are establishing that the nominee believes some felons deserve to bear arms but do not have to vote.
sdoyel

Re: Hearing

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:51 pm Also relevant:

https://twitter.com/jonathanalter/statu ... 05568?s=21
Of course she should. If she had any principle(s) beyond some combination of (a) naked ambition to prestige (I want to sit on the Supreme Court, reputation be damned) and (b) naked ambition to power (I want to apply my far-right views, reputation be damned), she would withdraw out of fear for being (rightly) viewed as tainted, for the entire duration of her stay on the Court.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

nothing like having the support of your peers, lol
Deleted User 89

at minimum, she should have forced the circus to wait and to abide by the dying wish of RBG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:15 pm at minimum, she should have forced the circus to wait and to abide by the dying wish of RBG
But, the gauntlet she had to run to even get on the short list would have selected against that sort of principled-ness. If you're the sort of person who would even consider this, you're not on the short list.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

All this whining by Dems just sets them up to look like dumbasses if the same thing happens in 4 years. I can guarantee that if a SC seat opens in 2024 and the Dems have control of Congress that they arent going to wait.

This is a big fat waste of time with a lot of grandstanding for no reason. Push this through and get back to work on COVID relief.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

damn
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Amy should be running instead of Joe.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Amy was in my office and I had a brief 1 on 1 conversation with her. While she is an impressive woman, I wasn't thinking she's going to get my vote in the primary. She didn't and I'm glad she's not the nominee.
Deleted User 89

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:00 pm Amy should be running instead of Joe.
she would’ve gotten my vote

however, i saw her in Real Time with Bill Maher and came away unimpressed. she just cane across as too vanilla. she needed to show more fire in the primaries, but it’s tough when you’re a woman and have to walk the line of being fiery vs bitchy
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

They should get Katie Porter to question ACB. Then they can bring whatever is left of ACB to the Senate for questioning. I’ll be willing to wager that not much will be left of her. What an intellectual lightweight
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:53 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:15 pm at minimum, she should have forced the circus to wait and to abide by the dying wish of RBG
But, the gauntlet she had to run to even get on the short list would have selected against that sort of principled-ness. If you're the sort of person who would even consider this, you're not on the short list.
There is so much truth there it stings.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:14 pm nothing like having the support of your peers, lol
She has had plenty of her peers and faculty/former teachers at Notre Dame come out and voice their support for her and say she is a worthy pick.

This is all such garbage.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:06 pm
sdoyel wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:51 pm Also relevant:

https://twitter.com/jonathanalter/statu ... 05568?s=21
Of course she should. If she had any principle(s) beyond some combination of (a) naked ambition to prestige (I want to sit on the Supreme Court, reputation be damned) and (b) naked ambition to power (I want to apply my far-right views, reputation be damned), she would withdraw out of fear for being (rightly) viewed as tainted, for the entire duration of her stay on the Court.
I doubt you were saying the same thing about Merrick Garland.

The lefts willingness/eagerness to character assassinate ANYONE who doesn't do what they want or believe exactly what they believe is nauseating. ACB by all accounts is a good person.

This political circus is embarrassing.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

She appears to be an incompetent hack. A nice, religious, incompetent hack.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

zsn wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:51 pm She appears to be an incompetent hack. A nice, religious, incompetent hack.
I'm unsure how I feel in terms of her competence.
In YOUR eyes (and brain) what makes her incompetent to be a Supreme Court Justice?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Grandma wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:08 pm
zsn wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:51 pm She appears to be an incompetent hack. A nice, religious, incompetent hack.
I'm unsure how I feel in terms of her competence.
In YOUR eyes (and brain) what makes her incompetent to be a Supreme Court Justice?
She’s religious
Deleted User 89

understatement

her flavor of religion is more oppressive than most

not to mention the whole speaking in tongues thing, or exorcisms