Hearing

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Hearing

Post by zsn »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:41 pm Here is a forbes article that mentions the same thing...might be a different poll.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2 ... oll-finds/

Only 32% support adding more justices.

Seems like you maybe thought i was just lying about it. 🙄
This until they realize how disastrous the 6-3 could be/has been. Remember that segregation had more than 68% supporters at one point!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:41 pm Here is a forbes article that mentions the same thing...might be a different poll.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2 ... oll-finds/

Only 32% support adding more justices.

Seems like you maybe thought i was just lying about it. 🙄
No, I just wanted to see what you referenced without a link. Since that poll is from late September, I'll be curious to see how this shifts after the GOP crams this through.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the majority of americans also wanted the SCOTUS seat filled after the election
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Coney Barrett is so dangerous because she is a wolf in sheep's clothing. She hides behind Christ as she ravages the poor. HIdes behind "originalist" dogma even though she is a woman working only because the Constitution is a living document designed to support the needs of the living.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

🙄🙄🙄
dolomite2

Post by dolomite2 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:14 pm nothing like having the support of your peers, lol
Duh, They’re all Dems, lol.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite2 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:11 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:14 pm nothing like having the support of your peers, lol
Yeah, I am sure there's a ton of Dems working as faculty at Norte Dame...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Barrett seems nice until she takes away basic liberties. Everyone made a big deal of the abortion issue, but it is the mendacity of Scalia reborn into a witheringly tone-deaf self-loathing package that will kill us. I predict a 6-3 verdict of unspeakable cruelty to a group of Americans not in favor with their religion that will cause a sea-change in how we assign Supreme Court seats. Citizens United, mind you, should have caused this type of majority activism.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:21 am
dolomite2 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:11 am
Yeah, I am sure there's a ton of Dems working as faculty at Norte Dame...
Since we are making blind assumptions, i will guess there are more dems/liberal faculty there than you would think.

Biden is a practicing catholic and he is a dem....there are tons of religious dems/liberals.

Pete Buttigieg was the mayor of South Bend for crying out loud. The current mayor is also a dem.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Lol, I talked to an old Catholic friend, and I asked if she was excited about a Catholic candidate.

She said meh, cuz although Biden’s Catholic, he’s not an ideologically pure enough Catholic, so she’s voting for Trump instead.

lulz
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I’ve got a Catholic friend who says Biden isn’t Catholic. 🤷‍♂️
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 310

I wonder how close the %s are for religious % of Dems and Republicans?
dolomite2

Post by dolomite2 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:56 pm 🙄🙄🙄
Ditto
dolomite2

Post by dolomite2 »

Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:42 am Coney Barrett is so dangerous because she is a wolf in sheep's clothing. She hides behind Christ as she ravages the poor. HIdes behind "originalist" dogma even though she is a woman working only because the Constitution is a living document designed to support the needs of the living.
I love how she lobbed the grenades right back at the likes of Durbin,Klobochar, Hirono etc. Welcome to the court Justice Barrett.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:53 am I’ve got a Catholic friend who says Biden isn’t Catholic. 🤷‍♂️
and Trump is the chosen one cuz god works in mysterious ways?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

dolomite2 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:06 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:42 am Coney Barrett is so dangerous because she is a wolf in sheep's clothing. She hides behind Christ as she ravages the poor. HIdes behind "originalist" dogma even though she is a woman working only because the Constitution is a living document designed to support the needs of the living.
I love how she lobbed the grenades right back at the likes of Durbin,Klobochar, Hirono etc. Welcome to the court Justice Barrett.
The beauty of your stupidity is that it will bite you in the ass. But the Hell of it is that it will bite everyone. Dred Scott elicited some high fives too.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:28 pm
sdoyel wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:53 am I’ve got a Catholic friend who says Biden isn’t Catholic. 🤷‍♂️
That is what baffles me. If someone is hyper religious, how on earth can they overlook all of the ridiculously rude and vulgar things trump has said?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The lord works in mysterious ways bro.

Actually I think it’s cuz they’ve been so indoctrinated to vote exclusively against abortion?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:14 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:28 pm
That is what baffles me. If someone is hyper religious, how on earth can they overlook all of the ridiculously rude and vulgar things trump has said?
The argument I get is it “goes both ways”. Lol
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I out my Catholic friend on the spot about it:

How can you be pro-life if you also support a guy who let 215000+ And counting die on his watch, and is also pro-war, pro gun, pro-death penalty, and also also seems cool with cops brutalizing citizens, among other things?

...but...but...abortion!