Silvio Opts Out

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 289

Re: Silvio Opts Out

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Guys (and girls) I am talking about EVERYTHING. All the way from the NCAA crack down/s (plural) to a player (s?) getting caught with a bong in their room - and everything in-between.
Have there not been close to if not more than 50 KNOWN incidents that have been a black eye on the program and university?
Please spare me the it happens everywhere narish.
Of course crap happens all across the country in different programs, does that really justify anything?
I'm not really worried about other programs, I'm worried about KU.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

gutter, if you think a bong in a dorm room is black eye for the program and university, then your 50 incident figure is way too low. And, with that thinking, I don't see this discussion ever going anywhere.

Greggg Marshall is getting fired because his conduct went well outside the realm of what is acceptable. That's the stuff that, imo, is worth discussing.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

yes
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Reminds me that I saw that Tyler Self was just promoted to Head GM of the Spurs G-League team.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Hahahah. ^

I was just on that thought. May be waiting for junior.

https://twitter.com/KSATRJ/status/13262 ... 25761?s=20
I am, I said.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:48 am gutter, if you think a bong in a dorm room is black eye for the program and university, then your 50 incident figure is way too low. And, with that thinking, I don't see this discussion ever going anywhere.

Greggg Marshall is getting fired because his conduct went well outside the realm of what is acceptable. That's the stuff that, imo, is worth discussing.

Exactly. Most of these are not “black eyes” for the program and certainly are not “black eyes” for the university.

Gutter just off his meds again
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think there's stuff in here that are black eyes.
Considering we are in the Silvio thread, the chair lift wasn't as big a deal as it seemed, but the sports media ran with it, and you can add that to the long list of our players acting like idiots.
That's the stuff that even BWW Chad sees.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I hope sds is off the university’s nickel.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:21 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:48 am gutter, if you think a bong in a dorm room is black eye for the program and university, then your 50 incident figure is way too low. And, with that thinking, I don't see this discussion ever going anywhere.

Exactly. Most of these are not “black eyes” for the program and certainly are not “black eyes” for the university.

Gutter just off his meds again
You are both (CnB and Cascadia) intelligent people. At least somewhat intelligent.
There are different degrees of "black eyes". I tried to imply I was putting the bong situation at the very bottom of the spectrum.
You and I and many other people may not give a shit that a kid had a bong in his "dorm" room but others do. Especially those who want to find fault/s in our program. Just one more thing for them to add to their list/s.
"Black eye" or not, I have to assume Self was not happy when it became public. It certainly wasn't positive publicity.

I don't feel a player having a bong in his room is/was a "black eye" on the University - and maybe I needed to clarify that.
I do feel the collective "black eyes" from the bottom to the top are for sure an embarrassment for the University. If you guys don't, cool. Duly noted.

Moving back to Silvio.......
I'm curious as to how much money KU spent on him during his time at KU so he could stay and play at KU.
Probably more than I make in a year AND what they would get from me if I sent 2 kids to KU for 4 years.
Wondering what if anything Silvio feels he should give back to the University in terms of his future earnings.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Grandma wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:49 pmWondering what if anything Silvio feels he should give back to the University
Final. Fo.

Also, if Silvio is the player that got more from the University monetarily than he earned for it. Good. About time.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:55 pm
Grandma wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:49 pmWondering what if anything Silvio feels he should give back to the University
Final. Fo.

Also, if Silvio is the player that got more from the University monetarily than he earned for it. Good. About time.
Agreed on both accounts
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Dok with some pretty shitty wedding attire.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yep.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I don't know if Dok changed clothes or not for the ceremony. Probably not. If not, yes, he could/should have dressed a bit nicer for the occasion.
I do know he was in Spain a day or two (or three?) before he attended the wedding.
Nice of him to be there for his buddy on his special day.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

I thought Coach Self was supposed to be losing some weight and taking care of himself.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris