Silvio Opts Out

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Silvio Opts Out

Post by twocoach »

Has any player in KU history turned out to be a bigger pain in the ass for the KU athletic department than DeSousa?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He's the leading candidate under Self.
Brannen, Vick, Giles, Giddens, Bragg - all options but DeSousa had a high peak and a long burn.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:55 am Has any player in KU history turned out to be a bigger pain in the ass for the KU athletic department than DeSousa?
Regardless of if you believe his 'handler' or not and how the NCAA screwed up his eligibility following the answer is no, and I don't believe it is close. SdS cost this program probably seven figures to get him eligible and in the end his only real contribution will probably be eradicated because of him.

I'm sure he is a good kid and great teammate and the people closest to him are the ones who screwed him the most but the sooner we never hear about him the better.
Holidaysmore - 2005
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

This kid needs better parent-figures in his life. Self can only do so much.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:08 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:55 am Has any player in KU history turned out to be a bigger pain in the ass for the KU athletic department than DeSousa?
Regardless of if you believe his 'handler' or not and how the NCAA screwed up his eligibility following the answer is no, and I don't believe it is close. SdS cost this program probably seven figures to get him eligible and in the end his only real contribution will probably be eradicated because of him.

I'm sure he is a good kid and great teammate and the people closest to him are the ones who screwed him the most but the sooner we never hear about him the better.
I will reserve judgment on this until we see how exactly he came into a felony charge relating to conduct he didn't tell Bill about (and that he apparently might not remember).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:13 pm This kid needs better parent-figures in his life. Self can only do so much.
I have to stay on brand: all these kids would have better shots if the system was not designed to encourage weird, shadow-market enablers, hangers-on and leeches.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

These early reports on criminal matters are just so full of holes because nothing is available. The stuff so far does not make a lot of sense.

I have to wonder if Silvio gets the use of KU Athletics's retainer criminal attorney.

Also, I will not argue out of one side of my mouth that KU and all schools need to do more for players and then argue that KU did too much for Silvio. KU has shown that it always acts in its own self interest first.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:49 am I mean. Come on...

http://m.kusports.com/news/2020/oct/28/ ... tes=mobile
They've gone crazy with the surveys. I had to answer 6 questions to read this.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

kansassurveycrimson.survey
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:49 am I mean. Come on...

http://m.kusports.com/news/2020/oct/28/ ... tes=mobile
Had a funny feeling there was more to the story.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

You mean to tell me you had a feeling that a guy quitting in mid October wasn’t an ordinary situation?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I'll say it.
More shit and another black eye on the program.
It's really stale and it's seemingly never-ending.
I wouldn't be heartbroken if Self was offered and took an NBA gig.
Great guy, great coach, and I will be forever grateful for 2008 but forgetting the MANY unforgivable actions of his players, he and his "staff" have had their share of serious issues too.
We are possibly facing the "death penalty".
What more has to (and/or is going to) happen before he and KU eventually part ways?

Deleted User 310

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:17 pm The stuff so far does not make a lot of sense.
Which stuff?
Deleted User 310

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:36 pm You mean to tell me you had a feeling that a guy quitting in mid October wasn’t an ordinary situation?
Haha yup. Had a feeling he had gotten in some trouble off the court.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Reading the report based off the affidavit...every individual deserves their times in court but yikes this is not looking good for SdS.
Holidaysmore - 2005
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ugh, not good.

Silvio’s arguing with some women, dude tells him to shut up, Silvio haymakers him in the face so hard he looses vision in an eye, all on video
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

And to think Bill did all that bending over backwards for him. Tough man, so tough. I feel bad for him, I really do, but this is more self inflicting now then it was with his handlers.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Right. I tried to defend him even when other fans cooled, up until this shit.

This was 3 weeks before he tried to hit white jeans with a chair. I kind of wonder if on-court struggles at the time got to his head. I also wonder if he’s got bigger anger management or mental health issues.

I think he needs to take responsibility but I still feel for him. hope he can get on a good path.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i wonder how different things would be if he would’ve just been allowed to play
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:55 am Shut 'It's Brothers' down.