What happened to the immigration thread?

Ugh.
ousdahl

What happened to the immigration thread?

Post by ousdahl »

cuz there should be attention given to the hundreds of migrant children who can’t find their parents.
PhDhawk

Re: What happened to the immigration thread?

Post by PhDhawk »

That thread emigrated.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Pro life party. Yeah. 545 orphans--looking pretty much like the Holocaust by another name.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Sparko wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:24 pm Pro life party. Yeah. 545 orphans--looking pretty much like the Holocaust by another name.
Fuck you. 545 orphans is pretty much like murdering 11 million people and torturing much more? Seriously, fuck you.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Pretty large disparity in numbers, but I can't think of too much worse to do to a little kid than lock them in a cage and deport their parents.
Defense. Rebounds.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:49 pm Pretty large disparity in numbers, but I can't think of too much worse to do to a little kid than lock them in a cage and deport their parents.
Beating them, forced labor upon them, starving them, and eventually killing them.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mjl wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:35 pm
Sparko wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:24 pm Pro life party. Yeah. 545 orphans--looking pretty much like the Holocaust by another name.
Fuck you. 545 orphans is pretty much like murdering 11 million people and torturing much more? Seriously, fuck you.
Love the outrage due to what—scale? I oppose fascist genocides and systemic torture on any scale. What did they do to their parents for example? And their brothers and sisters. Lots of missing. And lots of orphans. It is a dark part of the last few years. And make no mistake, the Nazis started small too. It was just a few at first. Then the blaming and scape-goating allowed them to push the envelope.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Sparko wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:56 pm
Love the outrage due to what—scale? I oppose fascist genocides and systemic torture on any scale. What did they do to their parents for example? And their brothers and sisters. Lots of missing. And lots of orphans. It is a dark part of the last few years. And make no mistake, the Nazis started small too. It was just a few at first. Then the blaming and scape-goating allowed them to push the envelope.
That's like saying yelling at someone is the same as killing someone because killing often starts with arguments. It's insane, just like your comparison. If you think those kids have it as bad as kids did in the holocaust, you're completely ignorant as to what took place in the holocaust.

It's not just outrage at the scale, it's outrage at the severity. And you, like Trump, are just doubling down when called out for saying something awful. Fuck you again you fucking Nazi enabler.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mjl wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:58 pm
Sparko wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:56 pm

That's like saying yelling at someone is the same as killing someone because killing often starts with arguments. It's insane, just like your comparison. If you think those kids have it as bad as kids did in the holocaust, you're completely ignorant as to what took place in the holocaust.

It's not just outrage at the scale, it's outrage at the severity. And you, like Trump, are just doubling down when called out for saying something awful. Fuck you again you fucking Nazi enabler.
That makes no sense. Concentration camps and missing people and parents is a dark place that is completely analogous to the early holocaust and we do not want it in this country. What has happened on our southern border is extreme and inexcusable. Standing up to is the opposite of what you say.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

I am curious if those 500+ sets of parents are looking for those kids? (I am sure most are)...And if so, why haven't we made it easy for them to get in contact with the correct people to reunite them?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I heard a thing on the radio that some parents were successfully contacted but they didn’t wanna take their kids back, cuz they thought their kid was better off alone in Merica than back amidst the violence they were trying to get the kid away from all along.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:27 am I heard a thing on the radio that some parents were successfully contacted but they didn’t wanna take their kids back, cuz they thought their kid was better off alone in Merica than back amidst the violence they were trying to get the kid away from all along.
Wow.

So assuming that is true, whose fault is it that they haven't been reuinited?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:19 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:27 am I heard a thing on the radio that some parents were successfully contacted but they didn’t wanna take their kids back, cuz they thought their kid was better off alone in Merica than back amidst the violence they were trying to get the kid away from all along.
Wow.

This may be the dumbest thing I've ever read.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

man, illy’s little kids must be some hardcore gang bangers.
Deleted User 310

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:20 am
Wow.

Why?

If they haven't picked up their kids on purpose it isn't our fault they haven't been reuinted.

Do you expect 100% of people who apply for asylum to be granted asylum? Even if they aren't good people?....and before we do the whole outrage thing as distraction, i believe that the majority of people who seek asylum and/or want to come to the united states are good people who would be great additions to our nation.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countr ... s?slide=10

We are #1.
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:30 am man, illy’s little kids must be some hardcore gang bangers.
The older one is sweet...the little one i wonder about it.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:33 am

Wow.

Why?

If they haven't picked up their kids on purpose it isn't our fault they haven't been reuinted.

Do you expect 100% of people who apply for asylum to be granted asylum? Even if they aren't good people?....and before we do the whole outrage thing as distraction, i believe that the majority of people who seek asylum and/or want to come to the united states are good people who would be great additions to our nation.
I would lay blame on those who put the kids in dog kennels and deported the parents.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 310

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:38 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:33 am

Why?

I would lay blame on those who put the kids in dog kennels and deported the parents.
So we should grant everyone asylum who applies for it?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countr ... s?slide=10

We are #1.

(Posting it again in case you missed it since i edited after your response)
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:35 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:30 am man, illy’s little kids must be some hardcore gang bangers.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:39 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:35 am
Listen, you shouldn't post things from my wife's facebook. Not cool bro.