What happened to the immigration thread?

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: What happened to the immigration thread?

Post by Shirley »

Heather, as usual, cuts right thru the shit Republicans keep shoveling.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Their calculus is crazy. They believe that credit will only go to the other party, forgetting that they were elected to actually achieve tangible positives. They have replaced achievement with debasement. Da basement is always the lowest part of a house.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:31 pm Their calculus is crazy. They believe that credit will only go to the other party, forgetting that they were elected to actually achieve tangible positives. They have replaced achievement with debasement. Da basement is always the lowest part of a house.
What could be more tangibly positive and important to the American people than impeaching DHS Secretary Mayorkas?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It is not for government to censor private speech. But nor should government be giving this twat of an overgrown toddler any deference on enforcing violations of securities (and national security) laws where they occur, or any certainly any commercial benefit at taxpayer expense.

This shit is wrong, in addition to being factually incorrect.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/175359078 ... q_-8Yt1KMA

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/175359652 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Biden’s strategy is very simple:

1. Get as many illegals in the country as possible.

2. Legalize them to create a permanent majority – a one-party state.

That is why they are encouraging so much illegal immigration. Simple, yet effective.

[…]

This explains why there are so few deportations, as every deportation is a lost vote.

As happened this week, you can literally assault police officers in broad daylight in New York, be released with no bail, give everyone the finger and *still* not be deported!!

Outrageous.
Outrageous, indeed.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

One party states would refuse to bow to the electorate and rule ruthlessly hiding behind religion, packed courts and oligarchs. Maybe even rig voting districts to strangle the true majority. Chilling indeed. Gosh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:55 am :lol:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna137389

not serious people
Oh they're serious. Just not serious about doing what best for the citizens of our country.

Everything is about " beating the other team". No matter who it hurts.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ok?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:55 am :lol:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna137389

not serious people
Someone tells us again about how the GOP isn't completely run by Donald Trump.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Just a patriot doing patriot stuff.
A Tennessee man allegedly plotting violence at the southern border with militia groups to “stir up the hornet’s nest” with an arsenal of explosives, AR-15s and a sniper rifle was arrested Monday after selling an undercover agent an unregistered AK-47 suppressor for $100, according to a federal criminal complaint.

Paul Faye Sr. said he planned to serve as a sniper in a confrontation with federal Border Patrol agents, and to coordinate with militias from Kentucky, Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee, an FBI agent wrote in court documents unsealed Monday and first reported by Seamus Hughes of Court Watch.

The FBI says Faye hoped to inspire a “domino effect” encouraging others to join in confrontations with federal officials. He had spoken to a North Carolina Patriot Party militia group member who had visited Eagle Pass, Texas, the site of a standoff between state and federal authorities over border enforcement that has inspired threats of a potential civil war from right-wingers.

Under Gov. Gregg Abbott (R), Texas has installed razor wire along the Rio Grande and insisted they will continue to do so, even after the Supreme Court ruled federal authorities could remove it in order to gain access to the area.

All but one of the nation’s Republican governors signed a letter supporting Abbott, and 14 of them appeared alongside him Sunday in an Eagle Pass press conference claiming his border actions are justified and necessary. Several members of Congress have also supported Abbott, including House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.)

Some militia groups see the confrontation as an opportunity for violence, according to the complaint.

“I’ll be the first one on the scene, and the last one to leave,” Faye allegedly told an undercover federal agent as the two examined his truck. “The reason why I say that is, if something, just say that we were going down like that, before you even put yourself in danger, I would be on top [of] that roof right there, zeroing out, taking out anybody.”

The complaint states that Faye showed undercover agents the “war room” at his home in Cunningham, Tennessee, featuring an arsenal including ammo, radios, a bullet-proof vest, a Creedmoor rifle, AR-15s, a shotgun, and other firearms.

Faye said a friend named Alpha could make him explosives. “He can go under [the] kitchen sink and come out with napalm,” Faye reportedly said.

He also claimed to have Tannerite to produce Claymore mines, and told agents he had butane tanks set up on his property as “boobytrap explosive devices” to be triggered if police showed up. Faye did not realize he was speaking to a federal agent when he sold a silencer that an ATF expert later determined was unregistered, according to the complaint.

Federal prosecutors charged Faye with possessing, selling, or transferring an unregistered firearm. He has been assigned a public defender.

So far, no major violence has broken out at the border, although the standoff has rallied some people to travel there.

Organizers calling themselves “God’s Army” or “We the People” hyped a peaceful “Take Our Border Back” convoy that was supposed to bring 700,000 concerned citizens from multiple states to border sites at Eagle Pass, Texas, Yuma, Arizona, and San Ysidro, California over the weekend.

Instead, groups of 100 or 200 vehicles showed up.

The party of law and order.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

An unregulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free cult, the right of the future political prisoners to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

thems randi’s peeps
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm assuming that anything beginning with an AK or AR or explosive device is expensive. But dude has a public lawyer?
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:03 pm I'm assuming that anything beginning with an AK or AR or explosive device is expensive. But dude has a public lawyer?
Always amazes me.
My BIL was an O’Reilly’s parts counter guy.
Never made shit his whole life.
Resented my wife for going to school, obtaining an advanced degree.

His wife worked 2 jobs, his kids had shit clothes, bad health habits, and drove $500 cars.

But, he always had money to buy guns, knives, and Tacti-Cool doodads.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

another mayorkas impeachment vote…because they’ve got zero more pressing issues to deal with
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:14 pm another mayorkas impeachment vote…because they’ve got zero more pressing issues to deal with
I think - I hope, but I also think - that they’ve badly misread the room (in that the folks are onto their shit).
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:20 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:14 pm another mayorkas impeachment vote…because they’ve got zero more pressing issues to deal with
I think - I hope, but I also think - that they’ve badly misread the room (in that the folks are onto their shit).
color me pessimistic
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:22 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:20 pm
color me pessimistic
Let’s come back to this conversation after the NY special election results are in.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Impeached.
Fucking shit show