What happened to the immigration thread?

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: What happened to the immigration thread?

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:03 pm But I'm glad we all "agree" that securing the border and bringing a stop to illegal immigration should be a nonpartisan priority
Tell that to the orange fella holding up border-securing legislation so that he can stay out of prison for his many crimes.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:20 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:03 pm But I'm glad we all "agree" that securing the border and bringing a stop to illegal immigration should be a nonpartisan priority
Tell that to the orange fella holding up border-securing legislation so that he can stay out of prison for his many crimes.
Took you a long time to come up with the dumbest imaginable post. This has everything to do with biden and nothing to do with the orange fella. Because you had no valid argument. When in doubt cry about the orange fella. It's a weird obsession/derangement syndrome
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:44 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:20 pm
Took you a long time to come up with the dumbest imaginable post. This has everything to do with biden and nothing to do with the orange fella. Because you had no valid argument. When in doubt cry about the orange fella. It's a weird obsession/derangement syndrome
I suggest you read real news.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/25/us/p ... trump.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... rcna135626

https://www.newson6.com/story/65b1a10c3 ... ing-tabled

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/25/politics ... index.html
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The real story there is once again, the federal government has linked things together that have nothing to so with eachother. Instead of taking one issue at a time and doing whats best for our country
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Because why should sending money to ukraine have anything to do with our southern border?

Why is ukraine forever and always Washington's top priority
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

In fact a lot of Washington's failure to get things done can get traced back to this one issue.

Instead of voting on resolvinylg a singular issue, they always draw up these enormous spending packages with a bunch of ridiculous things lumped together, and vote on them as a whole
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:02 pm Nobody is advocating for drowning children.

The drownings took place on Mexico side of the river and had nothing to do with Texas attempts to improve border security. There were just bodies recovered from the river, they were not in razor wire. That was a piece of propaganda the biden administration used briefly but abandoned once facts came out
seriously? that’s what you’re going with? they were mexico’s fault?

pos
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

No. Republicans have xero interest in positive public policies Abortion! Border stuff! Hunter! Rinse. Repeat. It is about power and stifling policy to serve the rich.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:03 pm The real story there is once again, the federal government has linked things together that have nothing to so with eachother. Instead of taking one issue at a time and doing whats best for our country
You are missing the point. If your orange wannabe king was not holding up immigration reform for personal reasons, it would get passed.

But he is.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:23 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:03 pm The real story there is once again, the federal government has linked things together that have nothing to so with eachother. Instead of taking one issue at a time and doing whats best for our country
You are missing the PROPAGANDA. If your orange wannabe king was not holding up immigration reform for personal reasons, it would get passed.

But he is.
He spent years trying to get them on board and build a wall. Trump was right about the immigration issue years ago. The dems dont get to play that card now. It's easy to fool democrat voters but nobody else is buying it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:19 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:02 pm Nobody is advocating for drowning children.

The drownings took place on Mexico side of the river and had nothing to do with Texas attempts to improve border security. There were just bodies recovered from the river, they were not in razor wire. That was a piece of propaganda the biden administration used briefly but abandoned once facts came out
seriously? that’s what you’re going with? they were mexico’s fault?

pos
Dude you're the one that ought to be banned... if all you do is repeatedly call people a pos.

Did I blame Mexico? No. Did I blame Texas? No. It's not a countries fault. Someone led their kid to their deaths by breaking laws and attempting to sneak into another country. That's the person to blame if we have to play the blame game. Texas or Mexico didn't do it tho

If you and your kids froze to death trying to sneak into Canada I wouldn't blame you or Montana. Be logical
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

It doesn't matter. I'm retiring from this political board. I've been avoiding it. It's a miserable corner of the internet
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

good riddance
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s important to remember, randy and cassandy are the exact same thing as Qusdahl.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sparko wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:20 pm No. Republicans have xero interest in positive public policies Abortion! Border stuff! Hunter! Rinse. Repeat. It is about power and stifling policy to serve the rich.
Speaking of, since Texas can now defy the federal gummint then maybe it’s nbd for doctors to perform abortions there either.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:46 pm It doesn't matter. I'm retiring from this political board. I've been avoiding it. It's a miserable corner of the internet
Fat fucking chance that sticks.

But, we can dream.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.borderreport.com/immigratio ... port-says/

"U.S. Customs and Border Protection records obtained by the Washington Post show that suspected smuggling gangs managed to hack through the heavy steel bollards making up the fence 3,272 times between 2019 and 2021.

The cost to repair the 30-foot-tall beams added up to $2.6 million over that period, the CBP records show."

Ah, that beautiful, impenetrable wall...
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:46 pm It doesn't matter. I'm retiring from this political board. I've been avoiding it. It's a miserable corner of the internet
Nice, I hope you're a man of your word.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

we would do better. but some person that has not held a public office for 3+ years won't let us

the democrat party
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:30 am we would do better. but some person that has not held a public office for 3+ years won't let us

the democrat party
You would do well to read actual news. That is what is happening.