What happened to the immigration thread?

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: What happened to the immigration thread?

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:57 pm How quickly we went from, “we have to vote for Biden cuz we need to stop Trump!”, to “ok so maybe Biden going for Trump-style immigration policies like IS “improving the lives and livelihoods of Americans”
I think you're painting with WAY too broad of a brush there.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:57 pm How quickly we went from, “we have to vote for Biden cuz we need to stop Trump!”, to “ok so maybe Biden going for Trump-style immigration policies like IS “improving the lives and livelihoods of Americans”
Both are increasingly important.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

How quickly you type things out that you don't really think about much.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:40 pm
Oh, I thought you were referring to this post:
ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:36 am I think we’ve discussed this, but -

What does Biden, or dems at large, have to gain from a right turn on border policy?

It seems less likely to win over any pubs, and more likely to just alienate dems

At least the like 6 dems left whose ideology is still something more than, “vote blue no matter who”
Is he totally unaware of the drama house Republicans have been creating for months holding aid for Ukraine hostage unless Democrats agree to a Republican inspired border agreement? And then reneging on the demand?

And if he is and asks that ? nonetheless.......?

What am I missing?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I am surprised you guys are still playing this game.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:10 pm I am surprised you guys are still playing this game.
Why?

It's as much for them as him.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shirley wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:03 pm

What does Biden, or dems at large, have to gain from a right turn on border policy?

It seems less likely to win over any pubs, and more likely to just alienate dems

At least the like 6 dems left whose ideology is still something more than, “vote blue no matter who”
Is he totally unaware of the drama house Republicans have been creating for months holding aid for Ukraine hostage unless Democrats agree to a Republican inspired border agreement? And then reneging on the demand?

What am I missing?
So dems are willing to get more draconian on immigration policy, if pubs are willing to get more hawkish on foreign policy.

What a time to be alive
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

If having a real border and defending a fledgling democracy from invasion by our adversary while modernizing our own military and spreading ~ 70% of the assistance to American co.s is wrong, I don't want to be right.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:22 pm

What am I missing?
So dems are willing to get more draconian on immigration policy, if pubs are willing to get more hawkish on foreign policy.

What a time to be alive
The parties are both hollowed-out carcasses. Everyone here knows that about the GOP. They remain unwilling to see it about the other guys.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well said, Qusdahl.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:22 pm

What am I missing?

What a time to be alive
"More draconian"? Don't be a drama queen.

We need to make some adjustments to to the way things work at the border. That isn't Draconian. That is just common sense. You bitch and whine that no one has conversations but all you're doing is shooting zippy one liners. Grow up.
Last edited by twocoach on Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you new here?

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think he's doin the dice thing too much

It's pretty much all he's got
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Because it isn't true? The Russians have been just spewing border lies. And secrssion of Texas bullshot. Be on guard. Trump is on his last legs and Putin went all in, as in every spare tank and BMP in Ukraine.

The border is pretty quiet actually. I live down here. There were surges that corresponded with the holidays. But we never talk about the folks going back south. And guns are a problem everywhere. Lucky we don't get patted down in supermarkets because of all the good guys.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sparko wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:45 pm Because it isn't true? The Russians have been just spewing border lies. And secrssion of Texas bullshot. Be on guard. Trump is on his last legs and Putin went all in, as in every spare tank and BMP in Ukraine.

The border is pretty quiet actually. I live down here. There were surges that corresponded with the holidays. But we never talk about the folks going back south. And guns are a problem everywhere. Lucky we don't get patted down in supermarkets because of all the good guys.
Ho. Lee. Fuck.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

my favorite is the hair-on-fire response to the slaying of Laken Riley from so many on the right, yet gun violence becomes the leading cause of death of American children and we get nothing
Last edited by KUTradition on Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:06 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:45 pm Because it isn't true? The Russians have been just spewing border lies. And secession of Texas bull. Be on guard. Trump is on his last legs and Putin went all in, as in every spare tank and BMP in Ukraine.

Ho. Lee. Fuck.
"The stuff the GOP won't fix is Biden's fault." RT
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:56 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:06 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:45 pm Because it isn't true? The Russians have been just spewing border lies. And secession of Texas bull. Be on guard. Trump is on his last legs and Putin went all in, as in every spare tank and BMP in Ukraine.

Ho. Lee. Fuck.
"The stuff the GOP won't fix is Biden's fault." RT
Yeah. That's the issue w/your post.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »