If Trump wins....

Ugh.
Deleted User 310

If Trump wins....

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Do you think there will be widespread violence/vandalism?
sdoyel

Re: If Trump wins....

Post by sdoyel »

It’s going to happen either way. Dumb question.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 310

I do not think trump supporters in rural small town areas (the majority of the areas he wins) will vandalize their own towns. That seems pretty far fetched.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:30 pm I do not think trump supporters in rural small town areas (the majority of the areas he wins) will vandalize their own towns. That seems pretty far fetched.
They just shut down 2 bridges in NYC and harassed a Biden bus down the biggest interstate in Texas.

Their violence will be targeted. Most likely directed at minorities... Its entirely plausible to see the MAGA nuts drive into urban areas shooting people. It didn’t stop them in Portland or Minneapolis.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I don't think it's all that much of a mystery how things will play out if Trump monkeys with things to declare himself the supreme leader: there will be protests - loud and boisterous, but overwhelmingly nonviolent. But bad actors will add fuel to the fire, and in some places (cities with Democratic mayors/governors, most likely), the federal response will be blatantly illegal and unconstitutional.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:30 pm I do not think trump supporters in rural small town areas (the majority of the areas he wins) will vandalize their own towns. That seems pretty far fetched.
Why don't you come clean already? :D
Do you think Biden supporters in rural small town areas will vandalize their own towns?

To answer your initial question. Yes, I think there will be vandalism if Trump wins.
It's inexcusable but..... Let's you and I (and others) not pretend we live the lives of many of those who are doing the vandalism, suffer from the same things many of them do, and pretend we truly understand why they do what they do - other than they have had enough. More than enough.
Ok?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If Trump wins...

...does psych reappear to gloat about it again?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Deleted User 310

sdoyel wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:45 pm
They just shut down 2 bridges in NYC and harassed a Biden bus down the biggest interstate in Texas.

Their violence will be targeted. Most likely directed at minorities... Its entirely plausible to see the MAGA nuts drive into urban areas shooting people. It didn’t stop them in Portland or Minneapolis.
Parking on a road and following a bus isn't exactly what i would consider violence and vandalism....but to each their own.

I just find the selective outrage quite obvious.
Deleted User 310

Grandma wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:58 am
Why don't you come clean already? :D
Do you think Biden supporters in rural small town areas will vandalize their own towns?

To answer your initial question. Yes, I think there will be vandalism if Trump wins.
It's inexcusable but..... Let's you and I (and others) not pretend we live the lives of many of those who are doing the vandalism, suffer from the same things many of them do, and pretend we truly understand why they do what they do - other than they have had enough. More than enough.
Ok?
Deal.

(And no i don't think small town biden supporters will do any violence and/or vandlism... that seems to be a big city thing tbh...perpetrated by what appears to be largely younger people say 40ish an under if i had to guess)
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:00 am If Trump wins...

I am not sure this place will be able to survive 4 more years of trump. The crazy lefties already chased off half of the posters during this 1st term....i can't imagine how many will be run off during his 2nd term (and potential 3rd 4th and 5th terms).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:09 am

Parking on a road and following a bus isn't exactly what i would consider violence and vandalism....but to each their own.

Parking on a road? Following a bus?

That's certainly selective something.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:14 am

I am not sure this place will be able to survive 4 more years of trump. The crazy lefties already chased off half of the posters during this 1st term....i can't imagine how many will be run off during his 2nd term (and potential 3rd 4th and 5th terms).
Those poor little snowflakes.
Deleted User 289

I am selective in my outrage but my outrage sees no bias. I can and do call out anyone and everyone despite their race, nationality, religion, gender, political affiliation, if I feel it's justified.

The people who were harassing the bus in Texas and the people blocking the road/s bridge/s in New York (and New Jersey?) are assholes. Period.
Deleted User 310

jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:21 am

Parking on a road? Following a bus?

That's certainly selective something.
Parking and blocking a road? Is that better wording?

Surrounding and following a bus? Is that better wording?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

The MAGA nuts protested the protests.

They are capable of trying anything.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:14 am

This place will survive just fine.
"The crazy lefties" didn't chase off "half" the posters. Maybe some posters.
Ok, but there are other forums besides politics on this site. It's possible to abstain from looking at and posting on the politics board and still being able to look at and post on other boards.
I sincerely hope those who have been "run off" on here have found other places with like minded people if they don't like dealing with people who have different ideas and views than they do.
Deleted User 310

It has/had nothing to do with having "different ideas". Come on gutter. It is being labeled things like a racist if you don't fall in line with the liberal circle jerk. Or labeling people trump supporters, even though/if they didn't vote for trump, because they aren't left enough. #tolerantlefties 🤔🤮

....and now that it is looking more and more possible that trump is going to win the election fair and square people are starting to get on edge. Even CNN went from historic landslide to holding their breath that Biden squeeks out AZ and/or PA and doesn't lose any of those other close swing states.
Deleted User 289

sdoyel wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:58 am The MAGA nuts protested the protests.

They are capable of trying anything.
Exactly.

How quick people choose to forget we lived in a country that didn't consider women and Blacks to be equal despite our Declaration of Independence saying "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".
I guess women are obviously not "men" and Blacks weren't considered men either. No matter their gender.

I mention that because it seems we are heading backwards and not forwards in many ways.
There are PLENTY of MAGA "nuts" who would have no problem if this country was limited to White Christian Republicans - and true or not, I believe some (too many) of them are going to "rise up" in the not too distant future and do everything in their power to try and make it become that way.