If Trump wins....

Ugh.
Deleted User 310

Re: If Trump wins....

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:06 am
There are PLENTY of MAGA "nuts" who would have no problem if this country was limited to White Christian Republicans - and true or not, I believe some (too many) of them are going to "rise up" in the not too distant future and do everything in their power to try and make it become that way.
Maybe....i think that number is increasingly getting smaller by the day

Conversely I think there are PLENTY of tolerant lefty "nuts" who would have no problem if this country had NO "white christian republicans", and i believe some (too many) of them are going to "rise up" in the not too distant future and do everything in their power to try and make it become that way.
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:00 am It has/had nothing to do with having "different ideas". Come on gutter. It is being labeled things like a racist if you don't fall in line with the liberal circle jerk. Or labeling people trump supporters, even though/if they didn't vote for trump, because they aren't left enough. #tolerantlefties 🤔🤮

....and now that it is looking more and more possible that trump is going to win the election fair and square people are starting to get on edge. Even CNN went from historic landslide to holding their breath that Biden squeeks out AZ and/or PA and doesn't lose any of those other close swing states.
Slippery slope.

I agree with you that the labeling is excessive and often goes too far but......
I believe some people on here are racist. Should we accept it or call them out?
Some people on here are Trump supporters. I have no problem with any Trump supporters until they actually defend his inexcusable behavior and some even wallow in it. It's shameful to me.

If Trump does win, it's a very sad statement. Not that I feel Biden is such a spectacular candidate. He's not. It's that people accept and excuse Donald Trump and his vile behavior and incompetence - and that they have allowed it to continue for between 4 and 8 years. It's a HUGE black eye on this country.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:00 am It has/had nothing to do with having "different ideas". Come on gutter. It is being labeled things like a racist if you don't fall in line with the liberal circle jerk. Or labeling people trump supporters, even though/if they didn't vote for trump, because they aren't left enough. #tolerantlefties 🤔🤮

....and now that it is looking more and more possible that trump is going to win the election fair and square people are starting to get on edge. Even CNN went from historic landslide to holding their breath that Biden squeeks out AZ and/or PA and doesn't lose any of those other close swing states.
Where is it looking more and more possible that Trump will win fair and square? A single poll in Iowa (which is like 10th on Biden's wish list anyway)?

The polling did not meaningfully narrow coming into today.

To the extent "people are starting to get on edge," it is because Trump/GOP publicly have their fingers on the scales in, among other places, Minnesota and Texas. And the seeds are planted and are being watered elsewhere. And Trump's camp is signaling both an intent to prematurely declare victory, and to commence litigation if the numbers don't support that early call.
Deleted User 310

Grandma wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:14 am

Slippery slope.

I agree with you that the labeling is excessive and often goes too far but......
Some people on here are Trump supporters. I have no problem with any Trump supporters until they actually defend his inexcusable behavior and some even wallow in it. It's shameful to me.
Hey i am with you. Call it out....but last week you used the n word, which is a racist thing to do. Even though i do not believe you are racist, i do not think a single black person would be okay with the post you made. So be careful not to become what you hate. You can't fight hate with hate.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Who’s ready for the gop to start throwing away votes on some technicalities after the fact?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:21 am Who’s ready for the gop to start throwing away votes on some technicalities after the fact?
I mean, that's exactly what they're already trying to do in Harris County
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:13 am
Grandma wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:06 am
There are PLENTY of MAGA "nuts" who would have no problem if this country was limited to White Christian Republicans - and true or not, I believe some (too many) of them are going to "rise up" in the not too distant future and do everything in their power to try and make it become that way.
Maybe....i think that number is increasingly getting smaller by the day

I also think there are PLENTY of tolerant lefty "nuts" who would have no problem if this country had NO "white christian republicans", and i believe some (too many) of them are going to "rise up" in the not too distant future and do everything in their power to try and make it become that way.
You think that number is getting SMALLER? I completely disagree.
I think you meant INtolerant left nuts.
I do agree that there are some who would have no problem if this country had no White Christian Republicans and that they will "rise up".
That my kansascrimoson.com friend is why I have been saying for many years that we will inevitably have a "civil war" in this country in the not too distant future.
"Intolerance" is getting higher and stronger day by day. It's a powder keg ready to explode. After it explodes, then what? Game over?
Hopefully I'll be dead before it happens. Instead of dying when it does happen.
Some people might feel I am delusional and paranoid. They very well may be right.
Problem is they very well may be wrong. Then what?
Deleted User 310

jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:18 am

Where is it looking more and more possible that Trump will win fair and square? A single poll in Iowa (which is like 10th on Biden's wish list anyway)?

To the extent "people are starting to get on edge," it is because Trump/GOP publicly have their fingers on the scales in, among other places, Minnesota and Texas. And the seeds are planted and are being watered elsewhere. And Trump's camp is signaling both an intent to prematurely declare victory, and to commence litigation if the numbers don't support that early call.
We will know sometime between early Weds morning and Friday night. No reason to worry about poll #s at this point. The real poll #s are about to be cast.

Whoever wins, i do NOT think there is widespread voter fraud (mail in or otherwise) or suppression (any more than normal). We can agree to disagree on that. I think both sides are blowing it out of proportion so they have an excuse if they don't win.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:22 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:21 am Who’s ready for the gop to start throwing away votes on some technicalities after the fact?
I mean, that's exactly what they're already trying to do in Harris County
Which, when you zoom out, is breathtaking. It is one party in our two-party system openly wanting to invalidate legitimate votes.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And re: being labeled racism, it shouldn’t be hard to avoid that label.

But shoot, are we really trying to argue that the problem in Merica isn’t racism so much as it is the folks trying to label racists as racist?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:25 am

We will know sometime between early Weds morning and Friday night. No reason to worry about poll #s at this point. The real poll #s are about to be cast.

Whoever wins, i do NOT think there is widespread voter fraud (mail in or otherwise) or suppression (any more than normal). We can agree to disagree on that. I think both sides are blowing it out of proportion so they have an excuse if they don't win.
You're around the bend on this stuff. What's happening should not be considered normal.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:25 am

any more than normal.

Cuz this is all just politics as usual

lulz
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

dang fish beat me to it
Deleted User 310

The signature thing is rare (when they don't match)....not signing it at all is just stupid, so that is on the voter (but that is also rare i have to imagine)....some places are even having people sit there and remind people to sign it as they drop it off if they forget....others are having people try to contact the small amount of signature issues that occur so that they can come in and make sure their vote counts.

Most people walk in and vote or drop their ballot off/vote early with ZERO issues.

I do not think challengers will be an issue on a large scale either. It is 2020. It isnt hard to prove your identity.

It is all fear mongering to create the illusion that the election isn't legit.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

People seem to have the wrong idea of what being "tolerant" is. It isnt sitting back silent and allowing shitbags to be shitbags because "I respect your right to hold different points of views". It's about assuming that everyone you come across is not a shitbag until they prove otherwise.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It is 1803. I am challenged to a duel. I bring a rock, as is the custom in Shrewstown, Rhode Island. My opponent brings a pistol.

I die, but it was fair because both sides showed up.
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:20 am

Slippery slope.

Hey i am with you. Call it out....but last week you used the n word, which is a racist thing to do. Even though i do not believe you are racist, i do not think a single black person would be okay with the post you made. So be careful not to become what you hate. You can't fight hate with hate.
Ok, let me help you again. I used the n word in a context to express that it's an UNacceptable and vile word to use. If you choose to believe my use of the word was racist, so be it.
I happen to know for a fact that at least one Black person was more than just fine with my post because I shared it with him and we discussed it. My hope is other Black people would comprehend the context of my usage of the word and fully understand why I used it.

Here is something I'll say that might surprise you. I appreciate your feeling I am not racist but the truth is I probably am. To a VERY small degree but we all have "prejudice/s" of some sort. I have said and thought some shameful things. I can and do admit it. I feel most others can't and don't.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:27 am And re: being labeled racism, it shouldn’t be hard to avoid that label.

But shoot, are we really trying to argue that the problem in Merica isn’t racism so much as it is the folks trying to label racists as racist?
Nobody is arguing that.

Label racists as racist. 100%

But when you label EVERYONE on the right as racists then it starts to do a disservice to the cause. Especially when it is a bunch of privileged white people running around calling everyone racists (usually on social media being a keyboard warrior) who don't know the first damn thing about racism becuase they spend most of their time sippin pumpkin spice lattes at starbucks in the suburbs.
Deleted User 310

Grandma wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:33 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:20 am

Slippery slope.

Ok, let me help you again. I used the n word in a context to express that it's an UNacceptable and vile word to use. If you choose to believe my use of the word was racist, so be it.
I happen to know for a fact that at least one Black person was more than just fine with my post because I shared it with him and we discussed it. My hope is other Black people would comprehend the context of my usage of the word and fully understand why I used it.

Here is something I'll say that might surprise you. I appreciate your feeling I am not racist but the truth is I probably am. To a VERY small degree but we all have "prejudice/s" of some sort. I have said and thought some shameful things. I can and do admit it. I feel most others can't and don't.
You're entitled to feel how you feel. My opinion, is that there is NO context where it is acceptable to use the n-word if you are white.

And there is a difference between being racist and having prejudices of some sort. Everyone has prejudices.
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:33 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:27 am And re: being labeled racism, it shouldn’t be hard to avoid that label.

Nobody is arguing that.

Label racists as racist. 100%

But when you label EVERYONE on the right as racists then it starts to do a disservice to the cause. Especially when it is a bunch of privileged white people running around calling everyone racists (usually on social media being a keyboard warrior) who don't know the first damn thing about racism becuase they spend most of their time sippin pumpkin spice lattes at starbucks in the suburbs.
The same suburbs our shithead President is trying to convince the white women that Black people are coming to and are going to take over if Biden is elected?
Yeah, that's the country we live in right now and the President we currently have. Let that sink in for a minute.
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.