If Trump wins....

Ugh.
Deleted User 310

Re: If Trump wins....

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:30 am People seem to have the wrong idea of what being "tolerant" is. It isnt sitting back silent and allowing shitbags to be shitbags because "I respect your right to hold different points of views". It's about assuming that everyone you come across is not a shitbag until they prove otherwise.
Ya, but pro-life people aren't all shitbags. People who disagree on Healthcare aren't all shitbags.

But for many, that is all the proof they need. Not left enough = shitbag for a lot of you. 🤮
Deleted User 310

I hope everyone gets out and votes or has already voted.

The next few days to a week are going to be interesting.

Win or lose i hope both sides learn something from the last 4 years and the next 4 years. Hopefully we can grow from it and become a better country for EVERYONE.

Fighting hate with hate doesn't work.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Or, to the topic of the week, their vote.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s paradoxical, but a culture of tolerance should not tolerate intolerance
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I really hope Illy takes tomorrow off from the boards. He’s going to loose his shit if Trump looses. Get ready for 200-300 “both sides / what about _____” posts tomorrow
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

This is just like the time dems opposed emancipation in 1863!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

For the record tho I hope illy stays. I like him. He’s fun. Don’t leave bro!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:38 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:30 am People seem to have the wrong idea of what being "tolerant" is. It isnt sitting back silent and allowing shitbags to be shitbags because "I respect your right to hold different points of views". It's about assuming that everyone you come across is not a shitbag until they prove otherwise.
Ya, but pro-life people aren't all shitbags. People who disagree on Healthcare aren't all shitbags.

But for many, that is all the proof they need. Not left enough = shitbag for a lot of you. 🤮
Please refer to my previous posts regarding your mind reading abilities.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:21 pm It’s going to happen either way. Dumb question.
No, it works one way. Antifa / BLM are causing 95% of the violence.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:06 am
sdoyel wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:21 pm It’s going to happen either way. Dumb question.
We'll see soon enough.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

If you're saying a broken window is violence, and counting every "violent" act as the same as any other, maybe that math is right.

But it is overwhelmingly NOT that side of things walking around with long guns.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:01 am

Please refer to my post to notice it doesn't say YOU specifically feel that way....so no attempt at reading your mind occured.

I did classify you as a lefty...but that required no mind reading.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The whole antifa boogieman thing was designed to be able to blame violence on the left. No matter who, what or when. This was a replay of the 2016 BLM frame. The right wing election strategy has been amazingly self-referencing. People on the right don’t remember last week. Trot out emails and scary protestors. Rinse. Repeat.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:00 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:01 am

Please refer to my post to notice it doesn't say YOU specifically feel that way....so no attempt at reading your mind occured.

I did classify you as a lefty...but that required no mind reading.
It's your continual use of the word "all", which you do purely to argue even through it is clearly not relevant. Same as turning comments about specific Trump supporting vehicles into "oh, you think ALL Trump supporters are like ISIS" or whatever your stupid overly dramatic comment was.

You are just trolling along creating confrontation unnecessarily. That's it.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Do you really mean "causing" or do you mean committing?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:05 pm The whole antifa boogieman thing was designed to be able to blame violence on the left. No matter who, what or when. This was a replay of the 2016 BLM frame. The right wing election strategy has been amazingly self-referencing. People on the right don’t remember last week. Trot out emails and scary protestors. Rinse. Repeat.
Agreed. "ANTIFA riots!" was just a tool used to justify not supporting BLM protests without looking like an uncaring racist.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:24 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ELuUzct3A
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Grandma wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:24 pm
Both. We all have a choice in our actions.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

You choose to be full of crap Lobs. Let the disinformation op go. it was designed to threaten you exactly this way. Putin’s state media recommended doubling down on the violence and using strong man tactics to boost his electoral prospects. He certainly followed the advice. Random cops seeded the outrage. Groups of people, some goaded into violence, reacted. Then police state tactics by shadow operatives from ICE, and others moved in and provoked more and more unrest. It radicalized many on the right. And that was another goal when Trump hunkers in and won't concede defeat.