Election

Ugh.
pdub
Site Admin

Election

Post by pdub »

I don't post on this trash heap of a bored because it's become increasingly obvious that people are set in their opinions and just shit on each other. I might post a couple more times on here in the next few days but then i'll be ducking out again.

But I will say that if you have or are intending on selecting Trump as your candidate, you should feel ashamed. Not that you will, but you should.

I think a lot of the reason why Trump has come to power is because the country has moved too PC. Racism is and has always been an issue but terms like it ( all the ism's ) have lost much of the meaning now - and it's fair to say the "Left" - or what is represented of the left in media ( including organic social ) - are at the forefront of finger pointing and mislabeling. And painting the white male ( or white person in general ) in this country as a privileged sect who has held power too long and who's opinion shouldn't matter because they are said white male is counter productive. This coincides with painting Christianity as a flaw. Or masculinity as a flaw. And those that are quick to say, 'you are paranoid, none of that is happening,' well, i'm not lobster, but from my vantage point, ( and the conundrum of course is my vantage point from some is devalued because of who I am ), it is, and it sucks. And the response of some to say, "boohoo" etc. or "it's about time" goes nowhere. On that premise, I can understand why people might resist aligning with the Democratic party.

On policy generally, I would say I lean left. I stand strongly with police reform. More mandatory training and screening. Body cameras. And ultimately, the weakening of the legal protections police officers have when they make a mistake. Any officer who is caught targeting a minority should be punished harshly. I stand by making the 2nd Ammendment more of what it should be - which is guns as weapons for militia - and guns as tools for hunting/basic home protection. I think the wealthiest of people should be taxed more and any/all loopholes in hiding their money be minimized. I think healthcare is a human right - but I don't think healthcare should be equal - so if you do well for yourself, you should be afforded better healthcare than others, and the option to choose those plans.

I lean right on other subjects. I think the federal government should let the state's decide on a lot more things. This includes the death penalty, gay marriage and abortion rights. I would be proud to be living in a state that supports gay marriage and the woman's right to choose - I don't think if a majority of people in a state disagree with me, they should have to follow how I live. ( certain aspects of life I think have to be mandated federally - as mentioned above - but not all ).

So maybe one might consider me one of the undecideds -- no strong connection to either party, but that's not the case at all. Despite the souring of the Democratic party, there's just not enough there to warrant voting for an abysmal excuse of a human. Trump is not a leader. He is a megalomaniac. A manipulator. And it's not "just like every politician". No. Stop. It's not. He's not this way because of how the media portrays him either. He is a fucking cesspool of lies, a master of breaking the laws, a culprit of not listening to professionals in the field and thinking he is one. He lives in a world of himself - his goal is not to unite our country and it should be - we're the God damn United States - we need someone who doesn't throw temper tantrums on twitter. Who doesn't single out Muslims, Mexicans, Native Americans etc. All the things said about being overly PC are tossed out the window with him because he walks that nasty hateful line -- he's been built out of the animosity for that movement -- but he's a monster who has lost control.

Biden's my choice here. It's not exciting but he's clearly so much better of a leader, of a professional, a listener, a diplomat, than Trump.

If you don't agree with the movement of the Left, don't vote.
Regardless of what some might say, that's not a vote for Trump.
But a vote for Trump should make you feel ashamed. And if you don't feel ashamed, i'm sorry, but you have validated what the Left has been trying to paint.
Walrus

Re: Election

Post by Walrus »

Oh God, here we go...

I could give you a dozen reasons why Biden is far worse and even more corrupt. I voted for Trump because he was the lesser of two evils. You haven't done much home work on this subject, sadly. Biden looks "okay" on paper, but only if you haven't researched him.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"And if you don't feel ashamed, i'm sorry, but you have validated what the Left has been trying to paint."
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Walrus wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:26 am Oh God, here we go...

I could give you a dozen reasons why Biden is far worse and even more corrupt. I voted for Trump because he was the lesser of two evils. You haven't done much home work on this subject, sadly. Biden looks "okay" on paper, but only if you haven't researched him.

Meth is a terrible drug......
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:27 am "And if you don't feel ashamed, i'm sorry, but you have validated what the Left has been trying to paint."
This needs to be said again.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Great post pdub.

Very well said.

If a republican feels ashamed to vote for him, but chooses to anyway, i guess i can respect their choice as long as they DO feel ashamed and understand he is a terrible/person and president.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:58 am Great post pdub.

Very well said.

If a republican feels ashamed to vote for him, but chooses to anyway, i guess i can respect their choice as long as they DO feel ashamed and understand he is a terrible/person and president.
“I’m ashamed, but rather than just vote for someone who isn’t such a terrible person I’ll still march in lock step with the GOP tribe”

In today’s edition of “Republican profiles in courage...”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

But yeah, good post pdub. You should hang here more. I don’t think it’s as awful as you think it is. I for one mostly just hang for the lulz.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Great post, pdub.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

the thread title is way more fun if you say it with an Asian accent.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It should be noted that the Taliban and North Korea endorse Trump. They find him “empowering.”
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:05 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:58 am Great post pdub.

Very well said.

“I’m ashamed, but rather than just vote for someone who isn’t such a terrible person I’ll still march in lock step with the GOP tribe”

In today’s edition of “Republican profiles in courage...”
Only 2 tribes to pick from.

And i didn't say it was courageous. Just that i can respect it more than those that actually think he is a good person/president.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

a shameful vote for a terrible candidate counts the same as a proud vote for a terrible candidate, so not sure why it’s worth pointing out any differences.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The rest can wait.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:36 pm a shameful vote for a terrible candidate counts the same as a proud vote for a terrible candidate, so not sure why it’s worth pointing out any differences.
Because, to me, one is more respectable than the other.

Biden as a candidate and Democrats as a party are pretty terrible themselves.

But like pdub, Biden got my vote because Trump is far too terrible to vote for. No shame here.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

This will be my 6th Presidential election. I have fairly moderate political views that probably lean right when taken all together. For every election, I've entered definitively knowing who I thought was the better candidate and who I was going to vote for.

That said, I've never been so sure, of any candidate as I am this year. And that is how strongly opposed to Trump I am, and how sure I am that he's the wrong man for the job. He's been a massive failure as a president. I've never been more convinced of who the WRONG candidate is. I'll be voting Biden, I don't like it, but I LOVE that it's a vote AGAINST trump.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 310

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:55 pm . I have fairly moderate political views that probably lean right when taken all together.
You should be ashamed of yourself. Racist shitbag. *twocoach voice* 🤣😉
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:55 pmI have fairly moderate political views that probably lean right when taken all together.
:lol:
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

this is where I would go dig up all those posts about phd giving me shit about voting for Biden, at least if I wanted to go all DCHawk about it.

But I’m not DC. I ain’t even one of his socks.

Good for you phd.

Besides, I didn’t vote for Biden either way.

I voted for Bill Self.
Deleted User 310

This thread confirms pdub and phd would be the 2 dudes i would hang out and drink with. 3rd dude would be gutter so those drinks could be courtside at an NBA game. Plus, can't get covid courtside cuz the virus floats up to all the peasants in the nosebleeds.