Election Results Game Thread

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Election Results Game Thread

Post by ousdahl »

Perhaps even more than distancing from Trump, the question is whether republicans are willing to distance themselves from Q...
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i would rather make it impossible that trump runs in 2024, rather than hoping that the gop grows a long-term spine

too much of this country still has trump’s back
Deleted User 89

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:57 am Perhaps even more than distancing from Trump, the question is whether republicans are willing to distance themselves from Q...
particularly since it’s already invaded congress
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:00 am i would rather make it impossible that trump runs in 2024, rather than hoping that the gop grows a long-term spine

too much of this country still has trump’s back
I wonder how the rhetoric would hold, shifting from “this guy would obviously be such a bad choice,” to “LOOK WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED”

I think the real struggle may be, getting some critical mass of Mericans to care about some substantive issue beyond “owning the libs”
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:06 am
I think the real struggle may be, getting some critical mass of Mericans to care about some substantive issue beyond “owning the libs”
To be fair, the only issue the libs recognize is more power and “owning the pubs”

Both parties are pretty ugly.

Almost all Americans just want to live and work and raise and be happy.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 89

so disingenuous
Deleted User 89

tell me again, what demographic was sporting shirts that read “i’d rather be russian than a democrat”?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:25 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:06 am
To be fair, the only issue the libs recognize is more power and “owning the pubs”

Both parties are pretty ugly.

Almost all Americans just want to live and work and raise and be happy.
I've not one time heard any liberal utter the phrase "own the pubs."

I have only ever heard it as a very stupid straw man to prop up very stupid both-sidesy shit.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

You hear what you want to hear.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

If it fits your narrative you hear it. If it don’t, you don’t.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:34 am You hear what you want to hear.
Said with no sense of irony.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

“liberals” seem to really only want climate action, affordable education and healthcare, and a reasonable tax code...oh, and racial and gender equality

sure, there are extremists on the left that want some of that for free

contrast that with the extremists on the right
Deleted User 89

so mich, put up or shut up

provide some sort, anything really, of evidence to support your claim that libs really just want to own the pubs
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Maybe Mich could compare and contrast the Democratic and Republican platforms for the previous election for us. You know, if the Republicans actually had one.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:36 am “liberals” seem to really only want climate action, affordable education and healthcare, and a reasonable tax code...oh, and racial and gender equality
Yeah, this isn't complicated. At All.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:36 am “liberals” seem to really only want climate action, affordable education and healthcare, and a reasonable tax code...oh, and racial and gender equality

We know. Liberals want all things good. Conservatives want all things bad. Blah blah blah blah blah.
Deleted User 89

so you got nothing

thanks for playing
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:46 am

We know. Liberals want all things good. Conservatives want all things bad. Blah blah blah blah blah.
blah blah blah...lol. what a cop-out

what do pubs want? serious question

a wall on the boarder? more tax cuts for the rich and corporate america?
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

And there's why getting the majority of the people in this country moving in the same (and correct) direction will be a monumental feat. Not because the MAGA dipshits exist, but because of so many people like Mich. They simply REFUSE to say the current incarnation of the Republican Party is the PRIMARY reason the country is where we are today.

For the past 40 plus years, the Republicans have, more and more, catered to the radicalized portions of American society. From letting in the 'moral majority' to the Tea Party to white nationalists to QAnon, they've welcomed them with open arms. Every time. And in doing so, they've completely abandoned the idea of governing for the people, of the people, and by the people...unless they're white, male, 'Christian', and wealthy. If we're lucky, the other 97% of the country gets the table scraps.

Letting the radicalized and extremists portions of the 'right' into the base of the party has caused the party to no longer negotiate in good faith - for anything. That was evident in the '90s and '00s, and became ever more apparent after '08. Went into overdrive in '10. And went full ludicrous speed/plaid after '16. And what do we have to show for it? An 18 year never-ending war, an explosion of debt/deficit, 100s of unqualified lifetime judge appointees, 3 stolen supreme court seats, a $1.5 Trillion tax cut that will only help the wealthy and corporations, global embarrassment, and lastly an attempted coup.

But please, regale us with tails of how the 'libs' are just as bad. I can't wait.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

kubowler99. My favorite.