Election Results Game Thread

Ugh.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Election Results Game Thread

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:49 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:46 am
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:36 am “liberals” seem to really only want climate action, affordable education and healthcare, and a reasonable tax code...oh, and racial and gender equality

sure, there are extremists on the left that want some of that for free

contrast that with the extremists on the right
We know. Liberals want all things good. Conservatives want all things bad. Blah blah blah blah blah.
blah blah blah...lol. what a cop-out

what do pubs want? serious question

a wall on the boarder? more tax cuts for the rich and corporate america?
As a former leaning right centrist, I don't even really know what they want anymore.

Here's what I think they want -
Tough trade laws.
Instead of money going to government programs, they want to help their pockets.
They want church and state to be together. AKA follow the Bible for policies

Other than that, I can't really think of anything of substance. Meanwhile the Dems, even though things may be flawed and tough to accomplish at least have a clear understanding of what they want to do.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

it might be worth adding, “throw a monkey wrench in the gears of governing to prove their ideology that government don’t work.”
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I’m a moderate who leans left socially and leans right fiscally. ALL of my family members are Republicans.

Here is what they want
1. Low Taxes (but really a la carte taxes)
2. Abortion to be illegal

That’s it. That’s all they ever talk about.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

kubowler99 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:49 am And there's why getting the majority of the people in this country moving in the same (and correct) direction will be a monumental feat. Not because the MAGA dipshits exist, but because of so many people like Mich. They simply REFUSE to say the current incarnation of the Republican Party is the PRIMARY reason the country is where we are today.

For the past 40 plus years, the Republicans have, more and more, catered to the radicalized portions of American society. From letting in the 'moral majority' to the Tea Party to white nationalists to QAnon, they've welcomed them with open arms. Every time. And in doing so, they've completely abandoned the idea of governing for the people, of the people, and by the people...unless they're white, male, 'Christian', and wealthy. If we're lucky, the other 97% of the country gets the table scraps.

Letting the radicalized and extremists portions of the 'right' into the base of the party has caused the party to no longer negotiate in good faith - for anything. That was evident in the '90s and '00s, and became ever more apparent after '08. Went into overdrive in '10. And went full ludicrous speed/plaid after '16. And what do we have to show for it? An 18 year never-ending war, an explosion of debt/deficit, 100s of unqualified lifetime judge appointees, 3 stolen supreme court seats, a $1.5 Trillion tax cut that will only help the wealthy and corporations, global embarrassment, and lastly an attempted coup.

But please, regale us with tails of how the 'libs' are just as bad. I can't wait.
Yes - their platform and positions are so deeply unpopular that they have to make common cause with, and cater to, extremists, in order to have a cheater's chance at the polls.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

damn, kubowler99... helluva post
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:01 am
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:49 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:46 am

We know. Liberals want all things good. Conservatives want all things bad. Blah blah blah blah blah.
blah blah blah...lol. what a cop-out

what do pubs want? serious question

a wall on the boarder? more tax cuts for the rich and corporate america?
As a former leaning right centrist, I don't even really know what they want anymore.

Here's what I think they want -
Tough trade laws.
Instead of money going to government programs, they want to help their pockets.
They want church and state to be together. AKA follow the Bible for policies

Other than that, I can't really think of anything of substance. Meanwhile the Dems, even though things may be flawed and tough to accomplish at least have a clear understanding of what they want to do.
I don't think you can call the malignant branch of the Republican Party, "conservatives" any more. There are still conservatives like Mitt Romney, whose principles have been tattered by the last four years, but in the end stood up for their conservative beliefs. But they may be a minority in the current Republican Party.

The white supremacist/Trump cult branch of that party wants one thing; "power".

They are craven in their pursuit, and it is their only goal.

Once they get it they go about taking revenge on everyone and everything they see as having wounded them. These are the most base examples of human existence. Their greatest joy is in their ability to be cruel to other human beings. This is what they live for. This vile minority has always been part of us and will always be with us. What the Republican Party needs to do now is make sure they are never part and parcel of giving this subset of society so much power in the American government again.

Once again they are being sent back under the bridge from where they crawled; to be grumbling, self loathing, miserable trolls. You can try and ban them and shut out their voices, but it is better to know what new lies they are spewing and who they are trying to corrupt. This way we can remind those who are susceptible to their corruption that these evil groups and individuals are just trying to take their souls and drag them into hell. We can't shout down their lies if we don't hear them spew.

Fuck donald trump for everything he has done to our country and our people. And fuck everyone who enabled and supported his corrupt malignant pursuits.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

What posts. KuBowler, Japhy. Terrific stuff.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

kubowler99 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:49 am And there's why getting the majority of the people in this country moving in the same (and correct) direction will be a monumental feat. Not because the MAGA dipshits exist, but because of so many people like Mich. They simply REFUSE to say the current incarnation of the Republican Party is the PRIMARY reason the country is where we are today.

For the past 40 plus years, the Republicans have, more and more, catered to the radicalized portions of American society. From letting in the 'moral majority' to the Tea Party to white nationalists to QAnon, they've welcomed them with open arms. Every time. And in doing so, they've completely abandoned the idea of governing for the people, of the people, and by the people...unless they're white, male, 'Christian', and wealthy. If we're lucky, the other 97% of the country gets the table scraps.

Letting the radicalized and extremists portions of the 'right' into the base of the party has caused the party to no longer negotiate in good faith - for anything. That was evident in the '90s and '00s, and became ever more apparent after '08. Went into overdrive in '10. And went full ludicrous speed/plaid after '16. And what do we have to show for it? An 18 year never-ending war, an explosion of debt/deficit, 100s of unqualified lifetime judge appointees, 3 stolen supreme court seats, a $1.5 Trillion tax cut that will only help the wealthy and corporations, global embarrassment, and lastly an attempted coup.

But please, regale us with tails of how the 'libs' are just as bad. I can't wait.
Nice.
Deleted User 62

https://youtu.be/8CymhWgjDow

Wax Tailor. "There is despair in the faces that you don't see. There is despair in the places that you don't visit"
"Taking care of the strong, and charity will do the rest"
"Make the rich richer, and what falls from the table will be enough....it's an old story"
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

just one reason why a lifelong football coach likely has no business being a senator
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:39 am

Yes - their platform and positions are so deeply unpopular that they have to make common cause with, and cater to, extremists, in order to have a cheater's chance at the polls.
Alexander Hamilton was aware of this route over 200 years ago:

https://twitter.com/JohnFugelsang/statu ... 23521?s=20
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Yes - pretty damn prescient. Although "considerable talents" seem to not really be so necessary.
Deleted User 89

wow...that quote is something else

aside, every time i hear Hamilton’s name i can’t help but think of the old “Got Milk” commercial
Deleted User 89

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:23 am Yes - pretty damn prescient. Although "considerable talents" seem to not really be so necessary.
lol...that’s the one phrase that stuck out to me
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I just can’t get over this fucking moron.

https://twitter.com/cbsnews/status/1350 ... 70114?s=21

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I don't know . . .
Deleted User 62

Is she trying to catch her breath in that pic?