Re: Uncle Joe

Post by ousdahl »

Uncle Joe says the key to a successful marriage is good sex

That hound dog!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:17 pm let’s have a head count. How many other billionaires do we have on this thread. millionaires.
Billionaires? Probably not many, if any.
Millionaires? Quite a few.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:51 pm of course they are. Everyone here is an expert. And everyone here is rich. Of course.
Is being a millionaire considered being "rich" to YOU?
I am asking because it's not to many if not most Americans. I believe the number is around 2 million before someone is considered "wealthy" by the majority of American's standards.

Not everyone on here is an expert but let's be realistic and honest. The majority on here are smarter and better educated in regards to what they discuss on this board - than you are. Right?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

The average american income is 60k.

You think most Americans don't think a person is rich until they have 2 million?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

if you aren't in a decent amount of debt you're doing pretty well in America currently, percentage wise.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

“you’re not making money until you’re making 2mil”

Would put you out of touch with the folks.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:38 am “you’re not making money until you’re making 2mil”

Would put you out of touch with the folks.
But of course "making" $2mm wasn't the bar. Pretty meaningful distinction.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:32 am The average american income is 60k.

You think most Americans don't think a person is rich until they have 2 million?
It's not what I think that really has any credence.
If we break down the differences between someone being "rich" and someone being "wealthy", then the number/s may change but from what I have read, the 2 million number is considered the threshold by the "average" American.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

We are all one lawsuit or illness away from paupers. Dangerous sidewalks, car wreck, dog, cancer. Enjoy the day. Covet not.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:14 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:32 am The average american income is 60k.

It's not what I think that really has any credence.
If we break down the differences between someone being "rich" and someone being "wealthy", then the number/s may change but from what I have read, the 2 million number is considered the threshold by the "average" American.
I blame that mostly on inexperience. If you took the average American making the average income per year and walked them through the finances of someone making even $500k a year who has managed that income well to where they have little debt then I'd bet they feel that person is both rich and wealthy. Most people have no real concept of the realities of that level of regular income.

A smart person could turn $500k a year into generational wealth.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

The Overlander’s have ZERO debt.
Daily living expenses only, and decent monthly income from interest.

We have really good net worth, and sizable savings.

The best advice I was ever given was to work toward paying no interest, as soon as possible.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

we’re just a couple days from zero debt, and i’m not sure how i feel about it
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

We are zero debt too, except for taxes and everything else that must be rationed out in monthly stipends from streaming to insurance. I try not to play games of chance with a dude in a cloak with a scythe as well. . .
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

2 million barely gets you through the check out at the grocery store in joe bidens economy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

good one!
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Hmmmm, Randy didn’t mention the record profit margins.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Randy hungry. Randy Hangry. Want eggs.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:39 pm 2 million barely gets you through the check out at the grocery store in joe bidens economy
Cancel all your onlyfans subscriptions.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:58 am we’re just a couple days from zero debt, and i’m not sure how i feel about it
Congrats. It's pretty liberating. I haven't had a mortgage for nearly 10 years. Hard to resist the urge to rack up a little credit card debt here and there but my wife is a pretty strict manager of our finances so we're in a good place.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:06 am
KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:58 am we’re just a couple days from zero debt, and i’m not sure how i feel about it
Congrats. It's pretty liberating. I haven't had a mortgage for nearly 10 years. Hard to resist the urge to rack up a little credit card debt here and there but my wife is a pretty strict manager of our finances so we're in a good place.
i still think it’s absurd that i pay off debt and my credit score goes down

the last bit is an auto loan, so at this point it’s interest vs credit score