Uncle Joe

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:58 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:48 am
randylahey wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:43 pm I don't think Christianity should be forced upon anyone or shoved down peoples throats. Same as the lgbtq movement

But, Christianity has what.. 2 days? Easter and Christmas. Not 145 and growing. It's excessive and carried away and a clear agenda at work.
JFC!
Like I said, more than half of the LGTBQ "days" you never knew existed - and my guess is 90% you don't know the day/s they are celebrated.

What exactly is the "clear agenda" that you speak of?
Why do you bitch about "the clear agenda" when it comes to LGBTQ and not bitch about Christianity being forced upon anyone and/or shoved down peoples throats?

* EDIT> I now have read your follow up post.

You are delusional. To the point that I can't help but wonder what "cult/s" you are either a member of already or will become a member of in the not too distant future.

As far as your asking "what.. 2 days?"

Just off the top of my head......

TWELVE days of Christmas
Lent
Easter
Good Friday
Palm Sunday
Holy WEEK
Ash Wednesday
Epiphany
All Saints Day
I mean, at a minimum we should be listing every day on which we can't buy chicken sammiches. Right?
Yeah, let me tell you....
I feel I am getting Christianity "shoved down my throat".....
Every day when I walk by a church and see a cross.
Every day in December when someone wishes me a merry Christmas.
Every day I attended an AA/CA/NA meeting and heard the Lord's Prayer.
Every day I hear an athlete give praise to God.
Every day when I walk by Fourth Presbyterian Church and hear the bells ring on the hour.
Every day I see someone cross themself and/or pray.
Every day I hear someone say God damnit.
Heck, even every day someone says "God bless you" when I sneeze.
It's never ending! Possibly 365 days a year devoted to the celebration and awareness of Christianity!
It's that fucking "agenda" at play. Right? I suppose I should be blaming someone other than Christians for it? I ask - based on randy logic.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:27 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:58 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:48 am

JFC!
Like I said, more than half of the LGTBQ "days" you never knew existed - and my guess is 90% you don't know the day/s they are celebrated.

What exactly is the "clear agenda" that you speak of?
Why do you bitch about "the clear agenda" when it comes to LGBTQ and not bitch about Christianity being forced upon anyone and/or shoved down peoples throats?

* EDIT> I now have read your follow up post.

You are delusional. To the point that I can't help but wonder what "cult/s" you are either a member of already or will become a member of in the not too distant future.

As far as your asking "what.. 2 days?"

Just off the top of my head......

TWELVE days of Christmas
Lent
Easter
Good Friday
Palm Sunday
Holy WEEK
Ash Wednesday
Epiphany
All Saints Day
I mean, at a minimum we should be listing every day on which we can't buy chicken sammiches. Right?
Yeah, let me tell you....
I feel I am getting Christianity "shoved down my throat".....
Every day when I walk by a church and see a cross.
Every day in December when someone wishes me a merry Christmas.
Every day I attended an AA/CA/NA meeting and heard the Lord's Prayer.
Every day I hear an athlete give praise to God.
Every day when I walk by Fourth Presbyterian Church and hear the bells ring on the hour.
Every day I see someone cross themself and/or pray.
Every day I hear someone say God damnit.
Heck, even every day someone says "God bless you" when I sneeze.
It's never ending! Possibly 365 days a year devoted to the celebration and awareness of Christianity!
It's that fucking "agenda" at play. Right? I suppose I should be blaming someone other than Christians for it? I ask - based on randy logic.
Right. Same thematic response to the "when's WHITE history month, huh???" clever guys.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

At least it’s OUR theocracy, right!?!?!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

zsn wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:55 am At least it’s OUR theocracy, right!?!?!
Seems as good a place as any:

https://www.npr.org/2024/03/27/12408118 ... xual-abuse
As for why people leave their religions, PRRI found that about two-thirds (67%) of people who leave a faith tradition say they did so because they simply stopped believing in that religion's teachings.

And nearly half (47%) of respondents who left cited negative teaching about the treatment of LGBTQ people.

Those numbers were especially high with one group in particular.

"Religion's negative teaching about LGBTQ people are driving younger Americans to leave church," Deckman says. "We found that about 60% of Americans who are under the age of 30 who have left religion say they left because of their religious traditions teaching, which is a much higher rate than for older Americans."

Hispanic Americans are also more likely to say they've left a religion over LGBTQ issues. Other reasons cited for leaving: clergy sexual abuse and over-involvement in politics.
This is what ties Randy's posts together: it's all of a piece. A minority-rule, raging-at-the-dying-of-the-light piece. The "problem" isn't nurturing or the decline of the family unit or no father figures, blah blah blah. The problem is religion losing its grip on people (one would note the frequent projection in the opposite direction).

The puppeteers don't actually care about any particular issue (other than taxes, I guess), they just need to make the Randies of the world dance furiously at whatever particular issue is most useful that day, toward the end of firming up minority rule before those pesky voters block the path.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Trump attacks Biden over Easter coinciding with Transgender Day of Visibility

randi’s hero!
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:37 am Trump attacks Biden over Easter coinciding with Transgender Day of Visibility

randi’s hero!
Now now.

We all know that the date of Easter, being a Christian holiday, is determined with reference to the lunar calendar (wait, what?).

As Easter, being a Christian holiday the date of which is determined with reference to the lunar calendar, can fall anywhere from late March until late April, I think the only respectful thing to do would be to block off that ENTIRE period as Christmonth.

During Christmonth, there shalt be no recognition of LGBTQ people. There shalt be no anti-Dobbs posts. There shalt be no discussion of victims of child sex abuse or trafficking, or of whether tax exemptions or school vouchers are appropriate public policy given the text and history of our governing documents.

So it is decreed.

PS, as we all know there are actually 50 days of Easter, from Easter Sunday itself until Pentecost Sunday (whazzup, Holy Spirit???). Accordingly, so as to not infringe on Christians' Constitutional rights, the above-decreed decrees shall last until Pentecost Sunday.

PPS, as we all know Lent lasts for the 40 days preceding Holy Thursday. Accordingly, since it would be censorship to discuss uncomfortable things during this period of prayer, fasting and almsgiving, the above-decreed decrees shall take effect on February 15 of each year.

So it is decreed (as amended).
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

So shall it be written, so shall it be done.
Defense. Rebounds.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the Ten Commandments was on this past saturday. all 5 hours of it. that is one spectacular story.

it gets me every time.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:07 am the Ten Commandments was on this past saturday. all 5 hours of it. that is one spectacular story.

it gets me every time.
Of course it does
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Overlander wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:04 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:07 am the Ten Commandments was on this past saturday. all 5 hours of it. that is one spectacular story.

it gets me every time.
Of course it does
Yul Brynner AND Charlton Heston?

Does it get any better than that?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Back on topic:

I will never fucking forgive you people for doing this:

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

it gets me every time.
"Story" being the correct word.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:06 am

it gets me every time.
"Story" being the correct word.
edgy
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:47 am Thanks Uncle Joe

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/ ... index.html
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:12 am
jhawks99 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:47 am Thanks Uncle Joe

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/ ... index.html
And what's the story you think that's telling?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:15 am And what's the story you think that's telling?
No story. Just data.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:18 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:15 am And what's the story you think that's telling?
No story. Just data.
I'm guessing that the disparity is at least somewhat attributable to the weakening of labor resulting in more jobs being on a contractor/gig economy basis (such that a person who used to be working what the DOL considers a "full-time job", being 35+ hours a week for a single employer, might well be working that amount of time or more, but in a way that fails one or both prongs of the definition).
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

in one of my lines of work i see a lot of full-time but contractual (6 mo, 9 mo, etc)

i wonder where those fit in