Uncle Joe

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:17 pm I tend to agree with this. I would agree with it in even more cases if Congress hadn’t set up its own rules in such a way as to not just enable but encourage bad-faith inaction.
Define good-faith vs. bad-faith inaction for me. Like I'm 8.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:59 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:17 pm I tend to agree with this. I would agree with it in even more cases if Congress hadn’t set up its own rules in such a way as to not just enable but encourage bad-faith inaction.
Are you an 8-year-old who is familiar with Potter Stewart?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:56 pm
zsn wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:53 pm There wouldn’t be anyone at all to pick the lettuce. And the strawberries, cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes and corn.
God, I love this response.

"We need more poors to get me my food!"

I mean...do you even hear yourself?
The western economies thrive on upward mobility and a substantial workforce
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:34 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:59 pm
Are you an 8-year-old who is familiar with Potter Stewart?
I need to use the blue slip explanation hold here.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sparko wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:16 pm
zsn wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:53 pm There wouldn’t be anyone at all to pick the lettuce. And the strawberries, cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes and corn.

The western economies thrive on upward mobility and a substantial workforce
Never mind.

That was overly unkind.

Carry on.
Last edited by DCHawk1 on Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

WeRkErS oF tHe WeRlD, geEt Me ChEaP aRuGuLa!
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Where do you get that from my response? If you’re serious about controlling the prevalence of undocumented workers being employed enforce the law (already on the books) by SEVERELY punishing employers. Let’s see how quickly they cry “Uncle!!!” Talk about supply and demand!

I was somewhat sarcastically responding to dolomite’s last sentence. Read the two posts together. Observing what is doesn’t necessarily mean that is what I want.

FTR, what I would like to see is an unskilled worker visa system and meaningful fines and jail time for employers who break the law.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

The new sweeping immigration legislation, signed into law by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in May of 2022, prohibits anyone from transporting illegal immigrants into the state.

Among other restrictions, the law imposes penalties on Florida businesses that hire undocumented immigrants, and requires a citizenship question on patient forms for hospitals that accept Medicare. Under the law, Florida also no longer recognizes drivers' licenses issued to undocumented immigrants from other states.

"This is the strongest legislation against illegal immigration anywhere in the country," DeSantis said at the time of the signing.

But after Hurricane Idalia devastated parts of the state in August, some businesses say the law created a worker shortage, slowing Florida's recovery.

Rogelio Rauda, an undocumented worker from Honduras doing construction in Crystal River, Florida, says only eight workers he knows came to the disaster zone out of the hundreds he says typically show up…

our society has grown accustomed to and, really, dependent upon this source of labor…right or wrong
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:23 pm The new sweeping immigration legislation, signed into law by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in May of 2022, prohibits anyone from transporting illegal immigrants into the state.

Among other restrictions, the law imposes penalties on Florida businesses that hire undocumented immigrants, and requires a citizenship question on patient forms for hospitals that accept Medicare. Under the law, Florida also no longer recognizes drivers' licenses issued to undocumented immigrants from other states.

"This is the strongest legislation against illegal immigration anywhere in the country," DeSantis said at the time of the signing.

But after Hurricane Idalia devastated parts of the state in August, some businesses say the law created a worker shortage, slowing Florida's recovery.

Rogelio Rauda, an undocumented worker from Honduras doing construction in Crystal River, Florida, says only eight workers he knows came to the disaster zone out of the hundreds he says typically show up…

our society has grown accustomed to and, really, dependent upon this source of labor…right or wrong
Yep.

“My beans cost 100% more than they did 2 years ago!”

Yeah, to get them cheaper, you’re gonna have to pick ‘em yourself.

“Fuck that shit!”
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:34 pm The U.S. should block all illegals from coming across the Mexican border. It’s getting beyond ridiculous, (what with the rise in murders, rapes, Fentanyl overdoses, and don’t tell me there wouldn’t be anyone at all to do the lettuce picking.
Really? This strikes me as very naive.

#very
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shirley wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:59 pm
dolomite wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:34 pm The U.S. should block all illegals from coming across the Mexican border. It’s getting beyond ridiculous, (what with the rise in murders, rapes, Fentanyl overdoses, and don’t tell me there wouldn’t be anyone at all to do the lettuce picking.
Really? This strikes me as very naive.

#very
Yeah, I would be interested to hear what the alternative plan is to do the tough work.

Farm harvest work in particular.

And explain the cost savings in the plan…..
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

So...to clarify, you all stand firmly and definitively in opposition to policies that would greatly inflate the costs of planting, growing, and distributing food crops?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:55 pm So...to clarify, you all stand firmly and definitively in opposition to policies that would greatly inflate the costs of planting, growing, and distributing food crops?
Not at all. I hope to soon pay triple what I am currently paying at the grocery store.

I hope the next Texas hail storm damage to my roof can take 3 months to complete, and shoddy work to be the result.

‘Merica First!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:57 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:23 pm The new sweeping immigration legislation, signed into law by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in May of 2022, prohibits anyone from transporting illegal immigrants into the state.

Yep.

“My beans cost 100% more than they did 2 years ago!”

Yeah, to get them cheaper, you’re gonna have to pick ‘em yourself.

“Fuck that shit!”
tell me where, ill pick all the beans I need.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Speaking of beans, money, and Joey B.....
Uncle Joe probably gets confused between the differences of a coffee bean and a jelly bean, the differences between Kamala Harris and Dajuan Harris, and the differences between the NBA and the NRA, but he does know Corn Pop was a bad dude, he knows if Charlamagne can't decide who to vote for between him and Trump than Charlamagne ain't Black, and he knows the little girl he sniffed in the Oval Office last night used Johnson's No More Tears shampoo and didn't kick him in the balls for touching her.
So hey, we (you, I, all Americans, and Joey Old Balls) got that going for us. All that and according to Gallup polls.... His 41% approval rating (not good), a -21 economic confidence index (not good), and 45% of Americans worse off financially than they were a year ago (not good - and frankly, I really don't understand that).
Don't get me wrong, I'm not voting for Trump in November but as of right now, I'm not planning on voting for Joey either. Why would/should I? Other than he's not Trump.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’ll take an 81 year old who’s heart is in the right place over the guy with 91 felonies (among other things), thanks
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

That's all the election is. People who see how corrupt our government has become vs people who beleive what the media tells them
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:16 am i’ll take an 81 year old who’s heart is in the right place over the guy with 91 felonies (among other things), thanks
Do you ever find it odd that he never had a single bit of legal trouble until he got into politics and began speaking out against the deep state

Jfk was also alive before he began talking about dismantling the CIA
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

thats a lie

what is wrong with you?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i thought you were done with the poli board?

just more lies, i guess