Jayhawks in the NBA 2020/2021 edition

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Jayhawks in the NBA 2020/2021 edition

Post by randylahey »

New season new thread. Looks like Jayhawks are active in both games on opening night.

Kelly Oubre and Andrew Wiggins team up with Steph Curry on a rebuilt warriors team in their first match up against a healthy Kevin Durant and the Brooklyn Nets

And the Morris twins' teams face off in the battle for LA as the clippers take on the defending champs Lakers (Marcus is listed inactive with a sore knee)
Deleted User 289

Re: Jayhawks in the NBA 2020/2021 edition

Post by Deleted User 289 »

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm generally good with seeing tweets posted here, but that's a lot of tweets.

Anyway, I watched the first half of that game last night, and it's almost like I'm not worried about Wiggins after that. I mean, surely he's not really as bad as he looked. Surely he actually didn't just fuck around for 9 months and not train. Surely he's not really bad enough that he looks like you should cut him today and doesn't even belong in the league.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Classic gutter with the anti KU stuff as quickly as possible. In bulk, no less
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wiggins arguably has the talent to not let his team get blown out.

I’m afraid he just doesn’t have the competitiveness.

Or something.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:01 am I'm generally good with seeing tweets posted here, but that's a lot of tweets.

Anyway, I watched the first half of that game last night, and it's almost like I'm not worried about Wiggins after that. I mean, surely he's not really as bad as he looked. Surely he actually didn't just fuck around for 9 months and not train. Surely he's not really bad enough that he looks like you should cut him today and doesn't even belong in the league.
Asked a friend this last night, with reference to that craptastic Wiggs/Oubre box score:

* Have NBA-teammate Jayhawks ever combined for a worse box score?

* Will any single NBA Jayhawk (Wilt excluded) in history have or have had a better box score than the best combined box score Wiggs and Oubre will put together at some time this year?

* Should I break up with her?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The Warriors look so average, but that's for another thread, but it does make me believe that there will going to be a game or two where Wiggs/Oubre will combine for 50, even 60 points.

But, what also seems possible, especially if 76ers trade Simmons, is Joel going off this year for a 50/20/5/5 game.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I just wish Wiggins perceived himself as a goat candidate, and wanted to prove as much to the world.
Deleted User 289

Cascadia wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:05 am Classic gutter with the anti KU stuff as quickly as possible. In bulk, no less
He hasn't played for KU since 2014. Right?
So what exactly is/was "anti-KU" in regards to my post?
Shame you're such a sensitive pussy.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Grandma wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:08 am
Cascadia wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:05 am Classic gutter with the anti KU stuff as quickly as possible. In bulk, no less
You're just a fucking psychotic troll. The only reason you're posting here is to take shots at former KU players.
Deleted User 289

Cascadia wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:11 am
Grandma wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:08 am
You're just a fucking psychotic troll. The only reason you're posting here is to take shots at former KU players.
Ok guy.
I post on the Jayhawks in the NBA thread/s often. I provide stats from games and I often post POSITIVE things as well.
I am fully aware that you have an issue with my taking "shots" at former players.
Hey, it's not my fault you are a sensitive pussy. Right?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Please play nice, you guys.

And I suppose it’s a fine line, but I think you can be a fan of a player while also wishing that player would realize his potential and turn a corner.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:07 am Please play nice, you guys.

And I suppose it’s a fine line, but I think you can be a fan of a player while also wishing that player would realize his potential and turn a corner.
I'm fine with criticizing all players (KU and non-KU), but it get's old when certain people spam post every time a player has a bad game. Especially annoying when it's the first game of the season.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Gutter does have a back record on this....
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Wiggins can and will turn it on. I see the these roasts as a good thing for him. Light the damned fire. I was playing ball in my basement as a kid wishing I had the size and talent to play for KU. I would have paid money to be on the floor. Wiggs needs to become an assassin.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

fwiw, what I saw last night wasn't your usual narrative of being passive or not competing. He was getting to where he wanted to go and the shots he wanted, just none were going in, and he knew before they hit the rim they weren't going in.

It seemed more that the self doubt was really creeping in. It's one thing to be a bad #2 for Towns, quite a bit different to be a bad #2 for Steph Curry and his expectations.
Deleted User 289

If anyone can "cure" him I would think (hope) it would be Kerr.
From what I read, Kerr gave him a lot of compliments and tried to boost his confidence during practices and the pre-season. I think the Warriors have a lot of gelling to do and hopefully it works out for all of them. Unfortunately they went up against what will probably be a really good team - and it was pretty damn ugly last night.

ON ANOTHER NOTE....
I guess I should have learned my lesson a long time ago that even though I didn't PERSONALLY say a single negative thing about Wiggins today, if I posted other's reactions to him - I would get blasted for it on here.
I have enough shit going on in my life right now - the last thing I need is to get shit from fellow Jayhawks. That's on me to monitor what I post.
From now on for the foreseeable future, I'll ONLY post positive things and stats in regards to Jayhawks in the NBA. Ok kids?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Always the victim.....