Violence

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Violence

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:43 pm i likely would have done the same thing. had i been in the Capitol at the time.
You would have but why did Ted Cruz?
Ted Cruz was on the same side as the "protesters".
What should he have been fearful of? Getting high fives?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy in J6 attack
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Germany doing things the US couldn’t/wouldn’t

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna60481
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:44 am https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp ... ontgomery/

Interesting read.
I must admit that halfway through this my thoughts digress to, "what if we got together a group of friends in the Spud Lounge and held a weed fueled multiple hour spitball session to start the next big thing in the Quniverse". Imagine the joy in seeing your fantastical story adopted by the sQuirts of the world!

Now....before anyone starts extrapolating this admitted impulse across the arc of my past contributions to multiple message boards; let me just say that I really did date Suzy Creamcheese before she settled for DC. I have the encrypted love letters to prove it.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

tarrio and three others found guilty of seditious conspiracy
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:03 am tarrio and three others found guilty of seditious conspiracy
I wonder who asked them to stand back and stand by? Seems kind of important.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Sparko wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:24 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:03 am tarrio and three others found guilty of seditious conspiracy
I wonder who asked them to stand back and stand by? Seems kind of important.
their lawyers thought so, too
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It's a coincidence that they just happened to be oppressed on January 6th at the capitol while trying to overturn democracy.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Fantastic! The traitors might actually pay?

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/16 ... wsrc%5Etfw
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Ted Cruz would make an epic Drag Queen.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

rhodes gets 18 years for his tourist visit to the capitol
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:57 pm rhodes gets 18 years for his tourist visit to the capitol
Doesn't seem long enough for someone who plotted to overthrow our government and prevent the peaceful transfer of power. But, it's something. Long enough to be a deterrent?

Now, we can start laying bets about how republican presidential hopefuls in '24 not named "Trump", (and if he loses, again during the 2028 primary), will answer the ? of whether or not they will pardon people convicted in relation to Jan 6?

Can a republican who doesn't answer "yes" get the nomination?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Feral wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:13 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:57 pm rhodes gets 18 years for his tourist visit to the capitol
Doesn't seem long enough for someone who plotted to overthrow our government and prevent the peaceful transfer of power. But, it's something. Long enough to be a deterrent?

Now, we can start laying bets about how republican presidential hopefuls in '24 not named "Trump", (and if he loses, again during the 2028 primary), will answer the ? of whether or not they will pardon people convicted in relation to Jan 6?

it’ll be interesting to see what tarrio gets in light of this

though, if trump or desantis are elected it seems a forgone conclusion that they’ll all be pardoned (that may very well be the case for all pub candidates)
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:18 pm

though, if trump or desantis are elected it seems a forgone conclusion that they’ll all be pardoned (that may very well be the case for all pub candidates)
Well this probably goes in another thread, but...DeSantis is now out there saying he'd pardon Trump for 1/6 (and, presumably, other stuff).

I knew the guy wasn't so bright, but that's a new level of dim. He needs to differentiate from Trump, not pander to him. DeSantis has as good of a chance as Trump in the general election (which is to say, not a very good one) if he's obviously just a proxy for Trump.

You cannot kill Trump by appeasement. You cannot expect him to gracefully hand over his base. If you beat him in the primary, there is not a promise you can make to him that will cause him to support you in any way.

And if you're out there saying "a vote for me is a vote for Trump"...you're as dead in the water as he'd be.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:42 pm

Well this probably goes in another thread, but...DeSantis is now out there saying he'd pardon Trump for 1/6 (and, presumably, other stuff).

I knew the guy wasn't so bright, but that's a new level of dim. He needs to differentiate from Trump, not pander to him. DeSantis has as good of a chance as Trump in the general election (which is to say, not a very good one) if he's obviously just a proxy for Trump.

You cannot kill Trump by appeasement. You cannot expect him to gracefully hand over his base. If you beat him in the primary, there is not a promise you can make to him that will cause him to support you in any way.

And if you're out there saying "a vote for me is a vote for Trump"...you're as dead in the water as he'd be.
my first thought is that he’s pandering to trump supporters and the base at large, rather than trump himself
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:43 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:42 pm

my first thought is that he’s pandering to trump supporters and the base at large, rather than trump himself
Oh for sure. But if Trump is able,* he'll mount a third party candidacy or otherwise find a way to hold the R nominee hostage. In my opinion, there isn't a promise you can make that will cause him to NOT kill you; the R nominee really can't afford to lose ANY Trump 2020 voters, so him even peeling 5% of them off would be fatal.

* Defined as "alive and not in prison."