Re: Pizza

Post by TDub »

I like Pizza.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

So, we're all in agreement that pineapple on pizza is an abomination, right?
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:01 pm So, we're all in agreement that pineapple on pizza is an abomination, right?
It's written in the Old Fucking Testament, it is one of the signs of the apocalypse, the fifth horseman or some damned thing.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:01 pm So, we're all in agreement that pineapple on pizza is an abomination, right?
^^^
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:07 pm
^^^
Yea, not a fan.
But I will do canadian bacon on a pizza.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:53 pm
Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:07 pm
^^^
Yea, not a fan.
But I will do canadian bacon on a pizza.
^^^

Ever heard of this place? I guess it's new:

Oct 17, 2023
After my third visit with each one better than the last, I’m pretty comfortable saying that Funzi’s is my favorite new pizza in NY (with the usual caveats that “favorite” and “best” are just momentary feelings and not meant in a competitive sense)

Funzi’s is my Favorite new Pizza in NY

The pizza looks great!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Nothing I like better than a good pineapple brown sugar pizza called upside cake.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:07 pm I haven't had Pizza Hut in 25+ years. I just looked at photos of Pizza Hut pizza. It doesn't resemble what I ate 25 years ago. Am I imagining that or is it true that they have changed their pizza significantly in the past 25 years?

If I am hungry enough, I will eat and actually enjoy pretty much any major chain pizza.
If I am not hungry enough, I will eat and feel most major chain pizza is complete garbage.

The nice thing for me is that I always keep decent frozen pizzas in my freezer. "Decent" meaning from established good pizza restaurants that sell their frozen pizzas to Chicago area grocery stores.
I would much rather eat those than garbage somewhat expensive "major chain" pizza.

On another note, when I order a medium sized pizza with a couple of toppings from a local restaurant it's at least $40 with tax and delivery. Why?
Because you live in Chicago.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:15 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:07 pm I haven't had Pizza Hut in 25+ years. I just looked at photos of Pizza Hut pizza. It doesn't resemble what I ate 25 years ago. Am I imagining that or is it true that they have changed their pizza significantly in the past 25 years?

If I am hungry enough, I will eat and actually enjoy pretty much any major chain pizza.
If I am not hungry enough, I will eat and feel most major chain pizza is complete garbage.

The nice thing for me is that I always keep decent frozen pizzas in my freezer. "Decent" meaning from established good pizza restaurants that sell their frozen pizzas to Chicago area grocery stores.
I would much rather eat those than garbage somewhat expensive "major chain" pizza.

On another note, when I order a medium sized pizza with a couple of toppings from a local restaurant it's at least $40 with tax and delivery. Why?
Because you live in Chicago.
I think that's the perfect answer to my question - why?
Probably the same reason why it would cost me $12,$13,$14 for a double Quarter Pounder, medium fries, and a medium drink at my local McDonalds and the same order would be $7,$8,$9 in Pigsknuckle Georgia.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Let’s bump for discussion today:

sooo

What constitutes pizza?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

For me, it's gotta be made with/of
A. flat bread
B. cheese
C. a savory sauce - usually tomato based but i'll allow some exceptions.

Deep dish? Doesn't checkmark A.
Cheese less pizza? Not a pizza. Looks like a pizza. Not a pizza. You can make something made of veggies look like steak. It's not a steak.
Dessert pizza, even if it's like cheesecake pizza, not a pizza. Because of C.

White pizza has a sauce ( and cheese ), which puts it on the borderline bc of C, but i'll allow it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Deep dish is absolutely a pizza.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think - and this does not necessarily disqualify deep dish at all - for something to be pizza it must at least somewhat-plausibly be handheld-able. Otherwise pizza would include open face sandwiches, and that is clearly unnatural.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

of course. Only crazies eat pizza with a fork.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Dough, sauce (usually tomato) cheese and topping. No more than 3 toppings. Pineapple and chicken are abominations.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Deep dish is a casserole or pie.
It's not too far from a tomato pie.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:35 am Dough, sauce (usually tomato) cheese and topping. No more than 3 toppings. Pineapple and chicken are abominations.
Eh.
A supreme pizza is still a pizza ( pepperoni, sausage, peppers, onions, olives ).
Pineapple gross. I can occasionally get down on a buffalo ranch pizza.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

It's still pizza. But it breaks the 3 topping rule
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

screw you guys…pineapple and ham/canadian bacon is delicious
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Pineapple too sweet/overpowering flavor for me.
Also can get moist on cooking and make the pizza wet.