Pizza

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Pizza

Post by japhy »

Shirley wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:32 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:16 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:22 pm KC peeps. How is Grinders? I’ve seen the DDD episode on it and have almost gone to a show there (I was too late in learning about it), but never stopped to eat there. Good stuffs?
For what it is, it’s great, not good.
^^^

Japhy has eaten there more than anyone I know, maybe he'll chime in. But like jfish says, for what it is, it is definitely better than good.

And although it pains me to say it, pdub is pretty much spot on about everything he's said about pizza.

Thin > > > thick.
I had lunch at Grinders today, I always get the Philly cheesesteak cuz that is what they do best.

For pizza I go to Buffalo State Pizza in the Crossroads. It is about a block from my office. My favorite is the stockyard pizza. You can get a slice and it is a good chunk of food. Better pizza than Grinders and in the same neighborhood.

https://www.buffalostatepizza.com
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Word. Thanks. The only pizza place I’ve had downtown/close is Il lazzarone.

It was good, but I prefer a little ‘heavier’ pizza.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:10 pm Word. Thanks. The only pizza place I’ve had downtown/close is Il lazzarone.

I find that style of pizza to be overly fussy.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:48 am
Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:10 pm Word. Thanks. The only pizza place I’ve had downtown/close is Il lazzarone.

I think most of Oushdahl’s dates would love it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:23 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:48 am

I think most of Oushdahl’s dates would love it
Did I stutter?

;)
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

This gives me flashbacks.

Flying out to LAX at 5:30 AM CST. Getting to the LAX and grabbing coffee and a pastry then off to an architect's office for an all day meeting. Everyone but the contingent of midwesterners is dressed all in black on a sunny hot LA day. We break for lunch at 1:00 PM (3:00 PM CST) and the assistants bring in a big bowl of micro greens and organic lettuces and some mozzarella melted on cracker-like crusts with some white sauce drizzled sparsely upon it.

"This comes from a place on Ocean Avenue that is great, you will love it".......uh huh, don't bother giving us the address.

You could tell who in our group was there for the first time. The look of horror in their eyes when they saw "lunch" was painful to see.

At 5:30 PST the meeting ends and we grab a cab and tell the driver we tip big if they break speed records to Hermosa Beach. There was a place that served 1 lb double burgers and piles of fries and we could eat and drink beer while watching the sun set over the ocean. The waitresses always looked at us warily, as though if they didn't pull their hands away fast enough they might lose a finger. We had to keep asking them to repeat things because the clicking noise their tongue piercings made on their teeth would distract us from the content of their sentences. Career crusading is good fun if done right.

The pizza at BuffaloState is NOT Ocean Avenue Santa Monica pizza.

I struggle to eat two slices unless I am 1:00 PM PST hungry.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:38 pm

This gives me flashbacks.

Flying out to LAX at 5:30 AM CST. Getting to the LAX and grabbing coffee and a pastry then off to an architect's office for an all day meeting. Everyone but the contingent of midwesterners is dressed all in black on a sunny hot LA day. We break for lunch at 1:00 PM (3:00 PM CST) and the assistants bring in a big bowl of micro greens and organic lettuces and some mozzarella melted on cracker-like crusts with some white sauce drizzled sparsely upon it.

"This comes from a place on Ocean Avenue that is great, you will love it".......uh huh, don't bother giving us the address.

You could tell who in our group was there for the first time. The look of horror in their eyes when they saw "lunch" was painful to see.

At 5:30 PST the meeting ends and we grab a cab and tell the driver we tip big if they break speed records to Hermosa Beach. There was a place that served 1 lb double burgers and piles of fries and we could eat and drink beer while watching the sun set over the ocean. The waitresses always looked at us warily, as though if they didn't pull their hands away fast enough they might lose a finger. We had to keep asking them to repeat things because the clicking noise their tongue piercings made on their teeth would distract us from the content of their sentences. Career crusading is good fun if done right.

The pizza at BuffaloState is NOT Ocean Avenue Santa Monica pizza.

I struggle to eat two slices unless I am 1:00 PM PST hungry.
You're talking about either Slice or Ghisallo (depending on when...).