Question for the gun owners on here

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Question for the gun owners on here

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:19 amAdd them all up and you have about 300 knuckleheads in a country of 300,000,000+. I ain’t gonna lose any sleep over it.
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:34 am 300 equals the number of knuckleheads that stormed the capital + the number of knuckleheads that talked about kidnapping the governor of Michigan.

I am well aware that there are greater than 300 total knuckleheads.
Which is it?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

so, 300/50=6

mich and i are only expecting 6 armed protesters at each state capitol over the coming weeks
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

And that's without allocating for DC, Puerto Rico, Guam and the overseas vote.
Deleted User 89

seriously tho, i’ve got a 9mm and an old .22 revolver, for which i don’t even stock ammo

have talked about getting conceal carry permits, but doubt it ever happens

camping trips are the only tine the 9 leaves the safe, and even then it’s always stored away

i have no desire to carry, but that may change if the maga nuts continue to get nuttier
Deleted User 89

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:25 am And that's without allocating for DC, Puerto Rico, Guam and the overseas vote.
dammit, fish...why you gotta fuck up my math
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Starting next week the buck stops at uncle joe’s desk. No more blaming everyone else. Hope he’s up for it.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Couple of things that are true for me:

I'm not going to start carrying because of the Trump Insurrection last week and I don't think it's at all that necessary for me to do so (as of now).

But, I encouraged a friend in DC to get the hell out of there before 1/20/21 and she is. Her preference is to attend the inauguration to both support President-elect and to peacefully counter protest those assholes. However, exercising that First Amendment right would exponentially raise her risk of death by either getting murdered or contracting COVID. That's on the ~300, no doubt.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So if one of your 300 goes into a federal building in two weeks, armed, and does something knuckleheady/knuckleheadish? it's 'uncle joe's' fault.

Got it.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Indeed. If you are the sitting president, you own it. Been true for 1-45. True for 46.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes, the president owns it - as in, they must respond/handle it - and it's a big responsibility.

But if the previous president helped create that problem that the current president has to deal with, that does not mean the current president is at fault for the problem.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

My suspicion is that uncle joe and his squad will spend the next 4 years doing nothing. All the while blaming dt.

I hope I am wrong.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Fair.
I hope you are wrong too.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Wasn’t that pleasant. We just had a thoughtful exchange of thoughts and ideas. Not one time filthy mouthing or disparaging one another.

That is how you do it.
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:41 am Indeed. If you are the sitting president, you own it. Been true for 1-45. True for 46.
you’re a fucking idiot
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:53 am Wasn’t that pleasant. We just had a thoughtful exchange of thoughts and ideas. Not one time filthy mouthing or disparaging one another.

That is how you do it.
you’re a fucking idiot
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

once you factor out Mich, there's only 299 of them left.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

only two encounters with a gun, or threat of a gun, in an uncontrolled situation:

when my buddy and I got jumped in South Park, one of the dudes said something like "don't make me get my gun" and reached behind his back like he was pulling one from his waist. He didn't have one.

I also heard my gf's neighbor shoot himself.

neither time did I think, this would have been better if I had a gun too.

I've thought about some kind of hand cannon for bear defense, but then realized I'm more afraid of the gun than I am of the bear.

I'd like a shotgun some day, you know, to defend myself against any insurrectionist clay pigeons.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:41 am Indeed. If you are the sitting president, you own it. Been true for 1-45. True for 46.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/1 ... ing-128971
I don't take responsibility at all.
Deleted User 89

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:34 am only two encounters with a gun, or threat of a gun, in an uncontrolled situation:

when my buddy and I got jumped in South Park, one of the dudes said something like "don't make me get my gun" and reached behind his back like he was pulling one from his waist. He didn't have one.

I also heard my gf's neighbor shoot himself.

neither time did I think, this would have been better if I had a gun too.

I've thought about some kind of hand cannon for bear defense, but then realized I'm more afraid of the gun than I am of the bear.

I'd like a shotgun some day, you know, to defend myself against any insurrectionist clay pigeons.
much more likely to carry bear spray than i am a pistol
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

had a buddy - well, a friend of a friend - who was in the homegrown, um, arugula business. He met up at some rendezvous point down a rural road with the stuff. buyer checks it out, then pulls a gun on the guy, and runs back to his car and speeds off.

the guy was scared, and pissed. part of him wonders if he should carry a gun then too, but part of him is also glad to not be a part of a potentially deadly wild west shootout over some arugula.