Question for the gun owners on here

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Question for the gun owners on here

Post by ousdahl »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:36 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:34 am only two encounters with a gun, or threat of a gun, in an uncontrolled situation:

when my buddy and I got jumped in South Park, one of the dudes said something like "don't make me get my gun" and reached behind his back like he was pulling one from his waist. He didn't have one.

I also heard my gf's neighbor shoot himself.

neither time did I think, this would have been better if I had a gun too.

I've thought about some kind of hand cannon for bear defense, but then realized I'm more afraid of the gun than I am of the bear.

I'd like a shotgun some day, you know, to defend myself against any insurrectionist clay pigeons.
much more likely to carry bear spray than i am a pistol
yeah, I need to get some. Beav has a big can of it.

I feel like I'd be more likely to use it knowing it's a nonlethal deterrent, especially considering the threat I'm mostly likely to encounter out on a trail would be an off-leash dog.

On one hand I wouldn't hesitate to do it if it was aggressive, but on the other, I wouldn't look forward to having the convo about how I just blasted yall's yorkiepoo, and it's yall's own fault too.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

If they don't pay the pet deposit, that's on them.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Word of advice from a Pro:

If you find yourself in a situation where you need to fire, (MAGA rally, Antifa uprising, school, workplace, etc), try to put the first shot just above the belt of the offender. Low enough to penetrate if they are wearing a vest.

To those of us that fire in 2 bursts, the 2nd should hit right in the middle of their chest. Even if they are wearing a vest, the blunt force will take them down. Then they can take stock of the situation and the facts...like the fact that the blood coming out of their intestinal cavity smells a lot like poop.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’ve seen yorkiepoos in those cute little sweaters, but now yall got vests for them too?
shindig

Post by shindig »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:01 am I only have a shotgun.
I wouldn’t open carry that.
So then yes, if someone was pointing a gun at me, they’d be on my property/in my house, I’d shoot them.
Yep, same here. I have a pump action shotgun I bought on a whim years ago. I've shot it a few times at my uncles house out in the country. But I figure if someone breaks into my house while I am asleep or something, they'll know the sound of a pump shotgun being loaded and hopefully that's enough to make them run.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Same.
Though i'd say it's not so likely, if you were asleep, depending on how you store it, you'd have time to get to said shotgun...but for me, it's like part of an emergency preparedness kit.

Better to never have to use it -- but sure as hell will be thanking yourself if shit ever really hit the fan.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:44 pm Same.
Though i'd say it's not so likely, if you were asleep, depending on how you store it, you'd have time to get to said shotgun...but for me, it's like part of an emergency preparedness kit.

Better to never have to use it -- but sure as hell will be thanking yourself if shit ever really hit the fan.
don't you watch tv...the bad guys always break a vase upon entry loudly enough to wake you up.

You got time.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ohhh, that's why my blowup doll has so many plants in the house.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dude sleeps with his eyes open and fully clothed?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dude likes to be prepared.
Deleted User 62

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:08 pm Dude sleeps with his eyes open and fully clothed?
He thought Obama was coming for his gun.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I keep it in my bedroom closet in the front corner. I don't have kids, but I don't keep it loaded either. If my nephews or niece are over, I put it up, but the shells are in a drawer in my closet.
Deleted User 62

shindig wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:26 pm

I keep it in my bedroom closet in the front corner. I don't have kids, but I don't keep it loaded either. If my nephews or niece are over, I put it up, but the shells are in a drawer in my closet.
Thanks for the tip.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:29 pm
shindig wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:26 pm

Thanks for the tip.
lol.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:56 am
Grandma wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:24 am
That across the country in the not too distant future many people may experience what they feel are kill or be killed situations - despite not knowing if the threat is legitimate or not - and how they will respond to PERCEIVED situations.
I don’t think so.
I hope you're right.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

in this same vein, i’ve only got maybe a dozen or so rounds of 9mm rounds on hand

for the past year, every time i’m out running errands it seems, it crosses my mind to stop and pick up a few boxes...just in case
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

my gun safe is both keyed and biometric, yet i’ve never taken the time to program my prints

perhaps i should...
shindig

Post by shindig »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:12 pm my gun safe is both keyed and biometric, yet i’ve never taken the time to program my prints

perhaps i should...
Great concept until when you've been working around the house and you have dried paint or glue on your hands and some random dude strolls into your house...lol.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:09 pm

in this same vein, i’ve only got maybe a dozen or so rounds of 9mm rounds on hand

for the past year, every time i’m out running errands it seems, it crosses my mind to stop and pick up a few boxes...just in case
Good luck finding ammo. If you do its usually a 1 box limit
Just Ledoux it