Super Bowl LV

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: Super Bowl LV

Post by holidaysmore »

There are so many low hang fruit jokes to be made here but I'll leave those alone.

Mahomes shot gunning beers > Tommy having to be carried out by another grown man
Holidaysmore - 2005
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Gutter helping ousdahl into the Dead and co venue cuz he got too spun in the parking lot again”
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:21 pm There are so many low hang fruit jokes to be made here but I'll leave those alone.

Mahomes shot gunning beers > Tommy having to be carried out by another grown man
I bet Tommy could still score 9 points right now.
shindig

Post by shindig »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:15 pm drunk idiots have done some pretty stupid things with their championship trophies
Would have been better if the trophy had landed halfway between the boats and sunk in the bay.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

shindig wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:54 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:15 pm drunk idiots have done some pretty stupid things with their championship trophies
Would have been better if the trophy had landed halfway between the boats and sunk in the bay.
agreed
shindig

Post by shindig »

I need to move, shorts and a t-shirt in early February and it's colder than a witches tit here in KC. A buddy of mine moved to St. Pete six years ago, said he's never moving back to the mid-west. I would have flown down for the SB, but with a pandemic, I figured better not. I might have to look into moving to Tampa. I hate this damn weather.
Deleted User 89

it’s 48 here now, with like zero humidity

i visited Gainesville last March before shit really hit the fan...temp is nice, but no thank you to the humidity
shindig

Post by shindig »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:02 pm it’s 48 here now, with like zero humidity

i visited Gainesville last March before shit really hit the fan...temp is nice, but no thank you to the humidity
Where are you?
Deleted User 89

shindig wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:07 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:02 pm it’s 48 here now, with like zero humidity

Where are you?
Salt Lake
shindig

Post by shindig »

Never been to Salt Lake, but have heard good things about it. How is it warmer there than KC, that's crazy...guess you guys missed the Polar Vortex.

I need to seriously think about my long term situation. I've literally only lived in Wichita (grew up there), Lawrence, St. Louis after KU for 4 years and KC now for almost 20 years. 48 now, sick of the mid-west, but my parents live here now (Dad is 80, Mom is 78), along with both my brothers and nephews and nieces, but I just can't stand Winter anymore. I could probably sell my house in Brookside for $300k, make $150k off the sale, of course have to find a new job, which scares the shit out of me. I think I'm having a mid-life crisis...lol. Not married, have a gf that I see 3-4 times month it seems since she works all the time and lives in south OP, probably won't marry her, not sure she wants to get married anyway. Oh well, anybody got any advice? Just tell me what to do and I'll do it...:)
Last edited by shindig on Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:30 pm
“Gutter helping ousdahl into the Dead and co venue cuz he got too spun in the parking lot again”
I laughed.
I think most of us have been Tom Brady AND the guy helping him out at some point/s in our life.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

shindig wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:29 pm Never been to Salt Lake, but have heard good things about it. How is it warmer there than KC, that's crazy...guess you guys missed the Polar Vortex.

I need to seriously think about my long term situation. I've literally only lived in Wichita (grew up there), Lawrence, St. Louis after KU for 4 years and KC now for almost 20 years. 48 now, sick of the mid-west, but my parents live here now (Dad is 80, Mom is 78), along with both my brothers and nephews and nieces, but I just can't stand Winter anymore. I could probably sell my house in Brookside for $300k, make $150k off the sale, of course have to find a new job, which scares the shit out of me. I think I'm having a mid-life crisis...lol. Not married, have a gf that I see 3-4 times month it seems since she works all the time and lives in south OP, probably won't marry her, not sure she wants to get married anyway. Oh well, anybody got any advice? Just tell me what to do and I'll do it...:)
Not saying you should, but if you haven’t spent much time out west, there’s a good chance it would blow your mind.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:32 pm
shindig wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:29 pm Never been to Salt Lake, but have heard good things about it. How is it warmer there than KC, that's crazy...guess you guys missed the Polar Vortex.

Not saying you should, but if you haven’t spent much time out west, there’s a good chance it would blow your mind.
Sounds like he needs more than just his mind blown.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

My advice is is if you are able to move, feel you would be happier living somewhere else, can come back to the KC area to visit a couple times a year, and can financially support yourself - Why not do it?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:34 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:32 pm

Sounds like he needs more than just his mind blown.
Well depending on where out west he goes, that can be accommodated.

Go to bumfuck Nevada and ask for the Lamar Odom.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

With Tommy’s nutrition regimen, that’s probably after two pina coladas and a Shirley Temple with a couple of cherries.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I'd probably move to Tampa/St. Pete area. Nothing "really" keeping me in KC besides family, job, house...lol. I'm just not good at making life changing decisions, sort of stuck in a comfort zone and mostly just afraid of the unknown.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh, Florida.

so not a mid life crisis. You’re just ready to retire.
shindig

Post by shindig »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:57 pm Oh, Florida.

so not a mid life crisis. You’re just ready to retire.
Well that too. I like the Tampa area. I went down there to visit my buddy a couple years ago. He has a boat, so went deep sea fishing a few times, caught some crazy looking fish 🐟. Played some golf, hit some bars, all while wearing shorts in November. I like the SW, but don't know anyone in that area. Really like Tucson, Sedona, Mesa, etc.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

If you like bugs, humidity, trashy people, zoning akin to Houston, and bad food (with few exceptions), Tampa is for you. Great strip joints though, except at a certain age, and you’re close to it, you will be called Grandpa, not Daddy.