Super Bowl LV

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Super Bowl LV

Post by Sparko »

My point is it is easy to remedy with a backup named at the start of the playoffs. It is crazy that a team with the best record in football had to travel to Tampa twice on the road. The lack of focus for KC was strange as was the game plan. Anyway, I don’t see how it happens after working to capture home field advantage all year. Disliked the Tampa team and its fans which is icing on the cake
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sparko wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:59 pm My point is it is easy to remedy with a backup named at the start of the playoffs.
55 Super Bowls and it has happened once. A backup every year would be an insane waste of resources.

And PhD is right about the corporate feel. There is a better home crowd for KU when the regional is at Sprint Center.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

When the crowd stops your team bus and you have guys shouting NOT IN OUR HOUSE! seemed a little malign to me. Some places are more equal than others. Academic. Like the coin flip for OT. A lot of northern teams will never get that chance.
Last edited by Sparko on Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The Chiefs were down 31-9 to start the 4th quarter. They were garbage. Voter fraud played no role.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:09 pm The Chiefs were down 31-9 to start the 4th quarter. They were garbage. Voter fraud played no role.
They did not play well. Yeah.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

More than 1 thing can be true........
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:15 pm More than 1 thing can be true........
Yes, and I agree with you that playing in your home stadium is always an advantage but the degree varies.

I don't agree that this could be considered a road game.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't know how they'd do it, but I would be in favor of the NFL throwing a bone to the Buffalo, Kansas City, Green Bay, Cincinnati's of the world--places that will never host a Super Bowl--with some kind super bowl economy boost.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:24 pm I don't know how they'd do it, but I would be in favor of the NFL throwing a bone to the Buffalo, Kansas City, Green Bay, Cincinnati's of the world--places that will never host a Super Bowl--with some kind super bowl economy boost.
Hasn't Kansas City kind of been rumored to be considered heavily for a Super Bowl..? Like right around when the updated Arrowhead.

I know if they did the rolling roof that was originally planned 40 years ago, I think they would have hosted multiple Super Bowls by now.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:27 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:24 pm I don't know how they'd do it, but I would be in favor of the NFL throwing a bone to the Buffalo, Kansas City, Green Bay, Cincinnati's of the world--places that will never host a Super Bowl--with some kind super bowl economy boost.
Hasn't Kansas City kind of been rumored to be considered heavily for a Super Bowl..? Like right around when the updated Arrowhead.

I know if they did the rolling roof that was originally planned 40 years ago, I think they would have hosted multiple Super Bowls by now.
KC was promised a SB if they had the rolling roof, but the voters said no.

I think what has changed since then is that the SB has gotten so big that I highly doubt KC could handle that size of an event at least in the foreseeable future.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There are some teams you don’t want to play on road+ SB vacations. Every 55 years is not so bad, but the NFL is a business and is probably thinking this is a keen thing. Raiders vs Tampa.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't see what much the NFL has to gain by having Derek Carr vs. Tom Brady in Tampa, Florida.

Mahomes vs. Brady in London? Absolutely.

Mahomes vs. Aaron Donald in LA? Even better.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I was think Vegas hosting.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yes. I don't think we have to worry about the Raiders playing in a Super Bowl, though.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:35 pm I don't see what much the NFL has to gain by having Derek Carr vs. Tom Brady in Tampa, Florida.

I think having a Super Bowl in London would be absolutely dope.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:26 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:35 pm I don't see what much the NFL has to gain by having Derek Carr vs. Tom Brady in Tampa, Florida.

I think having a Super Bowl in London would be absolutely dope.
Would certainly improve the start time of the game!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Team Super Bowl Saturday

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:07 pm Team Super Bowl Saturday
Same
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yeah, I would be down for Saturday. Doesn't seem that anything but tradition is holding that back.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:13 pm Yeah, I would be down for Saturday. Doesn't seem that anything but tradition is holding that back.
Or (whispers) the Sunday before Presidents' Day.