Sat Shack

You Love It.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Sat Shack

Post by Overlander »

Overlander wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:08 am Grabbed a bite at Crystal Park Cantina in Manitou Springs after hiking yesterday.

Damn good food and amazing margaritas.

Off the beaten path from Hwy 24, worth it.

Headed to Boulder today, hoping to find damn good pizza.
Backcountry Pizza and Tap House in Boulder.

We all agreed, one of the best pizzas we have ever had.

And the smoked wings…..amazing.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:57 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:15 pm Here or the “who is banned” thread?

Come on in and get gushered
This place looks amazing.
Would go.

Though it doesn't look like a great place to catch a game. Only found one instance of a tv, in the corner, small, and not at the bar.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

would go too....am.concerned by the lack of jukebox though. what's Bubba gonna shoot when a sad song makes him cry? What's Joe gonna be propped up beside when he dies? Where's Keith's brother at? I see his sister wine but not his brother...
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They might not have a jukebox but they do seem to have Buck Hunter and OG Pac Man.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

buck hunter is the best
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Don't get the shrimp at Gusher's.

Pizza looks pretty good.

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Depends on the crust. Top side seems serviceable
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Have another pitcher jeep, it'll be just fine
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:09 pm Have another pitcher jeep, it'll be just fine
Way ahead of you.
American Airlines has been finger fucking me all day.

I am going to test their limits on boarding inebriated tonite, since I should have been back in Seattle 2 hours ago
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:33 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:09 pm Have another pitcher jeep, it'll be just fine
Way ahead of you.
American Airlines has been finger fucking me all day.

I am going to test their limits on boarding inebriated tonite, since I should have been back in Seattle 2 hours ago
thats the only way I can get on a plane
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

For a place that made the effort to mention shrimp on the sign you’d think they’d offer a tastier looking dish than that.

Also yea the pizza was good.

And Cold Smoke on tap, delish
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh man.

soo

Stockman's bar!

There are apparently several dives by this name across the American West.

There's the Stockman's in Missoula, which operates with the sales pitch of, "liquor up front, poker in the back." Cool vibe. Divey for sure, and otherwise more of a college dance club. Seems like a good place to get chlamydia.

There's a Stockman's in Pinedale, which I unfortunately didn't visit, tho it's among the reasons I'd like to spend at least one proper night in this town.

But the Stockman's I'd like to discuss today is the Stockman's in Walden, CO aka North Park:

as far as dives go, this place dives deep. The building has got to be over 100 years old, the floors are creaky and slanted, the bathroom is more just a broom closet with a urinal in it, the pool table is decorated with plenty of stains. There's an old Pac-Man machine in the back too. The juke box offers both kinds of music: Country and Western. The focal point of the interior is a large wood-burning fireplace. The neon lights over the bar are appropriately flickery. The place reeks of stale beer and cigarettes, even tho supposedly no one has been able to smoke in there in years. Oh, and it's cash only.

We came upon this place hungry on the tail end of our drive when we initially tried to go to the new BBQ joint in town but it was closed. Upon ordering a round of Coorses, we ask the bartender why. She wasn't shy about explaining, "cuz their bbq sucks so bad that when my family tried it my grandma and I both literally shit our pants. We couldn't even hold it long enough for the 4 block ride home!"

okey dokey then. What would you recommend to eat here?

"Try the Rocky Mountain oysters. By far the tastiest balls I've ever had in my mouth!"

Well thanks for the rec, but I've already had plenty of...uh, fried food in my mouth today. I see the menu says, "ask about our various pizzas." What sorts do you have?

"Oh, well honestly, we just keep some frozen pizzas in the cooler that we'll throw in a toaster oven late night if someone is gushered enough to want or need it. Since the kitchen is still open, I suggest some other menu item instead."

Howsabout a cheesesteak! Oh, and another Coors.

She went on to tell us all the local gossip - the best fishing spots, wolves, sand dunes, snowmobile trails, and how she's lived in Vegas and Chicago and Maui but keeps coming back to North Park anyway cuz of how much she values the "lawlessness" of the place. She even candidly enough recommended if we're hungry here again, "don't come eat our food, try the bowling alley next time, their food is better."

As we're leaving, she's getting off her shift too. Into one cowgirl boot, she shoves the wad of cash earned that evening. Into the other boot, she slides a large Bowie knife it turns out she had behind the bar. She pulls a cig from a squished up pack of Marlboro reds, and tells us boys to have a lovely rest of our evening. I can't decide whether I'm repulsed, or want to ask for her number.

Either way, I wanna go back.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I was in at the photo.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

well wanna go there, or the bowling alley?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There.
And I’ll date that woman in another timeline.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

If I were you tho, I would keep her away from the bbq thread
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

can I get a bucket round here? games on...
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1.5 more dunks for KJ.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

gettin mighty thirsty over here. kinda arid around here
Just Ledoux it