Sat Shack

You Love It.
Cascadia

Re: Sat Shack

Post by Cascadia »

Sorry if you’re made a mess in the bathroom. Think my coke may have been cut with baby laxative.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dang, slow night around here.

Anybody wanna go sniff glue in the parking lot?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You can do what you want just dont be a dick and tip your bartender.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:22 pm Dang, slow night around here.

Anybody wanna go sniff glue in the parking lot?
Sorry bud, early night for me. Poppers and Paint put me out!
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Ous, I’m in the parking lot, where are you?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Ous, you the worst bro, where you at?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hey tdub!

*slides coors down the bar*

What’s up man, you get your knee fixed yet?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Nope. Just been working thru it (except today, off today because my kid wont sleep....and my wife cant function on 2 grs of sleep a day so im took off today to hang out with the littke ones.....and drink in the shack)

Also about a month ago i stepped weird off the edge of a footing and it popped loud enough that the guy i was working with heard it. Since then its felt a quite a bit better. My non medical guess is that the torn flap of the meniscus flopped back over in place....or i know i had some cartilage floating around in there from previous injury and maybe it got jarred out into a more comfortable position. I dunno, feels way more decent now. Still swollen but manageable. The other knee hurts now from having to protect the bad knee. Haha. Gettin old, beating up the body, sucks
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dang. Hang in there.

My knee’s doing pretty much the same shit. Swelling, snap crackle popping, randomly feeling like it’s asleep or numb or suddenly sharp with pain. Feeling like the knee cap is looose or not lined up right, like if I put too much weight on it it might just bend the wrong way.

I saw a doctor a few years back and he recommended just stretching and icing and such, but it’s getting worse.

I can’t decide whether to burn through savings to have doctors work on it, or to just keep treating it with more coorses.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i may have mentioned this before, but both my brother and my pops have had great success with topical cbd oil/ointment on their knees
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Thanks bro.

Now let’s get my knee stoned.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Eventually itll get worse and ill have to do something. But as long as i can function enough to work effectively ill just keep going, we used to be a tougher people. Everyone i know in my industry thats over 35 has aches and pains and shit they just work through. And also coors treatment. Might have try the cbd someday tho. Id be willing to give it a shot
Just Ledoux it
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I had a visit with my orthopedic surgeon (a friend of mine) a couple of weeks ago because of instant onset pain in my right knee. He took a half dozen x-rays and said he'd see me in the patient room. He opened the door and the first words out of his mouth were: you are one tough mother f*****. I said, that's bad news right? He said yup, you have no lateral miniscus.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dang!

What’s the prognosis?

Is it the kind of thing you’re better off nipping in the bud, and getting a minor surgery now to avoid a major surgery later? Or are you better off just trying to live with it and putting off surgery as long as you can?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

He wanted to do Quartizone injections but I told him I wanted to try an Ibuprofen diet for 3 weeks and see how that went. I also start pedaling a recumbent exercise bike an hour a night and (fingers crossed) I haven't had any pain in over a week. My legs are getting stronger, too.

Cock's comb and knee replacement are the final two options. I'll see how long I can grit my teeth and bear it when it gets to that level.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mrs 99 has a knee replacement scheduled in a couple of weeks.
We attended a pre-op class on Monday on what to expect for her and what I need to do to help.
If it were me, I'd deal with the pain. Scary stuff.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The F-I-L just had a knee replacement.
Lots and lots of staples.
But it's been three weeks and he's walking and driving - and he's very positive about the experience.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I didn’t know you could staple inflatables
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

They said she can't drive for 4 weeks. They will have her walking the day of surgery with a walker.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:19 am I didn’t know you could staple inflatables
Older model, made from straw.