KU Football 2021 off season thread

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: KU Football 2021 off season thread

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So report just now getting out about Les and LSU..

It's bad. Really bad.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I don't think he or Long make it past today.

This is really bad.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

you guys reading the yahoo report?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I agree this doesn't paint Les in the greatest of lights, nor Jeff Long but we have to remember here that is an LSU triggered investigation. Of course they are going to throw any and everyone else under the bus other than themselves for literally doing nothing when they knew all along.

Les and Long are in HOT water right now but I'm not sure how KU can fire a guy for something he allegedly did 8 years ago with no factual evidence from a report that came from the school who fired him. Now if this behavior is still going on Les and Long can walk right now.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:38 am I agree this doesn't paint Les in the greatest of lights, nor Jeff Long but we have to remember here that is an LSU triggered investigation. Of course they are going to throw any and everyone else under the bus other than themselves for literally doing nothing when they knew all along.

Les and Long are in HOT water right now but I'm not sure how KU can fire a guy for something he allegedly did 8 years ago with no factual evidence from a report that came from the school who fired him. Now if this behavior is still going on Les and Long can walk right now.
i almost posted something similar

also though, this requires a statement from Les, addressing the situation and being contrite (at minimum), imo
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It's that KU and Long "were not aware" like how? These guys know everything and everybody. And to say you know nothing..?

Deleted User 89

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:48 am It's that KU and Long "were not aware" like how? These guys know everything and everybody. And to say you know nothing..?
i don’t know...sounds like LSU wasn’t forthright with the public in an effort to save face. i think it’s plausible that KU and Long didn’t know (though i agree it seems unlikely...good old boys club and all)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"he allegedly did 8 years ago with no factual evidence"

This I think should be important.
Often times it is not.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I agree 8 years ago is a thing working in Miles behavior.

But I've seen people get fired for less and from a longer period.

The thing that Girod has to find out now is do you want Miles and Long to lead this program and was it an honest oversight, or was it an issue of blowing past things to get "the guy"

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

The more I think about it, the more of the blame I put on LSU.

With regard to Long and KU not knowing about it (not Mile's actions).

If you're hiring someone you're gonna contact their previous employer. You're only going to receive the information they volunteer.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:19 pm The more I think about it, the more of the blame I put on LSU.

With regard to Long and KU not knowing about it (not Mile's actions).

If you're hiring someone you're gonna contact their previous employer. You're only going to receive the information they volunteer.
Oh, a ton of blame goes on LSU. But Miles has to say something. Today.

Would Joe Alleva say anything nice if Long asked? Probably not, but maybe that's why Long didn't ask. He didn't want to know.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I should say if Long and Alleva even spoke. Which they probably didn't because Long knew who he wanted.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Order of blame (KUs side)
Long
Les

I think that it was 8 years ago makes Les less of a scapegoat right now. But Long is in deep trouble. Couple with that Self doesn't really like him, I think is a recipe for disaster. No due diligence on hire and you're most valuable employee doesn't like you is bad news.

Les, though, should be suspended pending investigation, starting today. And you have to really grill him and prepare for him to not be the coach and have him prove otherwise.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Long, started out with such a bang when he was hired but it has been mistake after mistake with him at the helm. You are right. He is standing on thin ice right now.

Les, his ice is only slightly more thick than Long. He had better come out and address this head on and do a damn good job of telling us what happened in the past is false and if something did happen it is in his past and that it will never happen again.

Imagine being his kids and his wife having to deal with this shit. I’m sure his wife knew about his past transgressions but I’m willing to bet his kids didn’t have clue.
Holidaysmore - 2005
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Here's my take:

Fire Long. Fire Miles.

Hire an AD who THRIVES in a basketball setting. FOCUS ON OUR STRENGTH, BASKETBALL.

Hire a man of high character, a young up-and-comer, preferably of color to run the football program...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

sdoyel wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:36 pm Here's my take:

Fire Long. Fire Miles.

Hire an AD who THRIVES in a basketball setting. FOCUS ON OUR STRENGTH, BASKETBALL.

Hire a man of high character, a young up-and-comer, preferably of color to run the football program...
Sooooo Turner Gill?

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

why would his race matter?

I mean, that sounds like you want to hire a black man, not support him and be set up to fail.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah that was kind of my thoughts. Why hire someone like that if you won't support them.

Also here's the thing, you don't need an AD that focuses on basketball. Basketball is its own machine that doesn't need a ton of support. Self runs it how he wants to run it and no AD will really tell him what to do.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Hire Lance Leipold or Jeff Monken if Miles is let go.

Those 2 guys are great character guys and have done a lot at places with not much going for them.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

From what I’ve just heard/read, Les is gone. Not sure if fired or resigned, but he’s gone.

Emmitt Jones or Josh Eargle will be the interim coach. That part is not known. And then they will do a national search once season is wrapping up to determine if interim gets to be permanent or they hire outside.